• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

The Tuned 2023+ Integra Experience & Reliability Thread

sp33d3r

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra A-Spec w/ Tech 6MT
Hello everyone! I'm new here, but have been reading through this thread which convinced me to pull the trigger on the KTuner with the Phearable 1.5R tune. Have about 1,300 miles on my '24 Integra A-Spec w/Tech, so I am guessing I should be good to go as far as break in.

This will be my first tune on any vehicle I've owned, have always just left them stock. It seems like everyone is having good luck with the phearable tune, and have also checked out the civicxi forum's thread on this which they also seem to be having good luck. The main reason it was tough for me to pull the trigger on the tuner/tune is the powertrain warranty that came with the car.

Has anyone had a powertrain issue after tuning and used the warranty? I'm almost certain they can tell you've tuned it, even if you re-flash it back to stock.

Also, what is an "ok" kcon to keep running at? From what I understand so far, 0.49 seems to be the best, but is there an upper limit? I live in Texas and have good 93 octane all around here, so that shouldn't be a problem, but that is one thing that I'll definitely be keeping an eye on.

And lastly, when flashing for the first time, I can just use my desktop to load and save the tune on the KTuner, and then just flash with the KTuner alone, right? Or do I need a laptop hooked up to it at the same time?

Big Duck

First Name
Big
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra, 240sx
Hello everyone! I'm new here, but have been reading through this thread which convinced me to pull the trigger on the KTuner with the Phearable 1.5R tune. Have about 1,300 miles on my '24 Integra A-Spec w/Tech, so I am guessing I should be good to go as far as break in.

This will be my first tune on any vehicle I've owned, have always just left them stock. It seems like everyone is having good luck with the phearable tune, and have also checked out the civicxi forum's thread on this which they also seem to be having good luck. The main reason it was tough for me to pull the trigger on the tuner/tune is the powertrain warranty that came with the car.

Has anyone had a powertrain issue after tuning and used the warranty? I'm almost certain they can tell you've tuned it, even if you re-flash it back to stock.

Also, what is an "ok" kcon to keep running at? From what I understand so far, 0.49 seems to be the best, but is there an upper limit? I live in Texas and have good 93 octane all around here, so that shouldn't be a problem, but that is one thing that I'll definitely be keeping an eye on.

And lastly, when flashing for the first time, I can just use my desktop to load and save the tune on the KTuner, and then just flash with the KTuner alone, right? Or do I need a laptop hooked up to it at the same time?
This video helped me

tomoose

First Name
tomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 acura integra
Vehicle: 2023 Integra A-Spec (CVT)

Total tuned time: 6 months

Tuned miles driven: 15,000

Tuning device(s) used: KTuner V1.2

Tunes used: Ktuner's Starter 21, then used TSP Stage 1 Tune

Fuel used: 91 octane

Additional related mods: PRL HVI, PLM DP & FP, Thermal R&D Exhaust

Problems/issues: None

Driving style: Most of the time I'd drive like a grandma but on some occasions I would do some lively driving.

Tuning experience notes: I commute basically 90+ miles for 4 days of the week and everything has been doing well. Might remove my dp because I feel that it might be a little too loud but love the burbles. I started to have this CVT whine when using my paddle shifters but i changed my CVT Fluid at 30k miles and it removed that whine. Also when I did change my fluid, only a little bit of metal shavings were on the bolt but that is to be expected from a CVT. All in all its still a blast when driving the car.
how do you change the fluid? this is my first car and didn’t know that was a thing since the dealer never told me about it, i thought i was going crazy hearing that noise, thank you

LiquidCarbon

First Name
Laing
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech manual 6sp
Vehicle: 2024 Integra A-Spec w/technology (manual)

Total tuned time: 2 months

Tuned miles driven: 2,000

Tuning device(s) used: KTuner V2.0

Tunes used: TSP Stage 1, map 2

Fuel used:
93 octane

Additional related mods: none

Problems/issues:
None

Driving style: Aggressive bursts here and there but mostly granny.

Tuning experience notes: map 2 differentiates between sport (20 psi) and other modes (18 psi). It appears that sport engine mode in individual mode doesn’t count as sport mode. I usually run in individual mode. I put it in pure sport mode and wow, that extra 2 psi make a difference. The car was on the edge of traction even pure stock. Now it has more power than traction. No complaints, provided a noticeable boost in performance with no downsides. I have not tried map 3.

Kamikaze5PDR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec 6MT
Vehicle: 2023 Integra A-Spec w/technology (manual).

Total tuned time: 7 months.

Tuned miles driven: 6,000.

Tuning device(s) used: Hondata Flash Pro.

Tunes used: Hondata race tune, Ososik custom tune.

Fuel used: 91 octane.

Additional related mods: PRL SRI, PRL Ti Inlet pipe, RV6 turbo, PRL charge pipes, PRL intercooler, Two-Step downpipe, PRL front pipe, Vibrant performance resonator, Magnaflow exhaust. Koyo radiator. RS-R lowering springs, RV6 rear sway bar, RV6 toe adjustment bars, SPC camber kit. Action Clutch Stage 2 Kevlar clutch with Chromoly flywheel, Hybrid racing short shifter assembly, Skunk2 weighted shift knob.

Problems/issues: Head gasket failure - New head gasket and Two-Step/ARP Ti head studs installed. Excessive oil flow to RV6 turbo - RV6 performance warrantied turbo and installed oil reducer.

Driving style: Commuter with periodic bursts.

Tuning experience notes: Based parts selection based on best bang for the buck. Had PRL HVI, but part no longer fit due to thicker radiator. For flash tune, discussed with Nick Ososik and modified Hondata tune for reliability (limited torque to 232 ft-lbs on Mustang Dyno, increased top end to 23 PSI max. Limitation to power with current build is fuel flow, 91 octane, and inlet air temperatures.

Shout out to Nick Ososik from Ososik Media, Rich Wong from RV6 Performance, and Two-Step Performance.
IMG_7854.jpeg
IMG_7933.jpeg
IMG_7861.jpeg
IMG_7885.jpeg
73464644628__F78F82DE-2E27-402F-9A88-FDA5F28E8B03.jpeg

IMG_8047.jpeg

Last edited: