Huge difference on cornering/overall agility - went ahead and put the rear tower strut on right afterwards then eventually a beefier rear sway bar.
I've basically hit a point where the suspension is limited by the stock tires. Eager to hit ~30k miles to swap them out, but I only put on about...
Pretty sure you'll need to pull the bumper hah but could give it a go
Yeah, i had never tuned before but it's super simple on this platform. Pair a ktuner v1.2 or v2 with a TSP stage 1 Tune or Phearable 1.5R Tune. They both make tunes for the cvt that limit torque to protect the transmission...
Welcome! For that resonator delete kit, one is for the stock air intake and the other is for the resonator off of the intercooler outlet. So you'll really only need the intercooler one, just have to pull the bumper to get to it.
Looks like you got the model before they replaced the CCV/turbo...
I only had a "permanent" code on a boost leak issue - i fixed the issue but the code wouldn't clear for a month or so of normal driving.
I typically let the car idle to operating temp before driving in the morning - this is why the code wasn't clearing. After finding out you need a cold start...
Dang, pretty much out of ideas. I've had the same issue 3 times - once from boost leak (limp mode), once from not plugging in the MAF harness, and once from not plugging in the throttle pedal harness.
But if its the Christmas tree dash from a harness not being plugged, full ECU drive cycle...
I can never get it with the drive cycle either so I usually just reflash the tune.
Curious though.. did you double check the harness clip at the top center of the bumper? It's a small one. Should be 5 harness clips in total
When you start the car with systems unplugged it throws tons of errors on your dash. These should just clear after a drive cycle. They're not engine codes that require a bidirectional scanner, it's a more of a systems warning.
The same thing happens when your car goes in limp mode due to heat...
Agree on tires - stock suspension is limited by the stock tires. Just hard to justify replacing them before the stock tires wear out.
Front and rear tower struts were one of my favorite mods for handling. The FSB is pretty thick stock, but it's heavy. I just went with the RSB so far. The turn...
After spending some time with it, the WOTP x HPT cooling plate keeps ECT about 9 degrees cooler on avg. Where 195 was the stable/avg ECT, it is now 186. But, I still have some heat issues in this crazy hot weather... mostly at sustained high freeway speeds & during spirited driving.
So, I'm...
Lining up the end links on that RV6 adjustable RSB has consistently been a PITA for me... you got any tricks?
Right now I have it on the stiffest setting because it lined up easily, dread trying to adjust it to mid setting but would prefer it.
Yep thinking the solution will be something like that. A friend (w/ a s2000 & '94 H22A1 prelude) suggested cheap dryer tubing to redirect air from behind the radiator and/or incorporating a shroud for the transmission cooler. I think wheel well liner venting makes sense, but then also thinking...
CVT / Heat Soak update:
Went on our local/mini tail of the dragon (Little Italy route) this past weekend to let a friend test out the car and see what the trans temp & ECT temps are up to under real stress. The car was in Sport + S Drive with manual mode for this.
We really could only push...
Is it the tune itself, or do spark plugs with shorter gaps play into it as well? Might be imagined, but would nearly swear it's an instantaneous difference tuned with .026 vs tuned with .032.
I tried using a pen style and a brush style... reached the conclusion that I should just wait to take it to a place to do a full paint correction or something.
When you get the tune file you use the ktuner software to load the tune on your ktuner device. In the software you can change 2 settings - early spool toggle and auto-start/stop disable.
For fuel injector you could add stft and ltft to your ktuner display. If ltft is -10 to -20%, it might be...
Lol.. Using some AI credits to see if we can armchair engineer the vented rear rotors...
VW atlas has rear calipers with EPB that can handle 22mm rotors. I happen to have an Atlas...
Apparently would need to test the electrical resistance and draw of the oem vs the atlas caliper, and if...