• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

The almost perfect roadtrip car (Miksfield's AB ITS)

QUIKAG

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2022 CT5-V Blackwing 6M
Yea probably more like 1.5x what I ordered to cover the front and back but I'm not sure if you can purchase that amount.
I bet you could put the extra in the spare tire well area under the cargo floor. That could help a bit more with quieting things down.

vexingv

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 ITS LCM/Red; '16 BMW M235-xdrive
how hard was it to remove the wheel arch/fender liners? are you planning to add sound deadening material to the doors at all? after watching some vides, i'm planning to add SoundSkin Pro material to the doors when i remove the door pocket cards to saw to RED LED lights. any thoughts on the different brands of sound deadening material (soundskin? vs resonix, killamat, etc)? they all seem awfully similar yet prices vary greatly.

TopazM3

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 LCM Integra Type S
Interested in the little spoiler on the A pillar near the mirror. Does it help buffeting noise? What is your source?

OP
OP

miksfield

First Name
Mikey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
how hard was it to remove the wheel arch/fender liners? are you planning to add sound deadening material to the doors at all? after watching some vides, i'm planning to add SoundSkin Pro material to the doors when i remove the door pocket cards to saw to RED LED lights. any thoughts on the different brands of sound deadening material (soundskin? vs resonix, killamat, etc)? they all seem awfully similar yet prices vary greatly.
Removing the fender liner was super easy. Just get one of those plastic pry tools so you save your fingernails. I'm not going to mess with the door because I saw in a different forum post that there already is some sound deadening in the doors but if you're already taking the door apart, you might as well. Not sure about brands, maybe someone else can help you with that. I'd guess theyre all fairly similar.

OP
OP

miksfield

First Name
Mikey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
Interested in the little spoiler on the A pillar near the mirror. Does it help buffeting noise? What is your source?
I don't think it actually does anything but it also doesn't hurt so I left on. Bought it from one of those cheap Chinese ebay brands. They're just little plastic stickers.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
I used the lane keep assist for the first time yesterday. Not bad. I disagree that it feels intrusive- at least in a bad way. I basically keep my hands on the wheel and the car drives itself.

IMG_0066.gif

The road noise is a worthy trade off. After driving an Altima for a few days it’s still staggering how well Acura executed on this car. To me it really doesn’t get any better for a road car driven on the street.

I wouldn’t hate a sunroof though.

Krazydan19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Model x, model 3, Rdx, triumph, ITS
Just got back from a 1700 ish mile trip to Florida starting from Austin,Tx. I could talk for hours about the details but I’ll just share some pics of the journey. Love this car and hitting Houston tx after 7pm last night was exciting. Got into some kinda pull with a yellow corvette with a headlight that was shacking like no othe, exciting! . anyways those roads are fun when the traffic is lite. Mpg 21-24 range depending on traffic

IMG_7990.jpeg

IMG_7989.jpeg

IMG_7987.jpeg

IMG_7976.jpeg

IMG_7967.jpeg

OP
OP

miksfield

First Name
Mikey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
Thanks for all of the info. How much of an impact do you think the rear wheel arch sound proofing made?
I'd say it was noticeable but still not enough (in my ears). It's still no Lexus. Maybe someone else on the forum could do a decibel check.

KindaACarGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S (ABP/Black) ; Tacoma TRD
I'd say it was noticeable but still not enough (in my ears). It's still no Lexus. Maybe someone else on the forum could do a decibel check.
Thanks for the honest answer. I may save myself the trouble then and skip that upgrade. It was tempting…