• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Spotted Integra Type S Thread!

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Spotted two FL5's no other DE5's yet.

Blek le Roc

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'73 Alfa GTV, '24 ITS
Well mine is stored for the winter, it isnā€™t going to be spotted for a while
Lately I've been driving my ITS in all sorts of slush and snow - makes me wish I had kept my Impreza, but I only have a two car garage. Or I could have found a storage place for the Alfa. Well, too late now, the Subie is gone. :(

SilverRocket

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS
Lately I've been driving my ITS in all sorts of slush and snow - makes me wish I had kept my Impreza, but I only have a two car garage. Or I could have found a storage place for the Alfa. Well, too late now, the Subie is gone. :(
Kept it because it's hard to see/get the ITS gunked up or was AWD that much better?

Blek le Roc

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'73 Alfa GTV, '24 ITS
Kept it because it's hard to see/get the ITS gunked up or was AWD that much better?
It's mostly a ground clearance issue with the ITS. I have a longish gravel driveway that even in the best conditions the ITS has trouble driving without scraping, add snow to that and it gets worse.

So far I haven't had problems with the ITS due to ice or snow, but we haven't had a really bad day yet. I'm on Wintrac (sp?) tires.

SilverRocket

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS
It's mostly a ground clearance issue with the ITS. I have a longish gravel driveway that even in the best conditions the ITS has trouble driving without scraping, add snow to that and it gets worse.

So far I haven't had problems with the ITS due to ice or snow, but we haven't had a really bad day yet. I'm on Wintrac (sp?) tires.
Yeah the 4 inch clearance is basically a snow plow but I find most if not all of the FWD winter complaints stem from vehicles which don't have the LSD (which is most of them). With Vredestein winter tires and the LSD, I think a lot more people would re-evaluate their position but it's no magic bullet.

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX

Yeah the 4 inch clearance is basically a snow plow but I find most if not all of the FWD winter complaints stem from vehicles which don't have the LSD (which is most of them). With Vredestein winter tires and the LSD, I think a lot more people would re-evaluate their position but it's no magic bullet.
Iā€™m on 275/35R19 veredestein wintrac pro. This gives me over an inch of clearance during winter season. Thus far Iā€™ve driven through three heavy snowstorms and no issues at all. Car climbs and maneuvers well while the 5ā€ clearance is just enough.

D05A4C9C-7DA0-494A-AF7C-D73A557287E3.jpeg
4334D76F-685E-4A36-A53A-EBCD899DCDCE.jpeg

F0939FD6-F65E-452D-B9E9-781E1FA79089.jpeg

Krazydan19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Model x, model 3, Rdx, triumph, ITS
Saw a white type S this morning in austin Tx Turing on to southwest parkway from Boston lane. He was windows down rolling, sounded good.
On Monday saw a LCM on the same road going the other way going from 71. Have seen the same LCM a few times.

waxman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
bike
Saw a white type S this morning in austin Tx Turing on to southwest parkway from Boston lane. He was windows down rolling, sounded good.
On Monday saw a LCM on the same road going the other way going from 71. Have seen the same LCM a few times.
Pretty sure that it was me that you've seen in the LCM

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Iā€™m on 275/35R19 veredestein wintrac pro. This gives me over an inch of clearance during winter season. Thus far Iā€™ve driven through three heavy snowstorms and no issues at all. Car climbs and maneuvers well while the 5ā€ clearance is just enough.

D05A4C9C-7DA0-494A-AF7C-D73A557287E3.jpeg
4334D76F-685E-4A36-A53A-EBCD899DCDCE.jpeg

F0939FD6-F65E-452D-B9E9-781E1FA79089.jpeg
Looks so good in the snow, especially on those wheels. So sad mine is tucked away šŸ˜­šŸ˜­

Have some *responsible* fun in the snow for me. This car must be a blast in the elements.

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
Looks so good in the snow, especially on those wheels. So sad mine is tucked away šŸ˜­šŸ˜­

Have some *responsible* fun in the snow for me. This car must be a blast in the elements.
The car does surprisingly so well in the snow. Maybe the extra weight in front helps grab traction but thus far Iā€™ve had no issues getting through 14ā€ snowstorm :)

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
The car does surprisingly so well in the snow. Maybe the extra weight in front helps grab traction but thus far Iā€™ve had no issues getting through 14ā€ snowstorm :)
FWD + a mechanical LSD + a manual trans (or automanual -- so long as you have control) w. some good tires in the snow is some of the most fun I've ever had on the road.

I really don't think you lose a lot of capability either. Obviously extra weight + extra driven tires will do a better job helping you get moving if you're stuck (and clearance issues are what they are), but once you dig out and get going, I think the difference is overrated. I've also found I'd personally rather have a car that's quicker to lose traction but more communicative about it and more predictable / controllable when it does, than one that holds on longer but doesn't telegraph as well when it breaks loose and is harder to rein in.

Last edited: