• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I finished up the install of the spoon springs on the DE5. Here are some pictures and a video I made:

IMG_3247.jpeg

IMG_3248.jpeg

IMG_3239.jpeg
Very cool. Thanks! How does the ride quality differ, if anything?

OP
OP
NSXavier

NSXavier

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
PORSCHE 911 Turbo (997) ACURA INTEGRA TYPE-S (DE5)
Build Thread
Link
Very cool. Thanks! How does the ride quality differ, if anything?
It feels similar to stock surprisingly and just a hair stiffer. What Iā€™ve done is made my individual mode:

Sport + for gauges and engine & comfort for suspension.

and in this setting, the suspension feels like it would in sport+

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec Tech 6MT
Looks good, but why not make it look GREAT with a set of 25mm spacers? In your video you said you refuse to run spacers. How come? Safety or something else? Itā€™ll definitely give it the stance it deserves.

I have run several size and brand spacers over the years without a single issue. Currently Iā€™m not since I went with 3pc wheels with custom offsets.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
It feels similar to stock surprisingly and just a hair stiffer. What Iā€™ve done is made my individual mode:

Sport + for gauges and engine & comfort for suspension.

and in this setting, the suspension feels like it would in sport+
Not bad at all! Thanks for the description!

OP
OP
NSXavier

NSXavier

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Build Thread
Link
Looks good, but why not make it look GREAT with a set of 25mm spacers? In your video you said you refuse to run spacers. How come? Safety or something else? Itā€™ll definitely give it the stance it deserves.

I have run several size and brand spacers over the years without a single issue. Currently Iā€™m not since I went with 3pc wheels with custom offsets.
I might have some wheels comin šŸ‘€

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec Tech 6MT
Ahh ok! Looking forward to it.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
But it's not a real Integra šŸ¤£

Hakmamba

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000, T4R V8, Prius Prime, Integra Type S
Shoulda got an M2... lol love the commentary and great vid. Didn't know alot of the fasteners etc were one time use. At least now i know I'm going to pay to get this done.

2015FB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Civic Type R R-13973
Great videos! Excited to follow along with the build.

Question on the one time use parts. Is it because of a coating on them like you mentioned or because they are aluminum torque to yield bolts that stretch when torqued? Curious as I lowered my FK8 in 2020 and put about 13,600 miles on them since. I didn't replace the parts and haven't had any issues but I am about to put it back to stock to sell/trade in to get into an Integra Type S and am wondering if I should replace them now as they may be getting weaker with removing them a few times if they are in fact TTY fasteners.

Oh...and your Integra that's not a real Integra has too many doors...šŸ¤£

OP
OP
NSXavier

NSXavier

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Build Thread
Link
Ahh ok! Looking forward to it.
Great videos! Excited to follow along with the build.

Question on the one time use parts. Is it because of a coating on them like you mentioned or because they are aluminum torque to yield bolts that stretch when torqued? Curious as I lowered my FK8 in 2020 and put about 13,600 miles on them since. I didn't replace the parts and haven't had any issues but I am about to put it back to stock to sell/trade in to get into an Integra Type S and am wondering if I should replace them now as they may be getting weaker with removing them a few times if they are in fact TTY fasteners.

Oh...and your Integra that's not a real Integra has too many doors...šŸ¤£
LOL the integra doors seems to be a popular topic.

Theyā€™re one time use bolts and nuts because of the anti corrosive coating. I honestly think I would have been ok reusing them especially since I retorqued everything to spec. But. Figured Might as well follow protocol..

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
I finished up the install of the spoon springs on the DE5. Here are some pictures and a video I made:

IMG_3247.jpeg

IMG_3248.jpeg

IMG_3239.jpeg
I saw the video and I did wonder was it worth it to drop about 1" for all the money and time?
I suppose yes, to you it probably was worth it.
It was fun to watch someone with knowledge tear it apart the way that you did.

Personally, I never understood lowering cars, I mean I get it, it looks a bit better, and it would look even better with whatever it takes to achieve the same look as a spacer might get you, more flush with the body of the car, I just never thought it so important to spend the money, but then again, I didn't have your knowledge, ability, space or tools to be able to do what you did, I can see that if I did I probably would have done the same thing, lol.

Forget the haters, just enjoy the car.
Keep the videos coming, thanks.

suzysparks

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MDX Type S; Integra Type S, Bronco Sport
This car was already my midlife crisis. I canā€™t imagine dropping it any lower and getting in and out of it on a daily basis. šŸ˜‚

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I'd like to drop it and put on 265 or 275/35/19 tires. Not sure that would work..

vtecvlow

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S
I love how you call out the hates in your video. Lol, solid post btw, thanks! Can't wait to tell the mustang community I traded in my GT for my ITS šŸ˜†šŸ˜‚