• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Splash Guards

Murry101

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2014 GLI Autobahn
Anyone purchase and install the OEM splash guards without using the self tapping screws? I want to prevent debris from hitting the wheel wells (already have a small chip in the passenger front well) and rockers, but I don't want to drill any holes. 3M makes some pretty sticky double sided tape. I was thinking I could tape or "glue" the OEM units without causing permanent damage...

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Anyone purchase and install the OEM splash guards without using the self tapping screws? I want to prevent debris from hitting the wheel wells (already have a small chip in the passenger front well) and rockers, but I don't want to drill any holes. 3M makes some pretty sticky double sided tape. I was thinking I could tape or "glue" the OEM units without causing permanent damage...
Screws go into plastic Mollys that are already present. This mod is easily reversible.

vexingv

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 ITS LCM/Red; '16 BMW M235-xdrive
I just installed the splash guards myself a few weeks ago too. You use a pushpin/thumbtack to pierce the top of the plastic pop rivet (one in each wheel well) that is already in place. One of the screws for each guard will screw into this hole. The other screws screw into the existing screw holes in the liner and use the provided screws in the kit, which are a bit longer.

For the rear splash guards, I did not wind up using the spring clip that clips onto/pierces the wheel well liner. In the rear, I also found that for the screw that fastens underneath the bottom of the splash guard (ie. Pointing up to the sky), the provided screw does not match the existing thread/size. So I kept the existing screw despite it being a bit shorter and not having any type of washer (although one could add a washer to the install).

Final tip, the rear installation was much more annoying due to the lack of clearance from the wheel/tire to allow tools to unscrew/screw the screws. The install instructions say to use a stubby screw driver, but my stubby still didn't provide the right access. I wound up using a philips bit that I then clamped to a vise and kind of wiggled my way with rotating the vise. It was a slow process, but if I had to do it again, I might have considered just removing the rear wheels to make the job easier.

OP
OP
Murry101

Murry101

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2014 GLI Autobahn
Thanks for the responses. I went to my dealer today to pick up a set. I didn't realize they cost $180. I need to recuperate from the holidays before I spend more on the car, so I passed for now. I will pick up a set before I put her back on the road after winter.

Final tip, the rear installation was much more annoying due to the lack of clearance from the wheel/tire to allow tools to unscrew/screw the screws. The install instructions say to use a stubby screw driver, but my stubby still didn't provide the right access. I wound up using a philips bit that I then clamped to a vise and kind of wiggled my way with rotating the vise. It was a slow process, but if I had to do it again, I might have considered just removing the rear wheels to make the job easier.
You need to get one of these.
Ratchet wrench small.jpg

https://www.harborfreight.com/8-piece-right-angle-screwdriver-92630.html?_br_psugg_q=bit+driver

vexingv

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 ITS LCM/Red; '16 BMW M235-xdrive
Thanks for the responses. I went to my dealer today to pick up a set. I didn't realize they cost $180. I need to recuperate from the holidays before I spend more on the car, so I passed for now. I will pick up a set before I put her back on the road after winter.

You need to get one of these.
Ratchet wrench small.jpg

https://www.harborfreight.com/8-piece-right-angle-screwdriver-92630.html?_br_psugg_q=bit+driver
thanks for that tip. i didnt know a tool like that existed.

as for the splash guards, you can find them online a bit cheaper. i bought mine for $125 here: https://www.alldiscountparts.com/oem-parts/acura-splash-guard-set-black-8p003s5200a
but you may have to factor in shipping charges too, as most of these online parts stores don't offer free shipping.

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
I used a small ratchet with a socket that you can put screwdriver bits in it.
Also works very well for the rear splash guard.

hypersss

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 ABP ITS
Yes, mine are the OEM splash guards for the Type S. The other thread shows the non Type S splash guards.

On the Type S, the lower half of the wheel sticks out from the body quite a bit. The splash guard extends outward just enough to match the full tire width. Hereā€™s a picture from the rear.

IMG_6591.jpeg

mkIntegra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra MT
that makes sense. I don't have the type S and just order the splash guards and was confused. Thanks for posting additional pics!

rojohi

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 DE5, 2019 FK7, former owner 2018 Fk8
that makes sense. I don't have the type S and just order the splash guards and was confused. Thanks for posting additional pics!
Got them installed on mine as well, and was pleasantly surprised (in a good way) that they stick out further.

I had rally guards on my FK8, but I personally didn't like the aesthetic for the ITS. OEMs seem like a nice compromise

Dnlongen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ā€˜24 Integra A-Spec, ā€˜07 TSX
Has anyone self-installed OEM splash guards on a ā€˜24 A-spec? I picked up a set from MyAcuraParts.com. The rears went on just fine with a nice clean finish and tight fit. The fronts though donā€™t match the contour of the rocker panel - there is a very noticeable gap. Did I get a defective set or is there a trick to installing them flush?

Front:
IMG_1824.jpeg

Rear:
IMG_1826.jpeg

KindaACarGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S (ABP/Black) ; Tacoma TRD
Yup, hereā€™s how the front ones are mounted.
IMG_6583.jpeg
IMG_6586.jpeg
Did you use the spring clips in the rear? If Iā€™m looking at the instructions correctly, it seems they contact the paintwork. I put the front splashguards on today, but need to get a smaller tool for the rear. so, I havenā€™t touched those yet.