• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

So....who managed to order a Type S?

Grelco

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
Fair point and I would expect some panels to perhaps not be the greatest alignment given what we've seen. But at least these are cosmetics and can be fixed if you want to. I'm just hoping for mechanically reliable with no major issues.

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
Dealer pretty confident in June??
They seem to be. Called them last week before I sold my car (to be 100 % sure I will have one of the two first ITS to arrive). Hope it won't take too long as I'm driving my stepfather 2004 Toyota Echo in the meantime.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
They seem to be. Called them last week before I sold my car (to be 100 % sure I will have one of the two first ITS to arrive). Hope it won't take too long as I'm driving my stepfather 2004 Toyota Echo in the meantime.
Who did you sell it to?

OP
OP
lumper

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
Agreed, BUT, look at the Type R, made in Japan by Japanese, it has no issues with gaps, color matches or anything else, (except seat welds.) lol.
It's just hey the car is literally twice what the car it is based on costs, you get can get a Civic or civic Sport for 25 to 27k, but 52 + for the Type s, so yeah, gaps and color matches need to reflect the better engineering and execution of the car in my opinion anyway, to each his own.
It would bother me to have obvious panel issues on a 52k$ car, unless that car was a Tesla.

Last edited:

Bzal1122

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
16 Tundra TRD Pro, 03 E46 M3, 23 gts4.0, 24 ITS
Agreed, BUT, look at the Type R, made in Japan by Japanese, it has no issues with gaps, colo rmatches or anything else, (except seat welds.) lol.
It's just hey the car is literally twice what the car it is based on costs, you get can get a Civic or civic Sport for 25 to 27k, but 52 + for the Type s, so yeah, gaps and color matcjhes ned to reflect the better engineering and excecution of the car in my opinion anyway, to each his own.
It would bother me to have obvious panel issues on a 52k$ car, unless that car was a Tesla.
I can agree with that. I don’t want gaps either but I’m not going to look for them most likely. Once you see it you can’t unsee it.

hollis

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL 3rd Gen
When I was looking at the Integra colors in dealer lot, I have to admit I saw excessive panel, color matching, trim, roof alignments, and other paint issues. This included TLX models also. Maybe acceptable for sub 25k cars, but 50k+?

Anyways, anyone know the NDA is lifted for the initial reviews to be available?

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
i love the guy's enthusiasm and great job mic'ing it up. i think it sounds good amongst its peers but some cars just aren't going to be "amazing" sounding. i just picked up an M3CS which i also put into that camp (https://youtube.com/shorts/NBuKuaqHqOs?feature=share). great car overall, sounds just meh. absolutely not taking anything away from the car(s) as a whole package though and this is a hugely subjective area. Heck. even a 992 Turbo S or most of the McLarens don't sound good to me lol. NA engine noise bias, admittedly.

super excited to see one in person and drive it!!

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
^^^^
The CTR’s recorded time was impressive but, for comparison sake, were all those vehicles running a special Michelin sport cup 2 (r compound) tire with special tuning and several deleted features, like A/C for example?

I would have preferred Honda run the standard CTR rather than some ‘special’ edition version.

Mike
can say for sure that there have been a LOT of advances in tire compounds since some of those cars posted their numbers ... however, they probably were on relatively high performance tires for their time and it's mind blowing that this little hatch can even get CLOSE.

right off the production, add a roll cage, delete a little weight to account for the cage seems to make the most sense to me, but oh well. it'll NEVER be quite fair due to the 1,000 variables. that list of cars has some really noteworthy cars in the mix. wowzas.

OP
OP
lumper

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
Not really sure I understand your point. How does the 200 ITS presale reward those dealers who will not mark up the car? Prior to the presale, my sales rep advised me by email that although my dealer will be charging a markup of $5K over MSRP, that there will be no markup on the 200 ITS presale cars. Was anybody else told that?
Yes, Jen from Acura of Berlin Ct said the same thing.
First 200 MSRP all others after those for the remainder of the year would be larked up, she didn't say how much.

Grelco

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
That's up to the dealer individually though. FWIW I heard from at least one dealer that the initial 200 would be MSRP and further allocations, no promises. I also heard that the initial cars would have market adjustment from other dealers. But whatever we were told, when the cars land there's nothing stopping them from being marked up other than honor system. I assume at least some people who think they're getting MSRP might not be when the time comes.

Airbag

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type-S/Apex Blue Pearl/Orchid
I have MSRP only and no markup confirmed by email at different times by both the sales rep and sales manager at SB Acura. Hard to believe they would renege on that but I suppose it's possible. We will see. If they do I will probably stick with my 2004 TL 6MT A-Spec until I can get an ITS at MSRP.

Grelco

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
Personally I'm going to assume it will happen until it doesn't and the papers are signed.