• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Sleeping in the car without triggering the alarm?

Tube_Alloys

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
I just picked up my 6MT Integra a few weeks ago and am heading out for a last minute car camping trip with some friends. I'm bringing a tent, but would like to try sleeping in the hatch to see how it is. Does anyone know a sure-fire way to spend the night without triggering an alarm? This is my first modern car so alarms are new territory for me.

A3REDT

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT, 2015 Chevrolet Camaro SS 6
Leave the car unlocked...

But if that's not an option, in general Ive found that as long as you lock the car with an internal button it will not arm the alarm. I.e. the control panel on the driver's door. I will always unlock with the key fob to ensure before opening a door.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
You can disable the auto-lock feature that locks the doors when you walk away from the vehicle. You should be fine then.

SKL

First Name
See
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
Let us know how it goes and how your camp bed is setup.
We usually car camp with my wife in our Outback and I'm outside in a hammock.
I might wanna consider using the Integra every now and then so the drive to/from campsite will be tons more fun.

OP
OP
Tube_Alloys

Tube_Alloys

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
Let us know how it goes and how your camp bed is setup.
We usually car camp with my wife in our Outback and I'm outside in a hammock.
I might wanna consider using the Integra every now and then so the drive to/from campsite will be tons more fun.
Went reasonably well!

I slept diagonally in the back on a sleeping pad, and cracked the sunroof a few inches for ventilation to address condensation.

At about 5'10", I had enough space to sleep straight without curling up, but not enough to stretch out. So would probably work for your wife, but for someone tall or for two people, it would be a squeeze.

SKL

First Name
See
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
Went reasonably well!

I slept diagonally in the back on a sleeping pad, and cracked the sunroof a few inches for ventilation to address condensation.

At about 5'10", I had enough space to sleep straight without curling up, but not enough to stretch out. So would probably work for your wife, but for someone tall or for two people, it would be a squeeze.
Awesome. Glad it worked out for you. Wife is 5'2" so I know there should be plenty of room for her.

Our setup to keep bugs out - we use a fabric mesh screen over a side window (held with magnets outside). Add in a small USB fan for circulation. Outback has no window frames on the doors but since the Integra does, I will likely pickup some over the door mesh screens so we can keep the windows open for ventilation.

SKL

First Name
See
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
Update.
Successful car camp
Wife fit in the hatch perfectly - she even left the right rear seat up and never felt cramped.
No issues with doors locking/unlocking as long as the key fob was near the car (it was with wife inside).
Amazon window mesh bug nets worked flawlessly even though temps were low and there were essentially no bugs.

Camp1.jpeg

Camp2.jpeg

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
ha, pretty cool! good to know it's possible.