• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Rear seat swap between A-Spec and Type-S?

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Aside from the extra bolstering & Alcantara, does even the A-spec have more features for both FRONT driver & passenger - as in memory/heated/power drivers seat & at least just power with maybe lumbar on the passenger? Been awhile since I test drove the A spec.

SierraOne

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A-Spec->ITS, '24 X1, '24 Navigator, '14 LR4
A-Spec has power/heated on the passenger, I don't remember if it has lumbar.

raisedhaze

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DA1 Integra, Civic SI, S30, Duramax
A-Spec has power/heated on the passenger, I don't remember if it has lumbar.
Per the spec sheets, no lumbar on passenger at any trim level. Considering we are NA only...there will never be lumbar on the right side...unless Japan or another RHD market launches it.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Per the spec sheets, no lumbar on passenger at any trim level. Considering we are NA only...there will never be lumbar on the right side...unless Japan or another RHD market launches it.
Lol. Had me excited for a second .. then I remembered it's a north American vehicle only

6-Speedio

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Type R
I've been wondering this too a while back. I'm sure it's possible and I'd love to do it.

The voice at the back of my head does keep telling me that insurance might use it as an excuse to not pay if passenger gets injured or something even remotely close to it. Main concern is with adding a seatbelt I think, not so much the seats. Though also passenger weight limit could also be a point of contention.
This is entirely right. As other folks are indicating: it is possible to do. However, legally you would get in a lot of trouble if someone was sitting in that middle seat and was injured or killed. The car was modified to hold more passengers than it was legally intended for and there are no supporting documents to allow that change.

I understand the A-Spec already has this, but as far as how the ITS was spec'd from the manufacturer, it was only ever intended for 4 passengers. Insurance might not pay. You'd be open to lawsuits from the occupant that insurance won't cover. You might even get in trouble with one of the federal agencies that look after vehicle safety.

6-Speedio

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Type R
Makes me wonder if this will show up in subsequent years. Both Honda and Acura love throwing additional features in along the way, we just never know what or when it will show up. I'm personally hoping the ITS gets a power passenger seat in 2025 or 2026. I remember when the 2004 TSX came out: it had a manual only passenger seat. By 2005 they were both power seats in the front.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
This is entirely right. As other folks are indicating: it is possible to do. However, legally you would get in a lot of trouble if someone was sitting in that middle seat and was injured or killed. The car was modified to hold more passengers than it was legally intended for and there are no supporting documents to allow that change.

I understand the A-Spec already has this, but as far as how the ITS was spec'd from the manufacturer, it was only ever intended for 4 passengers. Insurance might not pay. You'd be open to lawsuits from the occupant that insurance won't cover. You might even get in trouble with one of the federal agencies that look after vehicle safety.
My ITS left the dealership as a 5 seater..

1_3.jpg

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Like I said: It can be done. The legality of it is another story though.
I have everyone sign a waiver before their allowed a ride. Also posted a "Risk of injury or death" sign.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I have everyone sign a waiver before their allowed a ride. Also posted a "Risk of injury or death" sign.
If the dealership did it, wouldn't it be on them then? They should've mentioned this ahead of time & know better if that's the case right?

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
If the dealership did it, wouldn't it be on them then? They should've mentioned this ahead of time & know better if that's the case right?
I didn't say they did it. I just said when it left it was a 5 seater😉
Everything bolts in. Same mounting points in the ITS as the Aspec. They actually have empty buckle attachment brackets mounted in place since it can't be attached without them.

chenc544

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 17 Q60 RS, 07 997TT, 94 300ZX TT
I'm actually more curious about the front driver memory seat and if that can be retro fitted from the A-spec HW. Not sure where the control module for it lives.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I'm actually more curious about the front driver memory seat and if that can be retro fitted from the A-spec HW. Not sure where the control module for it lives.
I was contemplating on swapping some of the seat components. I know my Aspec keys are actually numbered and select settings based on what fob is in the car. The Type S keys do not have this feature.
In the end I didn't think it was worth it. My Aspec I had to reprogram the seat setting every so many days. It would constantly creep back until it would be all the way back. So not a huge loss.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I didn't say they did it. I just said when it left it was a 5 seater😉
Everything bolts in. Same mounting points in the ITS as the Aspec. They actually have empty buckle attachment brackets mounted in place since it can't be attached without them.
I did have a sliiiight hunch you did it in the parking lot. 😆

CTR FTW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2020 Accord 2.0, 1993 CBR600 F2
The seating capacity is limited by the load rating of the tires. There is a Tire and Loading Information Label in the door jamb that calls out the number of occupants and cargo capacity. This information feeds into the calculation of the Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (maximum allowable weight of vehicle, ccupants, and cargo), which is on the certification label (VIN label).

Running with 5 people in the vehicle will likely exceed the load capacity of the tires, so that should be considered before swapping the rear seats.