• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

PRL intercooler install and front emblem. (bumper removal)

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
93 EH with 97 JDM ITR swap, 2024 ABP/ orchid ITS
Below is the install video for my PRL intercooler and front black emblem on my Type S.
How to remove the bumper so you don't make the mistake I did and break a clip.
Hope this helps the DIY'ers

Last edited:

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Type S or A Spec?

OP
OP
koatic

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S or A Spec?
car is Type-s but had to use the standard integra bumper removal instructions. there is a difference in the side clips which I broke one in the video.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
car is Type-s but had to use the standard integra bumper removal instructions. there is a difference in the side clips which I broke one in the video.
For some reason it didn’t load the preview for me the first time, my network was probably slow again with the weather. I broke that same clip on the passenger side in the exact same spots as you & you know what’s crazy is that side still fits perfectly but the driver side on that clip won’t line back up. The plastic tab on the under side of the painted “header” panel piece seems to be bent enough to have lost its rigidity to simply slide & click back in. I’ll probably have someone else mess with it after I take it off again.

tajensen11

First Name
Trace
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech 6MT White/Black
My first try at taking the bumper off...I ended up breaking one of the plastic undercarriage pieces the two bolts are screwed into and held by speed nuts. The bolt and nut were fused together or something because it stuck so well that it ended up just twisting the plastic. Going to have to try again to get the bolt loose from the speed nut, glue the plastic back, and give the bumper another go for the front emblem.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Nothing broken here but I still have the gap under the passenger side headlight.

Krazydan19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Model x, model 3, Rdx, triumph, ITS
Looks good all blacked out on the front. Makes want to do the black emblems front and add 15 pounds of intercooler !🤪. You notice any difference?

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
good work sharing the video .. always nice to share lessons learned. i like the look of the blacked out emblem but sheesh ... too much of a PITA for me ... lol. kudos to you!

OP
OP
koatic

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Looks good all blacked out on the front. Makes want to do the black emblems front and add 15 pounds of intercooler !🤪. You notice any difference?
I want to say that I do actually notice a super small decrease in turbo lag and slightly more responsive at low RPMs. HOWEVER, that could all be in my head.. MY plan was to try and get a dyno run after each part I install so I have facts not opinions. tried to contact the Dyno twice since I installed the intercooler and no answer/response. next up is the charge pipes install and they were supposed to be in last week. :confused: might just install the titanium inlet next since I already have it, not sure when the Dyno will open back up..