• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

PRL High-Volume Intake

Subby625

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra 2023
Seriously considering the PRL high-volume intake now that it’s available. Wondering if anyone has received and installed and whether it’s a worthwhile upgrade? Also, how easy is the install?

Tux_Integra

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra 2023
Seriously considering the PRL high-volume intake now that it’s available. Wondering if anyone has received and installed and whether it’s a worthwhile upgrade? Also, how easy is the install?
super easy, took about 30 minutes.

Ap2Iven

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda s2000 / 10th Gen Civic
Still waiting on mine, it was though decision between PrL and k&N but PRL gives it more of an OeM look and less flashing. I’ll keep you posted when I install , ups says Saturday

SteamedHams

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5G Integra 6MT
Still waiting on mine, it was though decision between PrL and k&N but PRL gives it more of an OeM look and less flashing. I’ll keep you posted when I install , ups says Saturday
How'd you get them to ship to California? IIRC they cancel orders placed to CA :(.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
That’s awesome! Have you noticed any performance improvements?
For an intake I wouldn't expect more than some sound and throttle response. Unless the original intake tube/filter are a REAL bottleneck, which isn't the case on modern cars usually, you won't get much gains from the intake alone. In 80's/90's turbo cars they helped a lot more as they were used to help mitigate output (See R32 GT-R for example where you can get 10-15 wheel just from an intake) but in modern cars even 5-6 wheel is rare, and more often 1/2 of that is just from a more free flow filter element than the tube itself.

lunchbox

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Manual
I can hear a difference but not really in performance, not sure if it's bc I'm running a Ktuner on it already.
This is all I really expect from an intake. If you had to put a percentage on the sound increase, what would you put it at?

Last edited:

Tux_Integra

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra 2023
Curious if any of these intakes add some intake sound.

This is all I really expect from an intake. If you had to put a percentage on the sound increase, what would you put it at?
I wouldn't say it's a night and day sound difference, but I think a better sound coming out of the engine.

Ap2Iven

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda s2000 / 10th Gen Civic
How'd you get them to ship to California? IIRC they cancel orders placed to CA :(.
WTH??? I hope you’re joking … never had an issue of parts being cancelled due to it being California… hope mine doesn’t get sent back … it should ups already has the package

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
I can hear a difference but not really in performance, not sure if it's bc I'm running a Ktuner on it already.
If 1 is stock sound level and a 10 is cobra CAI (loud intake noise and full turbo sound inside with windows up). How would you rate the prl?

OP
OP

Subby625

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra 2023
Appreciate all the feedback! Just bit the bullet and purchased, can’t wait to receive.

Will probably do the Phearable tune in the new year, too

SteamedHams

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5G Integra 6MT
WTH??? I hope you’re joking … never had an issue of parts being cancelled due to it being California… hope mine doesn’t get sent back … it should ups already has the package
Apparently some places are now no longer shipping non-CARB parts to CA for fear of getting sued.

Dunno how yours slipped through; PRL says: "This product is not currently CARB exempt and is not available for purchase in California & CARB States or for use on any vehicle registered with the California Department of Motor Vehicles."

Guess I'll try placing an order and see if maybe it's not enforced :)

cdr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra A-Spec
I got mine shipped to California. I just received it this past week after the preorder. I hope they do get CARB approval soon though. I kept the original intake just in case I have to smog before getting the EO sticker.