• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Now that the price has been announced, how do you feel about it?

• Entirely too high. I'm out.

Votes: 62 43.7%
  • Higher than expected, but I can work with it.

Votes: 56 39.4%
  • About where I was expecting (within $1k of your best guess). Told you so.

Votes: 18 12.7%
  • No ADM? What a steal! I'll take two, please!

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I'm a 911 pcar rennlister - I shouldn't have come here lol ;)

Votes: 4 2.8%

• Total voters

TheRas900

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Macan S, '16 ES350 and hopefully a '23 Integra
Honestly, I was ambivalent about losing the sunroof from my 6MT. With this price, I'm out.
I'll either go for a 6MT Supra/Z, M3 or keep my current Integra which I love.
The pricing on the Type S makes the Golf R seem like a bargain - I just don't like the styling or VW.

Ricochet48

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 RSX Type S
I think modern cars in general will age very poorly because the tech (and resulting interior design) looks outdated so fast. I also think any car with a digital dash and that uses the infotainment screen to control any vehicle functions will depreciate like a rock because those parts are not going to be available in 10 years and a screen going out will make the car undrivable.

The real classics that are going to hold value are already a decade or more old. People are going to go nuts over old lightweight cars when everything else on the road is a 3 ton EV.
Agreed. The screen in the ITS is already outdated (see the much better Accord one).

My RSX-S is basically fully analog and weighs only 2,800lbs, that's not a thing anymore and much more of a 'classic' than this ITS will ever be.

Tw1stedlog1k

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M2 Competition
I'm just here to complain and babble.

49k-50k I can work with from a value standpoint. 52k is out of the question, as-is, but I'm banking on discounts to bring the car back to a reasonable proposition. That may never happen and the cars will likely move even with markups but I do have to draw the line somewhere. I'm fortunate enough to not *need* one but if the right car comes along I'd spring for it. If I end up waiting a few years before they move on to a new generation and/or discontinue the car while increasing the price even more, I'd bite the bullet at THAT point or buy used.

JohnV

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'13 Ford C-Max Energi '19 Acura RDX
I'm not in the market for a Type S because my 6MT is in my sweet spot for performance. I'd rather have good mileage and miss out on the occasional desire for more power.
Lots of talk about the M240, so I wanted to weigh in because I sold my 128i when I got the Integra. I'm not saying they are the same car, but there are similarities, with 2-door, RWD, 6-cyl MT6. And many say they are ugly, but in 5 years mine grew on me. I exchanged the greater performance of the Bimmer, for more practicality in the Acura. If I had been able to get the E87 5-door, I'd probably still have it.
But today, everything is overpriced. Comparing the Integra base price against a BMW is misguided because of the real cost to add desirable options. I built online, adding stuff like Premium package, wireless charging and HK sound, and came up with 55K. For a few grand more, you could argue either way. But you still have to go to the M2 for the MT6. Building that I did add the Carbon package for upgraded seats and Carbon fiber accents instead of piano black, adding 10K for a total of 75K. I don't think any of the cars are worth these prices. But this is the world we live in.

VtecBuddy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
I'm just baffled at the value prop here. The FL5 is a nurbrugring record holder (yeah yeah I know it was a special edition, but still) and a track car with a bunch of features FOR the track. The DE5 won't be as fast (or exclusive) as an FL5, isn't as comfortable/feature-packed as an A-spec, isn't built in Japan, and doesn't have AWD or a beefy V6 like the TLX. So where does the 8k premium come from other than the Acura badge? Sound system plus HUD doesn't cut it. The seats are a wash despite having heating since the Type R seats are just so good.

And these prices in the US aren't driven by increased costs either, since the FL5 goes for 37k in Japan and the DE5 is going for 42k in Canada.

I'll be curious to see what Savagegeese think because they said at the end of the FL5 review that the FL5 was a great car, but not worth paying a markup for.

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
I unfortunately don't have the luxury of owning multiple cars (well, my wife has her midsize SUV, and I have my car), so my car needs to be a "do it all" car for me, where its primary duties are driving me to/from work, running errands, etc. The Integra has a few usability improvements over my current car, but for any large hauling of cargo or people, my wife's SUV fits the bill perfectly.

At $52k, after trade-in and taxes, I'd be looking at $20k to move in to an ITS, and the ITS lacks a number of features that I use frequently on my car. Yes, the ITS is a more engaging car to drive than my car, but I can't bring myself to spend $20k more for a car that has less features, and worse build quality than the car I have now. It's not an issue of having the money, I've got more than enough sitting in my HYSA to cover the difference. It's the value that I feel I'm getting, or in this case, not getting, that led to pass on an ITS.

FWIW, if I really wanted more speed out of my car (not that it's slow as it is), I could throw a stage 2 turbo, downpipe, and intercooler on my car, and have it be making 350whp with AWD. I don't think I'll go down that route, and certainly not while I'm still under factory warranty coverage, but the option is there if I want to.

I talked to my salesman yesterday, told him that at $52k I wasn't an interested buyer, and to remove me from their list and refund me my $1k deposit. To the people that do end up buying an ITS, I'm happy for you, and I'm sure you'll enjoy it, but for me, it's not worth the $20k difference I'd be looking at to make the switch.

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
I could've worked with 52k if it had SH-AWD. I see absolutely no value at the released price. We're talking, taxes, tags and dealers fees 60k for a fwd car.
Honestly, if they put the TLX/RDX version of the K20C in it along with the revised 10AT found in the TLX-S as an option, and the SH-AWD system, it would've been a great option that differentiated itself from the CTR.

I've got a K20C and SH-AWD in my TLX, and it's a nice combo. The K20C is flashed, which definitely helps wake it up to deal with the car's weight, but the SH-AWD system does an incredible job in the corners.

But maybe we were all a bit too hopeful with what Acura was allowed to do with the Integra. The original Integra was just a slightly different Civic, and the current Integra is really no different.

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
I unfortunately don't have the luxury of owning multiple cars (well, my wife has her midsize SUV, and I have my car), so my car needs to be a "do it all" car for me, where its primary duties are driving me to/from work, running errands, etc. The Integra has a few usability improvements over my current car, but for any large hauling of cargo or people, my wife's SUV fits the bill perfectly.

At $52k, after trade-in and taxes, I'd be looking at $20k to move in to an ITS, and the ITS lacks a number of features that I use frequently on my car. Yes, the ITS is a more engaging car to drive than my car, but I can't bring myself to spend $20k more for a car that has less features, and worse build quality than the car I have now. It's not an issue of having the money, I've got more than enough sitting in my HYSA to cover the difference. It's the value that I feel I'm getting, or in this case, not getting, that led to pass on an ITS.

FWIW, if I really wanted more speed out of my car (not that it's slow as it is), I could throw a stage 2 turbo, downpipe, and intercooler on my car, and have it be making 350whp with AWD. I don't think I'll go down that route, and certainly not while I'm still under factory warranty coverage, but the option is there if I want to.

I talked to my salesman yesterday, told him that at $52k I wasn't an interested buyer, and to remove me from their list and refund me my $1k deposit. To the people that do end up buying an ITS, I'm happy for you, and I'm sure you'll enjoy it, but for me, it's not worth the $20k difference I'd be looking at to make the switch.

basically the same. I could just keep the GTI and buy a slightly used Miata to get my driving engagement fulfillment. I dont' know where Acura got the price.... FL5 is already overpriced at 44k, what does the Teg have warrants the 7k hike? Considering its missing bespoke body panels, its likely not much more to produce or even cheaper.

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
basically the same. I could just keep the GTI and buy a slightly used Miata to get my driving engagement fulfillment. I dont' know where Acura got the price.... FL5 is already overpriced at 44k, what does the Teg have warrants the 7k hike? Considering its missing bespoke body panels, its likely not much more to produce or even cheaper.
Agreed. People were shocked at the FL5's price compared to the FK8. And as you said, $7k more for the ITS than the FL5, and for what?

You get a HUD with limited displayed info, inferior seats that are heated, and a nice stereo system (I do like the ELS 3D system in my TLX, it sounds great).

That's not $7k worth of value IMO.

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
Agreed. The screen in the ITS is already outdated (see the much better Accord one).

My RSX-S is basically fully analog and weighs only 2,800lbs, that's not a thing anymore and much more of a 'classic' than this ITS will ever be.
When I went to look at an A-Spec Tech to get a sense of the interior materials and build quality, I was a bit surprised by the screen. It feels small, and looks like it should be wider (like the one in the Accord).

Maybe in 2-3 years when the MMC comes out, it'll have a wider screen in it along with some other improvements (although given how Acura has increased prices YoY, it may be $60k by that point).

hollis

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL 3rd Gen
The SI at 30K looking awful attractive too as a commuter and get a used Miata for 10K and your still have 12K left over..

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
The SI at 30K looking awful attractive too as a commuter and get a used Miata for 10K and your still have 12K left over..
Si is too slow for me to even consider it, besides its a 30k with out heated seats is outrageous. 30k will buy a lightly used GTI or little more for a Elantra N.

hollis

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL 3rd Gen
I agree with you. It's dyno'ed at 230hp, but light ecu tune to get 20-30 more hp. Would be perfect for its fwd limits. Should hit 0-60 in 6 sec which is acceptable for street driving. No, please don't try to race in it.

Do you really need 320hp for commuting? Are you really going to track a ITS? These are questions I keep asking myself..... running in circles

VtecBuddy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
Agreed. People were shocked at the FL5's price compared to the FK8. And as you said, $7k more for the ITS than the FL5, and for what?

You get a HUD with limited displayed info, inferior seats that are heated, and a nice stereo system (I do like the ELS 3D system in my TLX, it sounds great).

That's not $7k worth of value IMO.
I think the double price hike is why I'm so upset. Honda made the FK8 pretty affordable, and then the FL5 price hike probably came from Honda knowing that people were paying markups on the FK8. But then Honda saw that dealers were getting markups on the FL5 and went EVEN FURTHER with the DE5's price. Hence why it feels insulting. Is this car really worth 40% more than the FK8? Idk.