• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Plastic Rattle from seat belt holders

lnf

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lunar Silver, 6MT Integra
Sometimes when I drive, I slouch my legs causing the seat belt holder to rest against the plastic on the bottom of the driver search which can cause a plastic rattle.

Has anyone experienced this? I was thinking about fitting the seat belts with some felt to stop the plastic on plastic rubbing.

Ap2Iven

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda s2000 / 10th Gen Civic
This happens to my driver side seat belt area, it’s a bit annoying since the vehicle is brand new. I’m waiting til my first service date to bring it up so while it’s getting an oil change they can look and or fix the problem. If this was my s2000 I would be dealing with the noise but since this car is brand new , it’s going straight to the dealer .

OP
OP
lnf

lnf

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lunar Silver, 6MT Integra
This happens to my driver side seat belt area, it’s a bit annoying since the vehicle is brand new. I’m waiting til my first service date to bring it up so while it’s getting an oil change they can look and or fix the problem. If this was my s2000 I would be dealing with the noise but since this car is brand new , it’s going straight to the dealer .
It sounds like you have more experience than me, but what would they do to resolve? I recreated the issue but feel the dealership would just tell me its a characteristic...

Ap2Iven

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda s2000 / 10th Gen Civic
Nope not “normal characteristic or can’t duplicate issue” it could be fixed easily with some felt. And I’m sure I have some at my house to fix it , but I’d rather have a dealer fix it due to the fact that it will stay in Hondas record that this was an issue at one point , in case noise comes back .