• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

KhasnFX

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'09 Civic Si, '23 Integra
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech 6MT in Apex Blue Pearl/Ebony. This is my first new car, I'm so excited to be driving this! Coming from an 8th gen Civic Si sedan, there's some things I like, some that I don't, and some that I think I'll get used to.

I love how the car looks in person. Apex Blue is the best normal car paint I've seen, rivaling Mazda's Soul Red Crystal in my opinion. The proportions work well and it definitely looks better in person than in photos. The car also rides really well over rough pavement. My Civic has KONI shocks and H&R lowering springs that drop the ride height about 1.4", so it tends to crash on dips and rough roads. I took a local mountain pass on my way home in the Integra and it feels great in every drive mode.

Some things I immediately didn't like were the HUD and lack of parking brake. In my opinion, the HUD feels like there's something permanently stuck to my glasses, and I personally don't feel that it's necessary. I will read the manual and turn off the HUD the next time I get into the car. I don't hate the parking brake switch as much as I thought I would, but I still would rather have a real handbrake for hills and reversing up steep driveways.

I thought I would hate the auto start/stop but so far it feels unintrusive. I heard some people complain about the fake engine noise, I personally feel like the car is too quiet - my Civic has an Apex'i WS2 cat-back exhaust which is the perfect volume for me. Right now it's a little difficult to shift by engine note, I tend to look at the gauges more in the Integra while I shift by ear in my Civic. The clutch pedal and shifter also feel much different - The bite zone is higher and the shifter throws are shorter than my Civic. I think these are things I'll get used to after spending more time driving the Integra.

20220713_174356_01.jpg

DSC02682_01.jpg

JohnV

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'13 Ford C-Max Energi '19 Acura RDX
Nice looking garage! Thanks for the review. I'm struggling with the parking break too, I'm a month and 1000 miles in.

Hoggierolls

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 integra 6mt
Nice I like the hud for navigation and the spped limit display and the green lines for lkas and the parking brake is way different and I still forget to press it in the right direction when putting it on or taking it off 😂. Congrats on the car!

SuperCyan

First Name
Xavian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec w/ Tech CVT
To turn the HUD off or change what it displays, scroll the right side button/wheel down a bit and it should be there. I also am unsure if I like it or not so I have it off for now. I lowered it's placement and brightness so it's a little better now for me but still need time to get used to it

Jessegovols

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Honda CRV EXL, 2004 Acura TSX Manual Previous: 92 Mazda MX6 GT, 93 Mitsubishi 3000 GT VR4, 99 Honda Civic Si
Looks awesome. Blue would definitely be my choice as well. What was your OTD price ? Did they mark up at all ?

OP
OP
KhasnFX

KhasnFX

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Looks awesome. Blue would definitely be my choice as well. What was your OTD price ? Did they mark up at all ?
I didn't pay "markup", but there were ~$1,000 in mandatory dealer options on top of MSRP (ceramic window tint and wheel locks).

OEMjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra, 99 Audi A4
I don't hate the parking brake switch as much as I thought I would, but I still would rather have a real handbrake for hills and reversing up steep driveways.
It comes with hill assist —easier than timing the e-brake and throttle :)

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2004 RSX Type S
Thanks for the review and insights.

I saw the Acura of Pleasanton sign, do you recommend working with them? I'm in the early stages of shopping and have a test drive with Acura SF today.

OP
OP
KhasnFX

KhasnFX

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

I saw the Acura of Pleasanton sign, do you recommend working with them? I'm in the early stages of shopping and have a test drive with Acura SF today.
I have a good experience with Pleasanton. My sales rep was responsive through the process from initial reservation to picking up the car. Upfront about costs, no aggressive up-charging or playing around with monthly payments like other dealerships tend to do. Buying experience was quick and smooth. I actually went back there last week for my free oil change, no issues!

LCM23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 A Spec Tech 6MT
Love the color. Setup the settings to your driving needs. I really don't have complaints about the car except the visibility out of the rear window.

I stayed away from Acura SF when they wanted 50k last year lol. So I went to Marin Acura. No pressure and getting the car was seamless. If you want to test drive out there, do it early in the day. Traffic on the 101 can ruin the full throttle experience