• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ordering Integra Type S

jsntercero

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda Civic SI 2015
Little inside scoop on pre-orders... it seems preorders will be done exclusively at Acura.com on May 11th.
$500 deposit and you will select the dealership to send your vehicle and color. Available colors for the pre-order Blue/Black/Tiger/Gray
white/red will not be available for pre order. No information on pricing yet but according to my sources its expected to be 48-50k + 1.5k with dealer options (tint/nitrogen/mats/coating) these will vary state by state.

Only 200 will be available for the entire US for the June 20th+ release, additional batches expected July August October.

Will be posting more info as soon as I have it.
so if i reserve the pre order will it be bought at the msrp price or will dealers still be able to mark it up? never experienced this system ever so im curious how it works.

Khyle785

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra 2023, Toyota MR2 1987
I read somewhere that the sunroof was removed because of the added grip and lateral forces caused it to crack.
Oh damn … I’ll have to source a great aftermarket one then

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

Gyfer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
so if i reserve the pre order will it be bought at the msrp price or will dealers still be able to mark it up? never experienced this system ever so im curious how it works.
MSRP there won't be a mark up as the price will already be defined on May 11th at Acura.com, the only mark up's we expect are the things done to the car by the dealer. Don't be surprised to see "Nitrogen" be an upgrade of $400 by your local dealer.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
The regular integra online pre orders were BEFORE MSRP was announced……..similar situation here?
Yes, those of us who did the early reservation deal last year had to wait around 6 weeks for MSRP to be announced. You can choose to negotiate any additional cost above MSRP with your dealer now, or you can wait.

MSRP there won't be a mark up as the price will already be defined on May 11th at Acura.com, the only mark up's we expect are the things done to the car by the dealer. Don't be surprised to see "Nitrogen" be an upgrade of $400 by your local dealer.
This isn't accurate--Acura may announce MSRP when they open the reservation system, or we might have to wait. In either case, you're not reserving at any specific price, the price is set by the dealership you choose, so you should probably work that out with your dealership as soon as you can.

Dealers set the prices, your reservation helps connect you with a dealership, but doesn't guarantee you get the car at any specific price. You have to negotiate the sales price and add-ons with your chosen dealership. Dealerships are all independent businesses and they each handle it their own way.

jchall30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
My question still is will they take more than 200 reservations? When they hit 200 will you still be able to choose a spec and reserve it then just have to wait till the next shipments?

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
My question still is will they take more than 200 reservations? When they hit 200 will you still be able to choose a spec and reserve it then just have to wait till the next shipments?
So first, take the 200 number with a grain of salt, it seems to be coming from dealerships and they're notoriously hit-and-miss on their accuracy. It's possible Acura is aiming to have 200 Type-S' available by the on-sale date, but they haven't said. I don't recall Acura closing the reservation system last year, I believe it stayed up through much of the summer.

Also, really important to note, a reservation doesn't guarantee your dealership will ever receive a vehicle in your preferred spec. The reservation system helps connect customers with dealerships, and it helps the dealerships align whatever allocations Acura gives them with the most interested customers and it should help the dealership prioritize who gets what, it also should help you get the first crack at buying a car in your preferred specs if/when it comes in when they get to your place on the list... but it doesn't always. Pricing and trustworthiness varies from dealership to dealership since they operate independently.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Update: 1 of my 2 dealers with deposits called me today to ask colors, so I finally have color requests for both dealers. He said he will submit this info to Acura now. The other dealer got this from me a little over a week ago. He also mentioned that there will likely be a reservation system again to try to be more like an “iPhone/Amazon” platform experience like what the whole world has been gravitating towards lately. They may need to refund my current deposit so that I can submit deposit through website, but will clarify as we all get closer. He was at the dealer meeting reveal that we saw the other day with Jonathan Rivers where he was onstage & said he got to sit in the white ITS. He also mentioned that Acura has a “playbook” in how they are going to both roll out new info to the public as well as how the dealers are to handle further reservations/deposits.

The dealer from today is smaller than the other one & said they will only be allocated 5 ITS for the rest of the year. Hopefully the other high volume dealer will get more than that - by the looks of their lot, I’d say it “should” be 10-15 for the year at least. The difference between the 2 is like a small mom & pop Acura shop vs like a Best Buy Acura shop. They also let me tour the entire facility & go into the garages & also said they would give me access to be able to speak with any of the techs I’d like at any time, most of which have been there 2-3 decades - this says a lot about the type of dealership & how they service people.

I’ll update with anything else I hear relative.

VtecBuddy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
I read somewhere that the sunroof was removed because of the added grip and lateral forces caused it to crack.
Do you have a source on that? That's some pretty cool technical info that I wouldn't expect a non-exotic auto manufacturer to share. Would love to read more engineering stuff like that, I remember they released a huge info packet with the FL5 that was pretty cool.

chenc544

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 17 Q60 RS, 07 997TT, 94 300ZX TT
Update: 1 of my 2 dealers with deposits called me today to ask colors, so I finally have color requests for both dealers. He said he will submit this info to Acura now. The other dealer got this from me a little over a week ago. He also mentioned that there will likely be a reservation system again to try to be more like an “iPhone/Amazon” platform experience like what the whole world has been gravitating towards lately. They may need to refund my current deposit so that I can submit deposit through website, but will clarify as we all get closer. He was at the dealer meeting reveal that we saw the other day with Jonathan Rivers where he was onstage & said he got to sit in the white ITS. He also mentioned that Acura has a “playbook” in how they are going to both roll out new info to the public as well as how the dealers are to handle further reservations/deposits.
Thanks for the info. Glad to hear that Acura has a plan, not sure how well they can execute to it but at least they are not just letting it go wild wild west i guess. We have 4 Acura dealers in the area and I have contacted all of them about Type-S and only one of them has ask me for a color request so far... Oh well.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Thanks for the info. Glad to hear that Acura has a plan, not sure how well they can execute to it but at least they are not just letting it go wild wild west i guess. We have 4 Acura dealers in the area and I have contacted all of them about Type-S and only one of them has ask me for a color request so far... Oh well.
Damn! I don’t like the sound of that. When the manager called me, he mentioned that he noticed there were no color options selected to which I replied I’ve been asking the salesman & even texted him my colors yesterday & he didn’t reply or pick up his phone today - some young kid, probably early 20’s. The other dealership is much more on top of things. I do wish I had 4 options instead of 2 though! Maybe reach out to the others & say something along the lines of “from what I’m hearing from others with deposits across the country on the forum, there are deposits & color selections available - here’s mine.” That is, if you don’t want them to know they’re competing for your money. Lol

chenc544

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Reading on the Integra Facebook group on the Type-S ordering rumors it seem like maybe Acura is putting dealers into different groups. Ones that get an initial "allocation" and can put in request for color combos and ones that don't get an initial "allocation". This allocation seem separate from the upcoming online reservation. It also appears that not all dealers are eligible to be selected for where you take delivery for the May 11 online reservation. There were talks of dealers are only allowed to charge MSRP for the online reservation, not sure how much I believe this, and that Acura will build all the reservation orders first before get to the none-allocation dealers. If all this is true it seem like Acura's playbook is to make sure that the enthusiasts that really want one and has been keeping up with the news can get one early and at reasonable price. Acura might have intentionally leave room for some dealers to make some additional profit by requiring accessories. Either way, seem like the smart thing to do regardless is to put in your reservation directly with Acura on May 11 with $500.

I have seen reports of some OEMs using the allocation as a way of discouraging ADM. If the above is true it seem like Acura is definitely trying to do that with Type-S. With all that said, please take all these with big grain of salt. I'm not affiliated with Honda/Acura in anyway, just trying to summarize what I gathered on that Facebook topic.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Allocation depends on volume. So the manufacturers are always going to allocate more vehicles to the higher volume dealers. One here in town will only get 5 and other one will probably get 20 from now until the end of the year.

chenc544

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Allocation depends on volume. So the manufacturers are always going to allocate more vehicles to the higher volume dealers. One here in town will only get 5 and other one will probably get 20 from now until the end of the year.
What I read was that some OEMs to combat ADM are moving away from volume based allocation. Instead they are slowly giving more allocations to dealers that are selling at MSRP vs higher volume dealers that are doing markups in the same market.