• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ordering Integra Type S

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Because I don’t need to finance the car. I’ll buy it in cash, just like I did my TLX.

I don’t care what the interest rates are, my emergency fund is still fully funded, and I’m not touching any of my investments in the market or my CD’s.
I hate to break it to you, but this car won't even have a CD player most likely, so your collection may be obsolete.

(Again, kidding.)

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
How much is the monthly payment when I write the dealership a check for the difference between the new car and what my trade-in is worth, when the trade-in is also fully paid off?
I know the answer, I'm not going to say it, but I do know what it is.

Khyle785

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra 2023, Toyota MR2 1987
WHAT! No CD player OR moonroof?

Idk, I might not buy one now…
I know I need the moon roof considering asking to special order it with one and if they can’t I’ll just have to get after market one installed. I need it.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I know I need the moon roof considering asking to special order it with one and if they can’t I’ll just have to get after market one installed. I need it.
You might as well start hunting for a shop and an after-market option--Honda/Acura have limited special order items to things any rookie at the dealership service center can install. I doubt you want any of these guys taking a saw/grinder to a new car if they'd agree to do it.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Custom sunroof is a good way to void paint warranty at most places.

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
Special order a moonroof? This isn’t a Rolls Royce.

The is no factory option for a moonroof, because the car is a badge-engineered FL5.

You could try to go aftermarket, but who knows what that does to the structural rigidity of the vehicle, cutting a giant hole in the car. Also, how would you power the electronics to operate the roof? What switches would you use? How would you ensure that here wouldn’t be a leak (because there’s zero chance Acura warranties any issues caused by a water leak after you cut a hole in the roof of the car)?

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
Custom sunroof is a good way to void paint warranty at most places.
Paint, electrical issues due to water ingress, who knows what effect it has to the structural rigidity of the vehicle.

it’s an all-around terrible idea.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Paint, electrical issues due to water ingress, who knows what effect it has to the structural rigidity of the vehicle.

it’s an all-around terrible idea.
100%. I used to enjoy using them at night but now that I’m older, I’m 100% never going to have one again. Just problems waiting to happen. Even brand new luxury vehicles have issues with them sometimes.

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
100%. I used to enjoy using them at night but now that I’m older, I’m 100% never going to have one again. Just problems waiting to happen. Even brand new luxury vehicles have issues with them sometimes.
I don’t really use it all all in my TLX. Granted, I got the TLX back in October, so I haven’t really had a lot of nice weather with the car yet.

On my Civic Si I owned previously, I would open the sunroof and the rear windows in the summer months to hear the exhaust better.

For me, it’s one of those features that if it has it, great, but I wouldn’t cancel my order for the car over it.

Khyle785

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra 2023, Toyota MR2 1987
Awww I really rely on them a lot and my Toyota MR2 does have an aftermarket Moon roof I’m happy with. I guess it is to each their own . Personally though its an important feature 😁

Gyfer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
Little inside scoop on pre-orders... it seems preorders will be done exclusively at Acura.com on May 11th.
$500 deposit and you will select the dealership to send your vehicle and color. Available colors for the pre-order Blue/Black/Tiger/Gray
white/red will not be available for pre order. No information on pricing yet but according to my sources its expected to be 48-50k + 1.5k with dealer options (tint/nitrogen/mats/coating) these will vary state by state.

Only 200 will be available for the entire US for the June 20th+ release, additional batches expected July August October.

Will be posting more info as soon as I have it.

Rdrcr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (Reserved)
Little inside scoop on pre-orders... it seems preorders will be done exclusively at Acura.com on May 11th.
$500 deposit and you will select the dealership to send your vehicle and color. Available colors for the pre-order Blue/Black/Tiger/Gray
white/red will not be available for pre order. No information on pricing yet but according to my sources its expected to be 48-50k + 1.5k with dealer options (tint/nitrogen/mats/coating) these will vary state by state.

Only 200 will be available for the entire US for the June 20th+ release, additional batches expected July August October.

Will be posting more info as soon as I have it.
Good info!

Thank you!

Mike

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I read somewhere that the sunroof was removed because of the added grip and lateral forces caused it to crack.