• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

SuperCyan

First Name
Xavian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec w/ Tech CVT
Does the Integra have Brembo breaks or just in house breaks?
The Type S should have Brembo brakes. The prototype shown months ago had brembo calipers. Would also fit the theme with the other vehicles in the lineup with a Type S

SuperCyan

First Name
Xavian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I was thinking how much safe power I could add to this Integra, does anyone know?
People have been tuning and modifying the 1.5t since they came out in the 10th gen Civics. Definitely reliable with added power as long as they aren't abused. I've had my 10th gen civic tuned since 40k miles and I'm at 84k now with no hiccups. Just doing standard maintenance along the way. Excited to see how the aftermarket will be for this car

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Si
People have been tuning and modifying the 1.5t since they came out in the 10th gen Civics. Definitely reliable with added power as long as they aren't abused. I've had my 10th gen civic tuned since 40k miles and I'm at 84k now with no hiccups. Just doing standard maintenance along the way. Excited to see how the aftermarket will be for this car
Just to add, biggest issue seems to be the clutch on even some lightly modified cars not being able to handle the added torque.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Just to add, biggest issue seems to be the clutch on even some lightly modified cars not being able to handle the added torque.
Was just going to mention this. Seems like tuned Si models had some issues with clutch slipping. Surprisingly, the CVT seems to handle additional torque better than the manual. But with the Si as a template, I'm sure there will be plenty of aftermarket and tuning solutions.

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Si
Was just going to mention this. Seems like tuned Si models had some issues with clutch slipping. Surprisingly, the CVT seems to handle additional torque better than the manual. But with the Si as a template, I'm sure there will be plenty of aftermarket and tuning solutions.
I'd imagine it will be trivial for Ktuner and Hondata to support the Integra as it will likely just be another ECU version of the same 11th gen. Probably short work to just transfer over the Si tunes for the 6MT. Will probably take a bit longer for the CVT since that hasn't been paired w/ the Si version of the engine before. I know it was already confirmed that the 10th gen aftermarket clutches are compatible w/ the 11th gen, so that's great news as well.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
I'd imagine it will be trivial for Ktuner and Hondata to support the Integra as it will likely just be another ECU version of the same 11th gen. Probably short work to just transfer over the Si tunes for the 6MT. Will probably take a bit longer for the CVT since that hasn't been paired w/ the Si version of the engine before. I know it was already confirmed that the 10th gen aftermarket clutches are compatible w/ the 11th gen, so that's great news as well.
I disagree on the tune. Acura changed the engine tune quite a bit vs the Si tune. So I anticipate the dyno curves to look a bit different, even if peak power is the same.

Hondata and Ktuner being reliable companies will do their due diligence and come up with an Integra specific tune. There are some parts that are different, like the exhaust for example, that can change things even slightly. You wouldn’t want to run an Si tune on the Integra. I would HIGHLY discourage that.

Especially on the CVT as you already mentioned. I’ve never tuned anything automatic much less a CVT. So I’m curious what control they have. Will a base map only tune the engine mapping or will it also dig into “fake” shift points etc?

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Si
I disagree on the tune. Acura changed the engine tune quite a bit vs the Si tune. So I anticipate the dyno curves to look a bit different, even if peak power is the same.

Hondata and Ktuner being reliable companies will do their due diligence and come up with an Integra specific tune. There are some parts that are different, like the exhaust for example, that can change things even slightly. You wouldn’t want to run an Si tune on the Integra. I would HIGHLY discourage that.

Especially on the CVT as you already mentioned. I’ve never tuned anything automatic much less a CVT. So I’m curious what control they have. Will a base map only tune the engine mapping or will it also dig into “fake” shift points etc?
Interesting, first I've heard that they turned the L15 specifically for the Integra. Interested to see how it differs.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Interesting, first I've heard that they turned the L15 specifically for the Integra. Interested to see how it differs.
It was said on a couple of reviews so far that it was tuned differently. And if I remember right, some press releases too. Even so, the k20a3 in the ep3 Si had separate Hondata tunes than the k20a3 in the base RSX.

Regarding the clutches. The 10th gen Si aftermarket clutch working on the 11th gen Si doesn’t necessarily mean they will work on the Integra too. Most likely they will. BUT don’t assume. We don’t know what little things might have changed. If they made the clutch disc .001” thicker because it gives a more “premium feel” let’s say, that’s not going to be on a press release. There’s a million little things they could have tweaked that aren’t worth mentioning but could affect aftermarket compatibility.

No one wants to spend $40k on a car and mess it up because they put a 10th gen Si part on their Integra. Or an 11th gen Si tune on their Integra. Don’t assume.

Last edited:

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Even if the factory tunes are slightly different, they could probably still put the same tune for a stage 1 for example on both. Just copy the file and name it Integra. It would save costs for sure. But it’s possible that with some things being different, like the exhaust, that the same Si tune on the Integra isn’t ideal and making slight changes on the Hondata tune just like Acura did with the factory tune is optimal.

I guess my overall point is that they will still test it out stock and make sure it runs well on whatever tune they load. And ultimately have a separately named tune for the Integra regardless if it’s the same or slightly different than the Si. But don’t just drop the tune labeled 11th gen Si on it lol. Because you never know.

Last edited:

SuperCyan

First Name
Xavian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

My 10th gen civic is the CVT and tuned. Can definitely feel the added torque the tune gives over stock. I use TSP Stage 1 which can be used on the manuals as well. Far as I know its the same power and torque but it is slightly limited at lower RPM's for the CVT to avoid damage. Wonder how much more potential headroom there might be for the Integra, hoping slightly more than what can already be done on the 10th/11th gens

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
My 10th gen civic is the CVT and tuned. Can definitely feel the added torque the tune gives over stock. I use TSP Stage 1 which can be used on the manuals as well. Far as I know its the same power and torque but it is slightly limited at lower RPM's for the CVT to avoid damage. Wonder how much more potential headroom there might be for the Integra, hoping slightly more than what can already be done on the 10th/11th gens
Sweet. Did the tune change anything CVT related (“shift points”, etc) or did it just change the engine tune?

Also how do tunes work these days with different drive modes? Is the tune just in normal mode and sport and comfort are the factory versions? Or does it eliminate having different modes and no matter which you’re in it’s all the same tune that overrides them all?

pomegranate

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Mazda 3 Hatch
How long has it lasted? I kept trying to find information about tuning the CVT and I get a mix of it being reliable to some people saying the CVT wasn't made to handle anymore power and that their transmission failed.

SuperCyan

First Name
Xavian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sweet. Did the tune change anything CVT related (“shift points”, etc) or did it just change the engine tune?

Also how do tunes work these days with different drive modes? Is the tune just in normal mode and sport and comfort are the factory versions? Or does it eliminate having different modes and no matter which you’re in it’s all the same tune that overrides them all?
To me doesn't feel like it changed the fake shifts. Could be wrong, but overall you can definitely feel the increase in whp and torque.
Here is the tune description on their website to get a good idea of it and how it would work. Eco with this tune does change things depending on the map

1653369699442.png

SuperCyan

First Name
Xavian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
How long has it lasted? I kept trying to find information about tuning the CVT and I get a mix of it being reliable to some people saying the CVT wasn't made to handle anymore power and that their transmission failed.
Definitely reliable I'd say. Check out the 10th gen civic reliability thread

Had mine done for at least 40k tuned now and no issues. At 83k miles overall. Granted I don't do many 0-60s or really aggressive pulls since it's my daily. As long as you don't abuse it and do the standard maintenance it'll be just fine. I only have a tune and a stage 1 PRL intake (not cold air or short ram, just an upgraded pipe and filter). Think for the Integra I will go for the Cold air intake and a intercooler once they're out to make power delivery even more efficient/keep heat soak down