• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

My Q subscription ? Who's pulled the trigger ?

IntegraSpeed

First Name
Jools
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
So i did the 30 day trial and got to like it. Leaving the home is a bit of a pain, as 1.\ you're reversing so the my Q isn't on the screen, as you pull off the drive, and 2.\ the phone decides whether its still on wifi or cellular and can sometimes differ in times for carplay to connect, and 3.\ the garage door itself waits 10 secs flashing and beeping before closing.. So in all honesty, its just easier, for me to use a mini chamberlain garage remote to close.. HOWEVER on the drive home, when you get to 800ft and only up the road, it automatically pops up on the screen, it sure is nice to just press the button and have the garage door be all open and waiting for you. Especially during those times you're bustin to go to the toilet... not having to wait those extra 5 secs for the garage door to crawl open.

Anyway before i pull the trigger, is there anything i'm missing to make this work on carplay ? or homelink without having to pay the 5yr subscription. it is convenient, especially the knowing your 800ft from home and automatically popping up.

zooka

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S 2022 RDX A-Spec
Why pay for something that I can just do it via the phone app for free?
true , I think its more of a convenience thing, I keep my phone in my pocket, the MyQ app takes about 5-10 sec refresh status, and open. The Meross HomeKit is 1 sec touch on the integra CarPlay screen and for $40 was not a huge cost.

OP
OP
IntegraSpeed

IntegraSpeed

First Name
Jools
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
true , I think its more of a convenience thing, I keep my phone in my pocket, the MyQ app takes about 5-10 sec refresh status, and open. The Meross HomeKit is 1 sec touch on the integra CarPlay screen and for $40 was not a huge cost.

Nice, does this Meross homekit automatically pop up a notification on the screen, regardless of what app you're in, when you get close to home, That's the one thing i like about it.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
I would not recommend paying for the MyQ subscription. There's no reason to pay for this service unless you want to just give them money. A few options: 1) install a Homelink mirror; 2) use the garage door clicker; 3) use the MyQ app; 4) use an automation solution via Siri or one of the others available as @zooka mentioned.

QUIKAG

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2022 CT5-V Blackwing 6M
Wife uses it with her Tesla Model Y. I just use the phone app. It is less convenient, but not a big deal.

I read some dude set-up a short cut or something on his iphone, so he could do a siri command to open race portal or whatever you want to say and it automatically opens the garage. Pretty cool, but I haven't gone through the steps to set up short cuts on the iphone. it's a little complicated.

zooka

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S 2022 RDX A-Spec
Nice, does this Meross homekit automatically pop up a notification on the screen, regardless of what app you're in, when you get close to home, That's the one thing i like about it.
It’s a icon on the Home Screen of CarPlay that you just hit and it opens if closed or closes if open

IMG_0050.jpeg

Compromise

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
I tried the trial, was pretty good. Unfortunately, I had already installed the Accord Autodimming/Homelink mirror prior to the trial, so I didn't need it.

ChromaPop

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai Veloster N; VW GTI's, Mazdaspeed 3, Mini C

vovakovtun

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S
For the first couple of times it might not show up on the actual CapPlay screen. Once you use it a couple of times, the phone learns your habits and shows it there based on location. Mine shows up there about 2 blocks away from the hose.