• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

My Acura Roadside Assistance experience

Azrael357

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech.
So I'm a 1st time Acura owner and today I tried to use the Acura Roadside Assistance and it was by far one of the worst experiences I've ever had.

I called their service at 8:30 A.M. and was told a tow would arrive in about an hour to an hour and a half. I got a text confirming that their estimated arrival would be within 60 minutes. When 10 A.M. rolls around, no one has shown up and so I called again. They told me it would be another hour. 11:30 A.M. rolls by and still no one has shown up. I get a call stating that someone would arrive in 2 hours. By 2 P.M. I'm still stuck and no one had shown up. I call Acura's Roadside Assistance again and they said it will be another hour. At that point I said screw them and just reached out to a local tow office.

Has anyone had a similar experience with Acura's Roadside Assistance? I feel very frustrated about the whole situation.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Not specifically Acura's, but Honda's roadside assistance was much the same the one time I called them when I had a flat. (I was literally parked in a honda dealer lot, but they were closed at the time). After much frustration even getting through, clicking links to file the issue, etc, they told me it would be 3+ hours before anyone showed up. I said screw it and called a cousin to come help me out. It was also January and well below 0 outside at the time, around 8pm at night.

Assuming Honda/Acura use the same roadside assistance. And based off the one interaction I had, I would probably never ever call them again. Better to pay for a AAA subscription.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Acura is paying for the tow or fuel etc. But they are still outsourcing it. I used it once back in the day. Like 2006. Some guy showed up in a Chrysler 300 and a battery jumper. It’s all 3rd party. Acura reaches out to the closest vendor and after that they don’t have much control. It isn’t an Acura roadside truck driving around like AAA has. At least it was included with the car 🤷‍♂️