• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

MAF Sensor screw stripped

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
So i finally got the armaspeed intake and of course, with my rank F-- luck, i ran into a ridiculous problem

After getting the stock intake box out, i went to take the MAF sensor off, and one of the screws is completely stripped. I had no problem getting one screw out, but the 2nd screw wouldn't budge and started stripping immediately under the slightest bit of tension. i tried to be gentle, i tried 4 different heads, but it never budged at all and it immediately started stripping as if it was made of playdough.

i have no idea what to do now. i know i can just use the screws that came with the intake, but i need to get this one out first, and the head is now pretty much un-usable, and i'm not equipped to drill it out or whatever.

so aggravated. now my car is inoperable until i figure this out or put the stock intake back together, which was a huge pain getting out.

20240328_174904.jpg

peeeduh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S, '22 MDX A-Spec
Maybe try drilling the screw head off and only the screw head with a bit that's the same size as the screw head. At least it would separate the MAF sensor from the housing. Give that a try and see if it works

OP
OP
SlippyFist

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
definitely not going to work on a screw so tight that a screwdriver wouldn't budge it- besides i kinda tried it but there isn't enough room in between the outside edge of the head and the sensor housing for the outside plier to fit

Maybe try drilling the screw head off and only the screw head with a bit that's the same size as the screw head. At least it would separate the MAF sensor from the housing. Give that a try and see if it works
well that will leave the shank of the screw down in the threads of the intake box, which would require getting it properly drilled out to remove and it's already pretty small. i don't want to do that if possible

OP
OP
SlippyFist

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
i don't but i will pick one up

i did just get the screw out, so disaster averted.

now if i could only get that fucking maf sensor cable guide thing off
How did you get the screw out?

OP
OP
SlippyFist

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
How did you get the screw out?
i was able to get it out with another bit that i hadn't tried, one of those real fat phillips heads that's flat at the top instead of a point. it originally was too big but the screw head had stripped to the point where it was able to fit and it was able to get just enough grip to start turning it.

Fred 930

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
VW GTI
Use a Dremel tool with a small cut-off disc to cut a horizontal slot in the buggered screw head (so it will fit a conventional flat-blade screwdriver). Once you get the screw out, replace it with a factory part. You probably caused the problem by using a Philips head screwdriver instead of a JIS. You need to use the proper tools. I'm guessing the other one (that you got out) has a partially buggered head, too.

OP
OP
SlippyFist

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
Use a Dremel tool with a small cut-off disc to cut a horizontal slot in the buggered screw head (so it will fit a conventional flat-blade screwdriver). Once you get the screw out, replace it with a factory part. You probably caused the problem by using a Philips head screwdriver instead of a JIS. You need to use the proper tools. I'm guessing the other one (that you got out) has a partially buggered head, too.
i hear ya, but ive never had a problem using a phillips head on a JIS screw, and the other screw is completely fine. it loosened and came out with no problems