• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

crepr12

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS Black on Black
I did they wont give a inch on their crazy adms on a 23 CTR and the freaking year is almost over, same with the yota dealers on a CE rolla...I think I'll be happy with the ITS

Pillak

First Name
Kachi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S
I got mine at MSRP from Piazza Acura of Reading. The sales guy was super straightforward and no nonsense. There was a doc fee, but considering how other dealerships in my area are marking up at least 5K above MSRP, I decided not to fight it. Gave me a decent price on my trade as well.

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
i just bought mine from Radley Acura in Falls Church, they mark theirs up $5K but dropped it to $3K for me. I can confirm that Crown Acura in Richmond does not have a markup (nor do they have any in inventory either lol)

crepr12

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS Black on Black
Yeah Bay Shore Acura in NY sold me mine at MSRP...But detailer (PPF/cermic coating being applied) informed me of a spot filled with touch up Paint (could be a one off, but its a fact)....So...thoroughly check your vehicles prior to departing the dealer..I thought I did...Buttt Noooo

Rdrcr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (Reserved)
Carter Acura in Lynnwood Washington. These guys are supposed to be an MSRP dealership, but I was just given an opportunity to purchase one yesterday. Adding $1000+ markup to the $400 Acura protection package AND forcing you to buy a partial clear bra for nearly $3,000. Mind you, the vehicle isn’t even on the dealer lot yet. Sales guy is trying to compare the vehicle with the NSX. These guys should no longer be flagged as an MSRP dealer in WA. Happy to provide proof to the mods.

I don’t know about you guys, but I’m getting really tired of all of this nonsense.
I passed on my opportunity with Carter Acura in Lynnwood as well. Granted, I passed on the ITS solely due to the forced protection package but, they are not/no-longer an MSRP dealer and this thread should be reflective of that fact.

I’ve personally suspended my search for an ITS and have a lead on a CTR. I’ll most likely be purchasing sometime next year. Throughout all this chaos, the only honest dealer I’ve dealt with has been my Toyota dealer regarding my GR Corolla Circuit Edition order. Sad.

Mike

Rdrcr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (Reserved)
^^^^
Me? Yes, 2024 CTR without ADM. It was almost a done deal but, the dealer has two owners and apparently one of the owners is having second thoughts. So, we'll see. I may have to get my deposit back. I'm patient though. So, I really don't care either way and have no issues walking away from any of these vehicles/dealers. It's just sad that my Toyota dealer has been the best to deal with on a car that's just as rare/desirable.

Mike

haakebecks

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 Accord Sport Manual, 96 Integra GS
I passed on my opportunity with Carter Acura in Lynnwood as well. Granted, I passed on the ITS solely due to the forced protection package but, they are not/no-longer an MSRP dealer and this thread should be reflective of that fact.

I’ve personally suspended my search for an ITS and have a lead on a CTR. I’ll most likely be purchasing sometime next year. Throughout all this chaos, the only honest dealer I’ve dealt with has been my Toyota dealer regarding my GR Corolla Circuit Edition order. Sad.

Mike
It’s completely ridiculous. I’m at the point in life where I can pay cash for any of these vehicles, but I refuse to pay this kind of crazy markup and deal with dealers practicing extortion.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
It’s completely ridiculous. I’m at the point in life where I can pay cash for any of these vehicles, but I refuse to pay this kind of crazy markup and deal with dealers practicing extortion.
Unfortunately it also just so happens that this point in your life aligns with a few exceptional circumstances that allows them to completely get away with it. The pandemic reshuffled the supply chain and EVs have placed cars like this on the extinction list.

You could hold out on principal, waiting around to get lucky- or just bite the bullet. If money truly isn't a concern then what's a few thousand bucks in the grand scheme of things?

I've been in the same position where I refused to pay markup but honestly looking back on the last few months with this car, I would have actually been happy to pay a markup if it meant a few extra months/years with a car like this. I always felt that if I paid a markup I'd feel taken advantage of and it would lessen the ownership experience- I don't think I agree with that perception anymore. Especially because I still genuinely believe you're getting a Porsche-level experience with this car at half the cost.

There's no guarantee things are going to change any time soon, and even if they did, life's too short to be standing on the sidelines.

At the least, go buy something without a markup. The used market is effectively the same as paying a markup these days (saw a 996 Carrera S asking $60k the other day lololool), but I feel like you could find a solid G87, Golf R, 1LE Camaro, etc. for MSRP without trying too hard.

Billy2KFRC

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Integra Type S (soon), 19 ZR1, 23 Tecnica
Picking up a white/black interior from Smithtown Acura in Long Island on Thursday for MSRP. I see on the first page it says ADM, and perhaps they were initially, but they are now selling for sticker. The car does have $3000 of accessories installed (alcantara wheel, door sills, etc.), but I'm not able to comment on if that applies to ordered cars, as I purchased one they already had in the showroom. Regardless, SUPER excited to pick it up Thursday!!!

crepr12

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS Black on Black
Since you are in the area did you check out Bay Shore Acura?...I got mine from their zero add on for MSRP and the doc fees were like $185..full disclosure... detailer did find a area that had touch up paint on it that I missed...

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Picking up a white/black interior from Smithtown Acura in Long Island on Thursday for MSRP. I see on the first page it says ADM, and perhaps they were initially, but they are now selling for sticker. The car does have $3000 of accessories installed (alcantara wheel, door sills, etc.), but I'm not able to comment on if that applies to ordered cars, as I purchased one they already had in the showroom. Regardless, SUPER excited to pick it up Thursday!!!
White with black interior was my first color choice. This is the way. The more I think about it, the more I have changed my tune- these cars are too good to justify passing up the opportunity to own one on principal.

Although in the northeast one of the first things you're going to have to do is figure out a winter tire situation... that may be a good reason that some of these cars could go for MSRP! It only makes sense that demand would slow on a performance car in the winter months.

But really there is no such thing as an honest dealership... they're all in it to make money, the best they can hope for is a customer that will leave them a good google review and come back for service or possibly another car down the line. I'm still an advocate for my local dealer but I hear that my experience may have been unique.

If you're in a position to comfortably afford one and want one now, a markup, extra cost on accessories, "documenation fee", etc. may just be a reality you need to come to terms with. None of these dealers are doing it to make friends.

crepr12

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS Black on Black
Nah...skip the markup and shop around if possible..At MSRP they still making a killing any extra is pure greed..Acura isn't a local company...I know duh...That said... If I could have puchased local at MSRP of course I would have...Just was not my case...

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nah...skip the markup and shop around if possible..At MSRP they still making a killing any extra is pure greed..Acura isn't a local company...I know duh...That said... If I could have puchased local at MSRP of course I would have...Just was not my case...
None of that matters unless you let it. I know you already got your car so this response isn't really targeted at you just the folks still looking in general.

It's pretty obvious at this stage that people are still having a hard time circumventing dealer markup. So there are two choices- put in a bunch of extra work and hope you find something you consider a "deal" for your peace of mind... or skip all that and get one that's available.

Either way it's painful to keep seeing in this thread how frustrated people are. We do have the winter setting in so there is that, some folks are ardently opposed to paying markups and they've waited this long, what's another couple of months?

But I'm seeing this awful trend now where people are getting shitty and braggy when they find MSRP deals (not so much here, but definitely observing this behavior on that awful Facebook group...) which just reminded me what's really going on here, is psychology. End of the day, for those fortunate enough to be in the position to truly be in the market for a car like this, a few thousand dollars is not a life-changing amount of money. In most circumstances it's probably pretty trivial- especially considering another braggy thing is to instantly turn around and do full-car PPF!

It's not really about the money, is it? It's about not feeling taken advantage of. Again- that only bothers you if you let it. If it really annoys you to not feel ripped off more than getting something you want here and now... I don't know if that's a healthy mindset.

crepr12

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS Black on Black
Micro-much....lmmfao......its not braggy to let others know there are MSRP dealers out there..its a fact...PPF for my black daily driver thats parked in the drive way you bet...fyi...its not a full ppf just a track pack...i.e hi impact areas...