• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

spyder

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 IS350, 2019 TT Roadster, 2024 ITS
Hold December right around the corner they will be less markup
I agree. I had a dealer that was previously 5K markup reach out to me to essentially negotiate. Not sure how much they'd be willing to come off of it but this time last month they weren't willing to budge. So here's to hoping for more reasonable prices at more dealers across the board later in the year.

Hakmamba

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000, T4R V8, Prius Prime, Integra Type S
For those in looking for a LCM/Red, I just got word one arrived at Modesto Acura like 10 min ago. Ask for Tony. It is at MSRP w/o + few k Accessories (which you can negotiate). It's first come first serve and, tell them Larry sent ya.

Ministry

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S (DE5), FL5(sold)
Has anyone had any luck getting one at MSRP in the SoCal area ? I've reached out to 3 dealers and they have had a 5-10k markup. 😓
I got close. Paid some markup but it was washed by a crazy trade in offer I'd be a fool to pass on. Picked it up from Bakersfield Acura, took 4-5 days to negotiate (all over the phone) and the only dealer I spoke to in socal that was worth a shit...

Srt//////M3

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 set challenger 2016 f80 m3 2020 outlander
Put a deposit in at acura of Brookfield in WI. They assured me there will be no adm. I will see if that holds true, time will tell.

Srt//////M3

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 set challenger 2016 f80 m3 2020 outlander
For those in looking for a LCM/Red, I just got word one arrived at Modesto Acura like 10 min ago. Ask for Tony. It is at MSRP w/o + few k Accessories (which you can negotiate). It's first come first serve and, tell them Larry sent ya.
What....Larry.......NO ,,,,,, TELL EM... LARGE MARGE SENT YA

B-RapidK20

First Name
Sherm
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GX460, 2022 Cayman GTS, 2022 Corolla hatch
Agent from Modesto Acura just called me for a LCM/Red interior that is available for $57000. If anyone is interested. Msrp plus $6k accessories

DaveDaHB

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Honda S2000, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback
I was one of the people that was able to make the initial "first 200" reservations when Acura launched the ITS back in May. I chose the Tiger Eye Pearl with black interior and Weir Canyon Acura in Anaheim Hills as my dealership. It's due to deliver in mid-October, so they had me come in and try to contract beforehand.

The starting point was 15k markup + 4k in accessories. At the end of it, they were willing to do MSRP + 4k in mandatory accessories - the one concession they were willing to make on accessories though, is that they were willing to swap out any of the standard BS stuff (wheel locks, door edging, floor mats) for anything else on the Integra accessory list, so long as it added up to at least 4k. So if you wanted the bronze wheels and the CF spoiler, for example, it could be a decent offer.

Ultimately I backed out and got my deposit back because I just want the car itself with no strings attached based on principle, so if anyone is looking for a TEP, there'll be one there in a few weeks.

Last edited:

B-RapidK20

First Name
Sherm
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GX460, 2022 Cayman GTS, 2022 Corolla hatch
I was one of the people that was able to make the initial "first 200" reservations when Acura launched the ITS back in May. I chose the Tiger Eye Pearl with black interior and Weir Canyon Acura in Anaheim Hills as my dealership. It's due to deliver in mid-October, so they had me come in and try to contract beforehand.

The starting point was 15k markup + 4k in accessories. At the end of it, they were willing to do MSRP + 4k in mandatory accessories - the one concession they were willing to make on accessories though, is that they were willing to swap out any of the standard BS stuff (wheel locks, door edging, floor mats) for anything else on the Integra accessory list, so long as it added up to at least 4k. So if you wanted the bronze wheels and the CF spoiler, for example, it could be a decent offer.

Ultimately I backed out and got my deposit back because I just want the car itself with no strings attached based on principle, so if anyone is looking for a TEP, there'll be one there in a few weeks.
Wow! That’s unbelievable that even being the first 200 that your dealership is adding a mandatory $4k in accessories. You did the right thing sorry to hear. What’s your next move?

DaveDaHB

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Wow! That’s unbelievable that even being the first 200 that your dealership is adding a mandatory $4k in accessories. You did the right thing sorry to hear. What’s your next move?
Yeah, it was pretty disappointing. I was hoping (and it was probably wishful thinking) that the reservation meant at least I wouldn't have to jump through hoops for it, but on top of that the fact that I had to wait this long, and seeing so many people get their ITS before me by just contacting a dealer made that whole exercise pointless.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do now. I think the CTR and ITS are ideally what I'm looking for, something with a manual, good cargo capacity, decent mpg and that I could daily and still have some fun if I wanted to. People always mention the F87 but I'm not sure if that's for me. Might just end up doing the rational thing and just get an EV 😭

GTO

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 17 BRZ
Yeah, it was pretty disappointing. I was hoping (and it was probably wishful thinking) that the reservation meant at least I wouldn't have to jump through hoops for it, but on top of that the fact that I had to wait this long, and seeing so many people get their ITS before me by just contacting a dealer made that whole exercise pointless.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do now. I think the CTR and ITS are ideally what I'm looking for, something with a manual, good cargo capacity, decent mpg and that I could daily and still have some fun if I wanted to. People always mention the F87 but I'm not sure if that's for me. Might just end up doing the rational thing and just get an EV 😭
I applaud your principles and you're in good company.

Forgive me for butting in but when I see someone whose heart is set on an ITS and starts talking EV, I feel compelled to step in and pull you back from the edge.

My understanding was that the initial 200 online Type S reservations through Acura were strictly MSRP. I think it's worth a shot to call Acura customer service and have them honor that.

Hopefully they can help you out with the current batch of Tiger Eye Pearl and Ebony but at least the next production looks to be this December.

Production Schedule.jpg

If it's any consolation, I went through similar frustrations, stress and disappointment. In the end, I found an honest dealer and took delivery of this fantastic car.

When I drive it, all the BS melts away and when I see it in my garage, I have the satisfaction of knowing I got the car I wanted at a fair deal. Don't give up. Don't let some crap dealer take that from you.

There are good dealers out there but you have to look for them. Believe me, I know.

Best of luck to you!

GTO

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 17 BRZ
People are talking about dealers offering accessories in lieu of markups but the pricing on those accessories can vary greatly. There is typically a very significant markup on accessories so you may be paying $5,000 for accessories that are worth much less.

I put together a quick spreadsheet to compare accessory MSRP prices with wholesale prices from reputable online dealers and installed accessory prices from two dealers in addition to installation times. The information comes from Acura's website and a couple of postings in these forums. All documents are attached to this post for your consideration.

Knowledge is power and the goal of this spreadsheet is to help ITS buyers understand what accessories can be purchased for compared to what dealers are charging so you can make an informed decision about your deal.

For those inclined to install accessories yourselves, here is a nice collection of installation guides.

I hope this helps and best of luck to all!

View attachment Accessory Installation Times.pdf

DealerA.jpg

DealerB.jpg

View attachment ITS Accessories.xlsx

kjechel

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
03 S2000 original owner, 24 ITS ABP/Ebony
People are talking about dealers offering accessories in lieu of markups but the pricing on those accessories can vary greatly. There is typically a very significant markup on accessories so you may be paying $5,000 for accessories that are worth much less.

I put together a quick spreadsheet to compare accessory MSRP prices with wholesale prices from reputable online dealers and installed accessory prices from two dealers in addition to installation times. The information comes from Acura's website and a couple of postings in these forums. All documents are attached to this post for your consideration.

Knowledge is power and the goal of this spreadsheet is to help ITS buyers understand what accessories can be purchased for compared to what dealers are charging so you can make an informed decision about your deal.

For those inclined to install accessories yourselves, here is a nice collection of installation guides.

DealerA.jpg

DealerB.jpg

Thank You! Who are Dealer A and Dealer B?

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS

DealerA.jpg

DealerB.jpg

This is really helpful. Dealer A is a scam artist and should be put on public blast.

$660 for a pet liner that costs $260 MSRP and takes less than 5 minutes to install with no tools. GTFOH.

kjechel

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
03 S2000 original owner, 24 ITS ABP/Ebony
I sent this by PM to GTO last night:

Thanks again for that - very helpful. Being a retired mechanical engineer, I love spreadsheets. So I added columns for labor rate per hour based on (Dealer Installed Price - MSRP) / Installation Time. Dealer A's rates are all over the map, ranging from $181/hr for Splash Guard Set to $1954 for Pet Rear Cabin Liner, not to mention the $172 markup on the Sunshade, for doing what?

Dealer B's installation labor rate is a consistent $195/hr for almost everything with the notable exception of roof mounted items (Kayak attachment, roof boxes & basket, $766 to $1720/hr) and really low for Splash Guards (only $67/hr).

So it seems Dealer B has some logic behind their installed prices and Dealer A is just gouging. Dealer B's pricing is a very useful benchmark.

BTW, there must be an error in cell E38 (maybe $400?). I also suspect the installation time for the Splash Guards is wrong and should be just 0.5 hours (makes Dealer B's rate = $195/hr and raises Dealer A's to $525/hr). Otherwise everything else looks consistent with what I've found from my own research. Kudos to you!

And he replied:

Hello, you're quite welcome and thank you looking so closely at the spreadsheet!

I agree that E48 must be an error but I transposed the numbers as they appeared on the dealer sheets.

You immediately picked up on the random price gouging from Dealer A and precisely the ridiculous $252 sunshade:) This is what prompted me to make this sheet in the first place.

My local dealer (A) was insisting on a $5,000 markup which I refused on principle but I was trying to bridge the gap with a list of accessories I wanted. I walked in with MSRP prices then they presented their "installed" accessory price list which were 400% higher so I took my business elsewhere.

My quest for an ITS had a happy ending so I figured having all this information in a spreadsheet might help others. By all means, please feel free to share your enhanced spreadsheet and insight on the thread!

Thanks!

DaveDaHB

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I applaud your principles and you're in good company.

Forgive me for butting in but when I see someone whose heart is set on an ITS and starts talking EV, I feel compelled to step in and pull you back from the edge.

My understanding was that the initial 200 online Type S reservations through Acura were strictly MSRP. I think it's worth a shot to call Acura customer service and have them honor that.

Hopefully they can help you out with the current batch of Tiger Eye Pearl and Ebony but at least the next production looks to be this December.

Production Schedule.jpg

If it's any consolation, I went through similar frustrations, stress and disappointment. In the end, I found an honest dealer and took delivery of this fantastic car.

When I drive it, all the BS melts away and when I see it in my garage, I have the satisfaction of knowing I got the car I wanted at a fair deal. Don't give up. Don't let some crap dealer take that from you.

There are good dealers out there but you have to look for them. Believe me, I know.

Best of luck to you!

Thanks for the encouraging words and I'm glad you were able to get yours at a fair price. I'd like to keep trying, but based on the compiled list in the original post every single SoCal dealer is basically on the 💩 list, but I suppose looking out of state and breaking the car in on a road trip back could be a fun idea.

I didn't want to rant about this but while making small talk with the sales guy he mentioned how the owner of the dealership owned a current NSX in addition to his other exotics, and how the sales manager daily drives his 2LT Corvette. It just felt like a slap in the face to mention these things in the same breath as justifying market adjustment markups and mandatory accessories. Before I walked out they joked about how everyone here would have amnesia about me ever coming in. They just don't care.