• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
Come on, this isn't really an option. No one would ever do this. Plus I've heard numerous times that the wing is functional.

I just can't reconcile someone struggling with their self-awareness so much that they buy the car (probably at a markup) and then delete the wing. Sorry but this one doesn't hold water for me.
There were FK8 owners that deleted their wings.

The low wing on the current Sport Touring hatchbacks also look better IMO than the giant wing on the FL5.

You and others keep saying "it's a dressed up Civic". But that's all Acura (and the Integra specifically) have ever been about!
While that was the case for many years, the current TLX and RDX are on their own dedicated platforms, and the MDX, while it shares its platform with the all-new Pilot, was the debut vehicle for the platform.

The Integra is the only car Acura’s current line up to be a badge-engineered version of the Honda product.

Rdrcr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (Reserved)
I just can't reconcile someone struggling with their self-awareness so much that they buy the car (probably at a markup) and then delete the wing. Sorry but this one doesn't hold water for me.
I don’t think I was struggling with self awareness, however, the ridiculous OEM ‘shopping cart’ spoiler on my new 2005 WRX STi was quickly removed when I got home from the dealership. The entire rear deck lid/spoiler was replaced shortly thereafter with with a custom aluminum deck lid with an integrated spoiler I had built. The new deck lid with integrated spoiler got some attention at several of the track events I attended, specifically from some of the guys at Cosworth. I met up with them a few times to kick tires, talk cars, racing and modifications. Ironically, a couple years later, Subaru introduced the 2007 WRX STi Limited with, guess what? A low profile deck lid spoiler! Very similar to my custom deck lid…hmmm

Mike

Speedyx

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TLX
Well, you are right, but I wouldn't give up on the car, unless you are ready to move on, you can wait them out of others do what you did eventually in 3 to 4 months with these cars sitting, dealers will have to rethink their policy.
I'll probably revist this car next spring and see where dealership pricing is at

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2008 S2000, 2013 Civic Si Sedan
Rallye Acura in NY just called me saying they are increasing their 15k ADM to 20k ADM......lol. They said "good luck if you find one for MSRP because we seriously doubt that" 🤣🤣🤣.

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
I had a debate with my wife a few weeks ago (de facto neutral party, not a car lover or driver of manuals) and thought I'd make a strong argument for a CTR (assuming I could get one at/near MSRP and save money over the ITS should the ITS extinguish some of the CTR hype):

Wife: "You're not getting a Civic. That's a 'college kid car'. You had a Civic in college."
Me: "Well it's not a Civic-Civic, it's a Type-R.... it's basically the best thing Honda makes."
Wife: "Does it say Civic?"
Me: "Well yeah..."
Wife: "Then it's a Civic. No."

So despite the toned-down styling from FK8 to FL5 (to each his own), the nameplate can make an impact that trumps the price. Happened to me.
LOL My wife says, get whatever makes you happy, it's your money, you worked hard and saved your money, go for it.
when your married 36 years I guess you chose your battles more carefully.

Hicks2seven

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Tacoma, 2021 CTR
LOL My wife says, get whatever makes you happy, it's your money, you worked hard and saved your money, go for it.
when your married 36 years I guess you chose your battles more carefully.
My wife said similar to me - but she made it known that she hated the giant wing on the FL5. That definitely came into play when I decided the ITS was my preferred option (but ADM was the biggest factor).

RPhilMan1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Ford Focus ST
Tried to preorder and could never get through, so I ended up getting on the waitlist after a couple of hours. I chose my local dealer in the Chicagoland area - Woodfield Acura in Hoffman Estates, IL. They got my waitlist information and promptly emailed me.

I finally spoke to a salesman on the phone today (was busy the previous days to connect) and he informed me they will not be offering at MSRP and there will be an ADM of $5k-$10k that the "managers" are hashing out.

I gave him my honest opinion on the manner and told him I am not interested in paying over sticker, especially with the price already being on the high end for this car.

Add this dealer to the list for having an ADM.

I will not be doing business with them unless they are willing to offer it to me at MSRP. He told me to keep them "in mind" the next few months. Of course he cited the CTR and how people are paying way over sticker. I told them they are nuts to be so financially irresponsible. I will find a car eventually and I am not playing that game.

Oh, and he also said, because I expressed that I am only interested in a manual transmission, that if I were willing to part with that, they have a few TLX Type S they could offer me at sticker. I said thanks but no thanks.

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
Tried to preorder and could never get through, so I ended up getting on the waitlist after a couple of hours. I chose my local dealer in the Chicagoland area - Woodfield Acura in Hoffman Estates, IL. They got my waitlist information and promptly emailed me.

I finally spoke to a salesman on the phone today (was busy the previous days to connect) and he informed me they will not be offering at MSRP and there will be an ADM of $5k-$10k that the "managers" are hashing out.

I gave him my honest opinion on the manner and told him I am not interested in paying over sticker, especially with the price already being on the high end for this car.

Add this dealer to the list for having an ADM.

I will not be doing business with them unless they are willing to offer it to me at MSRP. He told me to keep them "in mind" the next few months. Of course he cited the CTR and how people are paying way over sticker. I told them they are nuts to be so financially irresponsible. I will find a car eventually and I am not playing that game.

Oh, and he also said, because I expressed that I am only interested in a manual transmission, that if I were willing to part with that, they have a few TLX Type S they could offer me at sticker. I said thanks but no thanks.
Good man,
If more people would stand tall these dealers wouldn't be able to get away with these market adjustments.
Nice work,
Matt

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Whoowee, can't wait to find out who's going back on their word now:

IMG_0749.png

IMG_0750.png

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango

Speedyx

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TLX
Whoowee, can't wait to find out who's going back on their word now:

IMG_0749.png

IMG_0750.png
Seems like its starting to happen to more people, dealers saying it will be msrp then try to do a markup. Can i afford 57k, sure but I'm not an idiot and I am not just going to throw away my money because dealers are greedy.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Seems like its starting to happen to more people, dealers saying it will be msrp then try to do a markup. Can i afford 57k, sure but I'm not an idiot and I am not just going to throw away my money because dealers are greedy.
100%.