• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
Eventually we will get to the point of 0 ADM on these across the board and maybe you'll find a few dealers willing to drop below MSRP at the end of the month to move a unit. More so if they really start to pile up. I honestly don't see that happening, all these people wanting FL5's are going to flock to the ITS since its less expensive than a FL5 + ADM. Especially if it comes within a stones throw of the FL5 on the track.
But will those looking for an FL5 flock to the DE5? Maybe.

However, the ITS doesn't have the panache that the CTR does. It doesn't have the history, it doesn't have the lap record credentials, it doesn't have the features like the highly bolstered seats and unique digital gauges & displays.

I'm sure there'll be some people that switch and end up in a DE5, but those that want the FL5 for what it is, will hold out for one. I'll also be curious to see if the DE5 eases the ADM on FL5's. I think dealers have sold all the FL5's they can with a $15k ADM on them, and now that the media blitz hype is wearing off, we're seeing the high ADM cars sit on dealer lots. Maybe those dealers lower or drop the ADM on the FL5's so that they actually sell, and those people end up not switching over to a DE5.

I think the initial 200 cars will sell out, and likely the other cars delivered through the rest of this year for those that have existing reservations. But as we get in to next year, I'll be curious to see how the supply of ITS' shakes out relative to demand, especially if shit goes sideways with the economy.

Gregg

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 TEP Teg Type S '87 & '88 CRX Si, '96 Civic EX
Hendrick Acura in Charlotte has assured me that there's no ADM and no forced options (at least for the TEP I managed to reserve online today).

https://www.hendrickacura.com/

Khyle785

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra 2023, Toyota MR2 1987

However, the ITS doesn't have the panache that the CTR does. It doesn't have the history, it doesn't have the lap record credentials, it doesn't have the features like the highly bolstered seats and unique digital gauges & displays.

I'm sure there'll be some people that switch and end up in a DE5, but those that want the FL5 for what it is, will hold out for one. I'll also be curious to see if the DE5 eases the ADM on FL5's. I think dealers have sold all the FL5's they can with a $15k ADM on them, and now that the media blitz hype is wearing off, we're seeing the high ADM cars sit on dealer lots. Maybe those dealers lower or drop the ADM on the FL5's so that they actually sell, and those people end up not switching over to a DE5.

I think the initial 200 cars will sell out, and likely the other cars delivered through the rest of this year for those that have existing reservations. But as we get in to next year, I'll be curious to see how the supply of ITS' shakes out relative to demand, especially if shit goes sideways with the economy.
I really hope they continue to produce them and add features this first run was missing and price drop too

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
I really hope they continue to produce them and add features this first run was missing and price drop too
MSRP won't go down.

If the economy takes a dump and dealers have trouble moving them, you may see some incentives on them, but there won't be a reduction in MSRP.

Hicks2seven

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Tacoma, 2021 CTR
*Hall Acura in Virginia Beach, VA is $5K ADM
*Priority Acura Chesapeake, VA - $10K ADM

Not paying that, so my search in southern VA continues.

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
That's just appalling. I hope these dealers FAIL to sell ANY of their Type S allocations.

Mike
That will be up to us, If anyone pays these mark ups they belong on the wall of shame, If we all say hell no to this treatment, and these cars sit, guess what? dealers will have to lower their prices, drop the add ons and mark ups and everyone gets a car, lets not give in to hype, this is a car that none of us NEED to have, so just be patient.

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
ugh miscommunication at my dealer… apparently the sales guy I was in communication with thought I was on list for the three they are getting in June…. Turns out he meant I’m on pre order list for the next batch and I can declare my preferred colour. I just want the car asap 😓
patience, no rush, this is how we all win, dont rush it.

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
I'm baffled all the people paying 5k over for the Type R and is happy about it. Its like people were brainwashed in to thinking they're getting a great deal. I remember back in the days where Supras, Type R's, and Evo's were sitting in the show rooms with huge discounts.
This is why I gave up on the FL5, I am not paying over 44k for a Civic.
Ill try to buy an Integra Type S, it really is the car I want, BUT not going to pay over sticker other than a few add ons I want anyway, ie all weather floor mats, heated steering wheel, etc.. things I would have ordered anyway.

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
Do y'all think paying 5k ADM for the ITS is a silly idea, I have a dealer that says they have 4 cars coming in for sure and are asking 5k ADM no dealer packages or other dealer fees.
Yeah, I would NOIT pay 5k over a car that is already 5k to much, it;'s just not worth it and given the times, banking etc.. it would be a hard sell for financing.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
patience, no rush, this is how we all win, dont rush it.
I fully agree with the sentiment here, and agree the markups would disappear if people would wait... but dealerships are well aware that people tend to lose connection with logic and reality when they're on the sales floor. Not everyone, of course, but it's a thing.

Take a car with a $10k or $15k markup, sit someone down to look at extended payment options, even "let them" negotiate the giant markup down to a $3k markup... they feel like they've just gotten 70%+ off the car and "won". The guys at CarEdge (used to be something else) have a few videos going into dealership sales tactics and how apt people are to fall for them.

I'd love to be proven wrong, but I think people are going to eat markups on this car--maybe/probably not $15k-CTR-markups, but I think it'll happen. Not saying it's good, or right, or that I want it to happen, but I think it will.

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
I fully agree with the sentiment here, and agree the markups would disappear if people would wait... but dealerships are well aware that people tend to lose connection with logic and reality when they're on the sales floor. Not everyone, of course, but it's a thing.

Take a car with a $10k or $15k markup, sit someone down to look at extended payment options, even "let them" negotiate the giant markup down to a $3k markup... they feel like they've just gotten 70%+ off the car and "won". The guys at CarEdge (used to be something else) have a few videos going into dealership sales tactics and how apt people are to fall for them.

I'd love to be proven wrong, but I think people are going to eat markups on this car--maybe/probably not $15k-CTR-markups, but I think it'll happen. Not saying it's good, or right, or that I want it to happen, but I think it will.
You are 100% correct, and sadly this is always the problem, people need to stand up and just say no, I will wait, how long can you a dealer afford to have this car sit on your lot un-sold? Ill be back when your ready to make an actual deal and walk out, period.
If people don't have the patience, then they can literally ruin the market for this car for everyone else with their nonsense, just be patient.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
You are 100% correct, and sadly this is always the problem, people need to stand up and just say no, I will wait, how long can you a dealer afford to have this car sit on your lot un-sold? Ill be back when your ready to make an actual deal and walk out, period.
If people don't have the patience, then they can literally ruin the market for this car for everyone else with their nonsense, just be patient.
Hey I'm with ya--I think there are a lot of people around here that think they want this car and are willing to walk away... are there more people out there (general public) who feel they need this car and will buy at a mark-up fearing they'll miss their chance? TBD.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS

It doesn't have the silly wing either. Which, say what you want about how "mature" the styling is, it's only mature relative to its predecessor and is still a detractor when a car is even sitting at $44k and 40-somethings are considering it.

That and it says Civic on the back. No matter how good the car is, this is a factor in the larger meta of who is capable of buying this car. The Acura badge and styling will make an impact just by itself. Personally, the styling has grown on me already to the point where I actively want an ITS more than a CTR, could care less if it costs less factoring in ADM. To me, it's the more desirable car. I can't be alone on this.

Also, no one can predict what will happen if the economy shits itself. I wouldn't bet on either side of it right now.

This is it, right here. Some folks I'm sure did get roped into paying $15k (or more...) over for their CTRs, but chances are if pressed even lightly, the sales guy will go talk to their manager and knock the ADM down a couple grand and generate an artificial sense of "getting a deal". It's basic sales psychology.

Case in point- the used market is another indicator, and a quick search on autotrader shows that $55k is pretty much the floor for CTR asking prices nationwide. But there's one car in Jersey right now asking $53k. What a steal, right?

That's a grand over the MSRP that very vocal people on this board think is "suicide" for the ITS. But I guarantee there's someone out there scrambling to try to grab this car right now because they think it will go quickly. And it probably will...

It's all relative and I think I'm going to take a long walk while this all gets worked out.

There's just too much of a "hype tax" on a car when it first launches, and it's been amplified post-covid. I have the luxury of shifting my timeline indefinitely, and I think I'll do just that until there's much more data avaialable.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
That and it says Civic on the back. No matter how good the car is, this is a factor in the larger meta of who is capable of buying this car. The Acura badge and styling will make an impact just by itself. Personally, the styling has grown on me already to the point where I actively want an ITS more than a CTR, could care less if it costs less factoring in ADM. To me, it's the more desirable car. I can't be alone on this.
I had a debate with my wife a few weeks ago (de facto neutral party, not a car lover or driver of manuals) and thought I'd make a strong argument for a CTR (assuming I could get one at/near MSRP and save money over the ITS should the ITS extinguish some of the CTR hype):

Wife: "You're not getting a Civic. That's a 'college kid car'. You had a Civic in college."
Me: "Well it's not a Civic-Civic, it's a Type-R.... it's basically the best thing Honda makes."
Wife: "Does it say Civic?"
Me: "Well yeah..."
Wife: "Then it's a Civic. No."

So despite the toned-down styling from FK8 to FL5 (to each his own), the nameplate can make an impact that trumps the price. Happened to me.

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
It doesn't have the silly wing either. Which, say what you want about how "mature" the styling is, it's only mature relative to its predecessor and is still a detractor when a car is even sitting at $44k and 40-somethings are considering it.
I agree about the wing. I think the ITS looks better, but you could always delete the wing from the CTR if you wanted, and just put it in storage for if/when you sell the car.

That and it says Civic on the back. No matter how good the car is, this is a factor in the larger meta of who is capable of buying this car.
If there was ever a comment that sounds like it comes from a Porsche owner, this is it. Maybe it's an issue for those people that care about being brand snobs, and would be embarrassed by admitting in public that they own a Honda Civic?

At the end of the day, the ITS is just a more expensive Civic. The interior materials and build quality are identical between them.

Also, no one can predict what will happen if the economy shits itself. I wouldn't bet on either side of it right now.
Nope, and with a presidential election coming next year, it adds an extra layer of uncertainty. So in the meantime I'll just keep saving, see how everything shakes out, and wait for the initial hype to go away and let all the people wiling to climb over each other and pay ADM's have at it. The Type S isn't a limited edition car, so it'll be made for model years to come.