• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Jack points and stands. for us Po' people

Kvtran21

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
The front floor jack point is so far back that it’s pretty difficult to get to even with a low profile jack. If the car is lowered, then even harder.

I came across this exact scenario that OP is addressing for the Po people when I was planning to install my front pipe and RMM and found out I wasn’t going to be able to get to that front floor jack point.

1712290486964-n9.png

bvanlieu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 White ITS, 2015 Cayman GTS
Was considering these as well but I was worried they'd be a hassle for simple maintenance items like oil changes etc. Your experience seems to be that.
~20 years using only jack stands on cars (including large stands where do the double jack stand trick for the bigger jobs).

Without question, the quickjack I got a while back is worth the few minutes to setup if you have some room in your garage. I just keep them on the side of a wall on the ground. If you actually time the setup (I also have race ramps from before, they don't get used much) its not any different TBH.

I got the long adapters a month ago so I could get the ITS up, annoying as iI just needed a few inches, but safety first. So far I have only used it to put the car up for detailing and pull all 4 wheels off to ceramic them. I'll do an oil change at 5K or so mid-cycle. Not running oil 10K in this application.

If you are only doing oil changes, race ramps an a rear jack is fine and less expensive, I get that. I also swap wheels, brake fluid, other fluids and the extra few inches of room with the quickjacks are felt in space to work under the creeper, arm extension and such.

And that's just it: its an investment. If you do some maintenance jobs, it pays for itself in a few jobs. If you don't, takes a lot longer to pay for itself just with oil changes :D

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
Without question, the quickjack I got a while back is worth the few minutes to setup if you have some room in your garage. I just keep them on the side of a wall on the ground. If you actually time the setup (I also have race ramps from before, they don't get used much) its not any different TBH.
Wait, are you saying it takes the same amount of time to set up the quickjack as it does driving up raceramps?

bvanlieu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
if you are changing oil with front ramps you also are jacking the rear end up to level the car. You may also want to use some side Jack stands for safety. this takes time. it’s a few minutes. Which is how long the quickjacks take.

That’s all.

but hey what do I know. I just have both products and can give an informed opinion. I must be a liar because I can’t possibly know WTF I am talking about. 😀

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
if you are changing oil with front ramps you also are jacking the rear end up to level the car. You may also want to use some side Jack stands for safety. this takes time. it’s a few minutes. Which is how long the quickjacks take.

That’s all.

but hey what do I know. I just have both products and can give an informed opinion. I must be a liar because I can’t possibly know WTF I am talking about. 😀
I just use ramps to lift the front and change oil. I then roll down to check level and top off. I have never leveled for an oil change.

SilverRocket

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS
yeah im not trying to be that guy, but he's fucking lying if he's saying that
There are two stages for QJ setup. There's pulling it out of storage and then there's sliding them underneath the car/aligning them.

The first step is highly variable. Some people store theirs fully connected, some even keep it under where the car is parked which means they only need to slide it into place. Meanwhile others like myself hang it disconnected on the wall and it takes maybe 15 minutes to take them out. In the latter case yes, it's totally BS to claim it's fast.

As for placing them, it's a bit of a learning curve, I remember the first time took me forever. Every time I moved one side it messed up the other pinch weld alignment. After a few uses I've gotten much better and I can say it takes me max 5 minutes to have a car up in the air from when I've reassemble it.

Playing devil's advocate, driving up 2 ramps and then jacking the back side level and placing jack stands for safety, I'd argue is about 5 minutes too, but just the driving part, no duh it's faster but that's also comparing apples and oranges.

There's a time and a place for every tool and in a perfect world you'd have both depending on the job.

bvanlieu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I never stated it was as fast or faster then driving up a pair of ramps full stop. My own experiences comparing both methods in my garage, its not much of difference. You spend 5min pooping, what's the big deal to setup a *better* more comfortable system, if that is what you are trying to figure out :)

Race ramps aren't $50 either...I left alone the title of the thread, being 'po' in a 55K car. Wait, what the actual fsck?

If you are only changing your oil, you can pay a professional for 50-60K worth of oil changes for the price of race ramps, never skin a knuckle, sit in a lounge and spend more time raging on the interwebs. And time is the value. No oil recycling. No latex gloves. no dammit that was my good shirt how did I get oil on it.

However, if you are doing serious work on the car and need to start from scratch, add up the cost of good LP floor jack ($99 harbor freight is not good, DK, Lincoln you get it), race ramps, jack stands. Now look at a QJ system cost. There's the delta.

Now what are you saving not paying a mechanic for those jobs? That is your ROI.

Its not about the cost now (which is emotional), its the total cost over time if you want to really think about it....but then again this is the internet where thinking is at a premium...

All in good fun, no snowflake here but I would suggest @SlippyFist to change the profile pic to PC Principal, better fit :D

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
Didn’t mean to rile a hornet’s nest but I was dubious and wanted to confirm I didn’t misconstrue.

It’s funny because I’ve leveled out my cars doing oil changes before but those times, the plug was on the side. A handful have said it’s in the back so they just leave the nose up. If that was the case I think I’ll do the same.

I definitely don’t miss having to jack up a car to do oil changes though - I’ve had a truck the last 5 years so I just crawl underneath when I need to change the oil.

Paul911

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Porsche 911, Kia Teluride.
For jack stands, I have a pair of Escos with the rubber pad on top and tripod base. These work very well. They don't damage the underside of your car and actually give you other placement points where the typical u saddle ones won't work. HF has a knock off that are dent also.