Sponsored


ITS Front license plate relocation

Biker-Morty

New Member
First Name
Brad
Joined
Mar 7, 2024
Threads
0
Messages
2
Reaction score
4
Location
Virginia
Car(s)
24 Integra Type S
Decided to design and build my own no-drill solution. Seems to be holding up pretty good, and doesn’t block any appreciable airflow.
Acura Integra ITS Front license plate relocation IMG_3164


Acura Integra ITS Front license plate relocation IMG_3163
Sponsored

 

Biker-Morty

New Member
First Name
Brad
Joined
Mar 7, 2024
Threads
0
Messages
2
Reaction score
4
Location
Virginia
Car(s)
24 Integra Type S
looks good, how is it mounted since it's not drilled?
There is a solid aluminum mounting surface above the stock intercooler I’m using. I have a J-hook style connector that wraps around the aluminum with hex head screws to prevent forward or backward movement. I have some thin rubber to prevent metal-to-metal friction. Pictures show more detail.
Acura Integra ITS Front license plate relocation IMG_3167
Acura Integra ITS Front license plate relocation IMG_3138
 

de5 girl

Member
First Name
Jennifer
Joined
Jul 3, 2025
Threads
1
Messages
7
Reaction score
18
Location
Fort Worth
Car(s)
2025 Integra Type S, 2023 MDX Type S
I”ve been looking for other mounting option, since I’m still waiting for my ITS. The Carbonio mount seems good. Anyone try it yet?
https://carbonio.com/products/acura-integra-type-s-no-drill-front-license-plate-mount
My carbonio mount just arrived today so I mounted it and will try it out, but my first impressions are: this thing is SPRINGY. It might be that the front vent bar it’s mounted to isn’t totally solid, but also might be the design. I can’t imagine it not bouncing up against the front of the car with all that air pushing against it while driving!

It comes with adhesive bumper sticker things so they know it’s springy. I ran out of light so no pull back picture yet. I’ll post one later but it doesn’t look like anything special from afar.

Note: I have my plate in a black silicone wrap-around frame that isn’t part of the carbonio bracket.

(I wish Texas didn’t have a front plate requirement, but I’ve already been pulled over in our MDX because I didn’t have the front plate on at first, so I know they will pull you over for it sometimes, though not often it seems. Thankfully I had the plate, the temporary plate, and the bracket in the front seat and the officer a gave me a warning but still!)

Acura Integra ITS Front license plate relocation IMG_3948

Acura Integra ITS Front license plate relocation IMG_3951
Acura Integra ITS Front license plate relocation IMG_3949




Edited to add: After watching the instructional video, I’ll adjust it much closer to the body of the car, so it isn’t so springy. I may need more rubber bumpers…
 
Last edited:

Victorofhavoc

Senior Member
First Name
Gordan
Joined
Jul 9, 2024
Threads
12
Messages
1,870
Reaction score
1,310
Location
Kansas City
Car(s)
Integra type s
My carbonio mount just arrived today so I mounted it and will try it out, but my first impressions are: this thing is SPRINGY. It might be that the front vent bar it’s mounted to isn’t totally solid, but also might be the design. I can’t imagine it not bouncing up against the front of the car with all that air pushing against it while driving!

It comes with adhesive bumper sticker things so they know it’s springy. I ran out of light so no pull back picture yet. I’ll post one later but it doesn’t look like anything special from afar.

Note: I have my plate in a black silicone wrap-around frame that isn’t part of the carbonio bracket.

(I wish Texas didn’t have a front plate requirement, but I’ve already been pulled over in our MDX because I didn’t have the front plate on at first, so I know they will pull you over for it sometimes, though not often it seems. Thankfully I had the plate, the temporary plate, and the bracket in the front seat and the officer a gave me a warning but still!)

IMG_3948.jpeg

IMG_3951.jpeg
IMG_3949.jpeg


Edited to add: After watching the instructional video, I’ll adjust it much closer to the body of the car, so it isn’t so springy. I may need more rubber bumpers…
You could also easily cut some abs plastic, and mount it to the mount screw and then higher on the upright area. That might give enough rigidity so it's not flapping.

Other downside to front plate states... If you move to a state that doesn't have them or buy a car from one that does, then often you just have holes to fix ?. I'm in KS with no front plate, but frequently buy cars from Missouri. Any new car I have to be adamant to the dealers, "do not put plate or temp tags on without me present" and that often works.
 

Sponsored

hkg4lyfe

New Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Ottawa, Canada
Car(s)
2026 ITS
I have not tried it. Was thinking it blocks more of the intercooler than I'd like and also blocks brake duct. That being said, I'm thinking if it's something easy to remove and then setup again, I'd consider doing it and removing if I ever go to the track. Shouldn't need that much cooling otherwise.

I've been running mine with license plate in the middle without screws, using electrical tape to pad all contact points and zip ties to secure. Zip ties have heat shrink tube at contact points to avoid rubbing.

PXL_20230710_172518869.jpg

PXL_20230710_172515077.webp
Now that it's been a while. Has there been any scratching of any sorts or does the electrical tape hold up?
 

06S2k07Si

Senior Member
First Name
Brian
Joined
Feb 13, 2018
Threads
0
Messages
218
Reaction score
1
Location
Wisconsin
Car(s)
2026 Integra Type S 2006 S2000 2023 Acura RDX 2013 CB1000R 2023 Civic Type R
Just ordered this...
https://kollektivwerks.com/collecti...-drill-center-mount-license-plate-holder-copy

We'll see what it's like when it arrives. It was $158 total shipped.

10/4/26 update... I like it very much. I used it pretty much as it came but I added some foam on the back side where it's sandwiches together around the center part of the grill to make sure that there was no slop or play whatsoever. I also added some rubber weather strip on the back side of the license plate exactly where it meets to the aluminum black anodized frame simply so there was some vibration protection. It's probably fine without that but I tend to be a little on the overkill side. I also decided not to use a license plate backing plate to add stiffness because the only thing it would help with was the very sides and so I didn't want the added plate because of that so we'll see how things go. I used my own APR Performance fasteners because I like how they look and I cut them down to length so they'd fit properly threaded into the inserts provided. I also added some serrated flanged stainless steel nuts to the backside just for added security. The company also provides 100% stainless steel hardware with this bracket.

If I had any feedback for the company as far as making any changes to it I would probably reduce how much it sticks out from the bumper by approximately 1/4 of an inch to reduce the gap between the bumper and the back of the bracket. I'm sure that at speed the mount will compress and move and flex the grille back slightly decreasing this distance a bit but when I would push it straight back with my hand to where a quarter inch was remaining it was quite a high amount of pressure and I don't know that the bumper would ever see that much compression at speed enough to touch the plate bracket to the bumper. If somebody wanted to modify this and remove one quarter inch from the face of this it looks to be very easily done by simply cutting off of the front face of the mounting block.

Acura Integra ITS Front license plate relocation 20261004_180153


Acura Integra ITS Front license plate relocation 20261004_180144


Acura Integra ITS Front license plate relocation 20261004_180204


Acura Integra ITS Front license plate relocation 20261004_180219


Acura Integra ITS Front license plate relocation 20261004_180228


Acura Integra ITS Front license plate relocation 20261004_180302


Acura Integra ITS Front license plate relocation 20261004_180214
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: GTO
 





Top