• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

ITS Downforce Figures?

creaturemachine

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
I think you missed some important points by just reading the conclusions and not looking at the data in the table. Comparing the top two rows (Dirty Floor Only vs. Dirty Floor + Diffuser), note that drag was decreased by over 9% (259.5/285.7)
Right, so if you want some of those gains you need a huge diffuser (look at that thing and then look at yours,) somehow delete your exhaust, then find some corners worth taking at 200km/h. I have no doubt the rear is doing things to make the car stable just like it is with any road-going car, just not race car levels of aero people are imagining here. The windshield is probably doing more work.

Gansan

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1999 NSX, 2024 Civic Type R
Going back to the original subject, just my opinion, but I would guess the Integra's goal was high speed stability and not substantial downforce. The rear diffusers, which look so good, don't have much surface area. They don't even try to do anything to clean up the flow over the mufflers. I would guess they mainly serve to handle the turbulent airflow coming out of the wheel wells.