• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Is an Acura ILX really competition?

JohnV

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'13 Ford C-Max Energi '19 Acura RDX
We all know the Integra replaced the ILX in the Acura lineup, and it is a reasonable successor, being based on the latest Honda platform. But much of the excitement for the Integra revolves around dumping the boring three letter name, and resurrecting the incredibly popular Integra name, and all the expectations it brings.
This week, I drove a 2022 ILX as a loaner while my dealer was installing accessories. (Pics coming soon) This is my analysis between them, understanding that almost nobody here is deciding whether they should buy a new 2022 ILX, or a new 2023 Integra. But some folks may be deciding whether they want to trade their existing ILX for the Integra or something else.
I liked the ILX. I had a Red A-Spec with black interior and it was sharp. The upholstery looked great. The sound system was good. The 2.4 had a nice sound on the few times I wound it up. I liked the smooth shifting action of the DCT.
But...the interior was bland. Lots of matte black plastic. The car was a bit smaller than the Integra. The seats were comfortable with slightly more aggressive side bolsters.
And...the drivetrain was unsatisfying. The DCT kept revs between 1500-1900 for fuel economy (the gauge red 27 mpg vs my Integra reading 32) and it felt like there was a lag when I stepped on the gas. Maybe it was hesitant to downshift. The car felt much slower than the Integra. But again, I certainly didn't wring it out.
Handling was just fine, it's a good small car. But I noticed a big change when I got my car back.
Subjectively, the Integra is a massively better choice for me than the ILX. Respect to current ILX owners, I'll bet there are many things you can do to make it more fun and engaging. Things that I personally wouldn't do with a loaner. And I was happy to have it while the dealer had my car. If you're thinking of replacing yours, check out the Integra. If you're like me, you will like it a lot. But if you love yours, you may not be too pleased with some of the changes in the Integra.

TL : DR ILX to Integra transition is much more than a minor update based on the new 11th Gen Civic platform.

pomegranate

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Mazda 3 Hatch
Most people won't be considering the ILX simply because it sits on a 2-generation old platform. It doesn't excel in performance or luxury. It's also the most regretted car purchase per Consumer Reports.

PerceivedShift

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ITR Swapped 98' Integra, Hybrid Turbo 17' GTI
Most people won't be considering the ILX simply because it sits on a 2-generation old platform. It doesn't excel in performance or luxury. It's also the most regretted car purchase per Consumer Reports.
Yikes! My dad was considering an ILX...I just sent him this link...lol

Maybe I can talk him into a manual Integra instead...

1tointegra

First Name
Chester
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra
I'm coming from a 2019 ILX and yes Integra is a huge upgrade.

I'm mostly upgrading for cargo room, turbo + manual + LSD and wireless Android Auto/Carplay + touchscreen better infotainment system.

Everything else is a plus 👍👍

Interestingly enough weight is more than Integra too
2019 ILX (3,122 lbs) vs 2023 Integra (A Spec with Tech 3,073 lbs manual)

Btw sport mode + paddle shifters is pretty quick for 8spd DCT (acceleration is well enough for city driving)

Point Blur_Jul032022_175659.jpg

Last edited:

Simsk4300

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra Tech & 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec sh-awd
I'm coming from a 2019 ILX and yes Integra is a huge upgrade.

I'm mostly upgrading for cargo room, turbo + manual + LSD and wireless Android Auto/Carplay + touchscreen better infotainment system.

Everything else is a plus 👍👍

Interestingly enough weight is more than Integra too
2019 ILX (3,122 lbs) vs 2023 Integra (A Spec with Tech 3,073 lbs manual)

Btw sport mode + paddle shifters is pretty quick for 8spd DCT (acceleration is well enough for city driving)

Point Blur_Jul032022_175659.jpg
Dang your ilx was sick! The purple wheels made it stand out! Awesome 😎 I put two pictures of my old baby as well. Bye 👋🏼 ILXs, Hello TechTeggys 😆

20220105_144041.jpg

20220125_161100.jpg

1tointegra

First Name
Chester
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra
Dang your ilx was sick! The purple wheels made it stand out! Awesome 😎 I put two pictures of my old baby as well. Bye 👋🏼 ILXs, Hello TechTeggys 😆

20220105_144041.jpg

20220125_161100.jpg
Awesome! Your ILX looked great as well! Were you on the Facebook group/IG with the ILX?