• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

hollis

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL 3rd Gen
Update.

I messaged the sales rep all my concerns and insisted if they still try to enforce a nonrefundable policy, then to refund me my deposit.

Their responds: " Refund being mailed back. "

Guess I expected more from a luxury brand name dealership.
On the flip side, got a lead for Type R at MSRP so things arent so bad.

Thanks for giving me a sanity check!

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
Update.

I messaged the sales rep all my concerns and insisted if they still try to enforce a nonrefundable policy, then to refund me my deposit.

Their responds: " Refund being mailed back. "

Guess I expected more from a luxury brand name dealership.
On the flip side, got a lead for Type R at MSRP so things arent so bad.

Thanks for giving me a sanity check!

tell them to charge it back to your card or call your CC to have the charges reversed. Mailing a check back is unacceptable.

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Red Honda Civic Type R
Wow, a new 2023 CTR at MSRP. As rare as unicorn horn. Just be careful about that bucket seat welding failure recall issue currently going on with certain batches of the CRT.

And same on check refunds from car dealers, they always just reverse the credit card charge, sometimes on the phone even - and who does fracking checks anymore?

Also, rather than trading it in, I think I may try to sell my 2023 Liquid Carbon Metalic with Red Interior Integra A-Spec Tech 6MT, sell it right now, and with only 5K miles on the odometer. The only things that are bad on my car is an unfortunate but super super tiny chip in the windshield and very very subtle scrape on the front right rim’s edge. I should be able to get at least $30K, and or new Civic Si money for it. If I sell a few months early I can power save for the ITS down payment. And that would be a win for me as I work at home and I can survive on Uber just for a few months if I had to.

Last edited:

hollis

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL 3rd Gen
their responds
"I understand but it will be physical check. Company policy! Have a nice Spring! "

guess give it couple days and if no check shows up, call the CC. deposit was made OCT 2022.

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
“Policies are just like your opinion man” - The Dude. I would have loved to have said that!!

If that Acura dealer truly wanted to they could or would allow for digital refunds. However, if they are strict about it, I guess as long as it’s refunded in the end, there is little point in fighting it. They are going to do whatever they are going to do. However, I’d stay away from them in the future.

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Honda Pilot
Is anyone else irrationally bothered by the rear fender flare? I was/am hyped for this car for the same reasons as everyone else. However, the patched on nature of the rear flare with what seems like a billions lines going through it, drives me freaking nuts. Almost to the point of not being interested anymore.

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
Is anyone else irrationally bothered by the rear fender flare? I was/am hyped for this car for the same reasons as everyone else. However, the patched on nature of the rear flare with what seems like a billions lines going through it, drives me freaking nuts. Almost to the point of not being interested anymore.
not me. It’s got a bit of a aggressive look which is appropriate In the essence of street tuners like Rocket bunny, RWB and Liberty walk. I love the way FL5 look also but I think they could have accentuated the wide body so it looked wide body like the Germans. FL5 looks like a bigger civic in most angles instead of a coke bottle shape.

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
Doesn’t bother me one bit.

It looks so much better than the base Integra IMO

bloominguez

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Bronco, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
I do think that [Thomas from Throttle House] introduces tremendous bias, because he has his car and that's what he knows. All other cars are measured against that. For example, his review of the G87 M2, he was hypercritical of it because it wasn't an F87 M2. That's important to be spelled out, because it seems they were pretty much the outliers in their review of that car. Pretty much everyone else seemed to love it.

Plus the Throttle House guys spend a little too much time weighing in on their subjective tastes. Sure that's a talking point but beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and they spend an entire segment on it for each car, inside and out. That's their schtick, but it also seems out of touch and strictly for entertainment purposes.
Sure he does, but that's precisely why their channel works. That's a *good* thing. Everyone has biases, including auto reviewers. Better that they're up front with those biases, in a fun way (my opinion). Then when they give an opinion, you can calibrate against their known biases. They may hate something but if you know where they're coming from you may realize that you may like that thing they criticized, and vice versa. Over time I've gravitated more towards their channel and away from a few others, for the reasons I just wrote.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
The front flare is beautiful but the rear flare is fugly IMO. Only 1/3rd molded into the metal, rest is tacked on and has a billion joints chopping it up. Weird nitpick I know but I can't get past it.
I honestly think it looks overly aggressive for only 300hp.. thing looks like it has 450hp+

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I’m just glad the wide extended fenders are one piece of sheet metal and not tacked on. And the CTR is perhaps too tame.

That said I actually love the look of all the current Acura Type S cars. They look like Batmobiles to me. But that’s just me :)

Tw1stedlog1k

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M2 Competition (R.I.P.), ABP ITS
It bothers me a little in that it's an afterthought type of addition but not enough to drive me away from the car. I like this bulge type of style and I think it fits the car very well. It would be nice if it were formed sheet metal vs added on but overall it's still a plus in my book. There's too much good in this car to walk away.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
It bothers me a little in that it's an afterthought type of addition but not enough to drive me away from the car. I like this bulge type of style and I think it fits the car very well. It would be nice if it were formed sheet metal vs added on but overall it's still a plus in my book. There's too much good in this car to walk away.
For what it's worth, I did look at it with someone plenty of experience in automotive die manufacturing, and he insists these flares couldn't be stamped into the door and still be as sharp... angular? I admit I zoned out a little after, "Oh yeah, those will for sure be add-ons", when I showed him the prototype in the wrap. Hopefully y'all pick up what I'm putting down here.

It'd be great if they were integrated and looked just like they do here... but I don't think I'd like it if integrating them came at a cost of the fun angles. Just my take.