• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Rdrcr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (Reserved)
Yup, Justin is my point of contact! Good luck! Hopefully we won’t have to wait too long.
Well, at least we know who #1 and #2 are, lol. In all honesty, I certainly don’t need to be the first to take delivery and I’m not in a hurry.…I would just want to be guaranteed a Type S in my preferred color combination at some point during the production run. I’m sure they’re disappointed we’re both looking for the same colors, especially considering those options might not be available in the beginning.

Mike

24DE5TypeS

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2004 RSX Type S
i wonder if anyone has any idea of the Type S’ bolt pattern. Im sure they will stick with 5x114.3 but wouldn’t be surprised if the go with the 5x120 of the CTR.

VtecBuddy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
i wonder if anyone has any idea of the Type S’ bolt pattern. Im sure they will stick with 5x114.3 but wouldn’t be surprised if the go with the 5x120 of the CTR.
They will probably go with the CTR bolt pattern. Doesn't make sense for them to engineer new wheel hubs for the car.

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
so many people getting this amazing car at msrp, its only a month away till we start seeing these on the streets. How stingy Honda dealers here are, I haven't seen a single FL5 on the streets. There are cars sitting at the dealers than actually driving, seems like.

chenc544

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 17 Q60 RS, 07 997TT, 94 300ZX TT
so many people getting this amazing car at msrp, its only a month away till we start seeing these on the streets. How stingy Honda dealers here are, I haven't seen a single FL5 on the streets. There are cars sitting at the dealers than actually driving, seems like.
I'm waiting for all those dealers to start calling me back and saying they are willing to take less ADM in about 3 months. I would very much enjoy telling them I already got a Type-R with better interior for less money. :D

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
I'm waiting for all those dealers to start calling me back and saying they are willing to take less ADM in about 3 months. I would very much enjoy telling them I already got a Type-R with better interior for less money. :D
been a while I checked but one local dealer had 3 on the lot with heavy markup. They're like hoarding them.

hollis

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL 3rd Gen
Hmm. My dealer just informed me they are placing their order on Monday and I need to choose top 2 color combos. My refundable deposit also becomes non refundable as well on Monday, which kind of irrates me since all the specs, pics of all colors, production projections, nor msrp info is still not available.

What if the car is 55k msrp?
If it is, I might opt for type r (3rd on list for 5k adm) or grc instead ( 3rd at msrp). These prices are becoming outrageous.

Grc seems like a bargain at 40k

Deposit is $500

Welcome any advise?

VtecBuddy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
Honda dealers don't care about the brand experience like Acura dealers do. Acura dealers want you to come back and buy an MDX instead of going over to Audi or Lexus. Honda dealers know you're not going to go to Toyota if they treat you poorly because the buying experience is probably equally meh. Plus Acura is the underdog when it comes to the luxury market, so they have to try and win customers over with friendly service. I went to see a Type R and the owner of the dealership told me they couldn't unlock the door for me to look inside because "I would get the car dirty". Left pretty quickly after that. Acura dealer was so friendly on the other hand.

js4square

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic lx 2016 MT
Hmm. My dealer just informed me they are placing their order on Monday and I need to choose top 2 color combos. My refundable deposit also becomes non refundable as well on Monday, which kind of irrates me since all the specs, pics of all colors, production projections, nor msrp info is still not available.

If it is, I might opt for type r (3rd on list for 5k adm) or grc instead ( 3rd at msrp). These prices are becoming outrageous.

Deposit is $500

Welcome any advise?
Wait… won’t be hard to get in a few months… not limited… don’t trow 500$ at a dealer in those conditions… you don’t have a price or a color…

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI

Deposit is $500

Welcome any advise?
I'm pretty sure its against the law for non refundable deposits.

chenc544

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 17 Q60 RS, 07 997TT, 94 300ZX TT

Deposit is $500

Welcome any advise?
Find another dealer. Everything points to May 11 online reservation being the key, not the dealer.

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Red Honda Civic Type R
To followup on my short previous post, from what I understand or just see happening is that Acura dealers can or will only keep the deposit until they sell the car, after that they have or will refund you. If they keep it at all. As most dealers only use that as a bargaining method anyway to get you to follow through, but when push comes to shove they will most likely refund your deposit. My Toyota dealer in NJ gave me back my $500 for the GR Corolla with no complaints, even said upfront it’s only to hold it if you still want it. I’ve even canceled my Honda Civic Si twice at another local Honda dealer to buy the 2023 Integra A-Spec Tech 6MT. My refund for my deposit was returned to me without much complaint in that case as well. So it can happen, unless you are in a particularly mean state laws wise or at a particularly mean dealer.

For what it’s worth, my Acura dealer is getting 6 cars in on the initial allotment and they have 7 reservations on a paper list. I’m number 3 as I’ve been dogging my Acura sales rep since I bought the regular Integra last year. He had a full list of the exterior color and interior color options to pick from, not just the initial ones expected, and he only asked for me to pick my top two. And you get whichever one of those comes in first. I did picked red/black and blue/black. Nothing asked for down payment yet, but I trust my rep to update me as it gets more offical and to keep my place in line. I should also note I did not reserve from the website last time as this dealer that I like was not on that website for the pre order. I brought that up, they were like yes we know, but they didn’t know why. Likely just an oversite or a mistake. But they have no trouble getting allotments from what I’ve seen. I’m just saying I still got my Integra at the 2 month mark after launch day anyway. So the online list is important but not absolutely nessasary from what I’ve seen. This dealer currently has the MDX Type S and the TLX Type S, Integras, and even two TLX Type S PMC Editions. The blue TLX Type S was particularly attractive to me.

And this dealer is known for doing MSRP with only wheel locks and floor mats. Last time with my new regular Integra they did try to charge a cermamic coating but I objected and he said no problem. They say that’s because they are run as a corporation that has many dealers, so they don’t have to or choose not to charge over MSRP, neither does my local Toyota (that Toyota dealer admittedly has a long wait for the best new cars however) but my Acura dealer’s Honda branch in this “corporation” team was strangely still doing markups on the Si and CRT cars. Go Honda. Earn that H.

In any case, I believe with the increased production of the ITS and the fact that Acura isn’t as solid rep wise as Honda, as they are on a comeback stretch, I think this particular Acura and mist Acuras will stay MSRP without gimmicks, just as they did for my current 2023 Integra that I purchased from them, and they currently do the same for the new Integra A-Spec Tech 6MT cars, the TLX Type S, and the MDX Type S. Hell, as I’ve previously mentioned above, they even had two TLX Type S PMC Editions marked at $61K (white) and $64K (blue) with slightly different accessories. And I think buying the 2023 Integra and keeping in my Acura reps ear helped me earn that 3rd place in line for the Integra Type S.

And I’m still not sure that the ITS will be the perfect car, but it’s a nice upgrade to my current Integra!! And perhaps I’ll keep it as my stick shift heirloom ICE weekend road trip car, the one I can kit out a bit more even with upgrades, and get a nice semi sporty but luxury EV crossover later on to daily.

Last edited: