• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

NearLeopard

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra ASpec/Tech 6MT, 23Mx5 Club Brembo
I wasn't in the market when the reservation system happened for the Integra release, so I didn't get to participate last time this happened.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't understand how we can go on Acura's site, put down a $1k (or whatever your local dealer claims it is) deposit saying "I want a car send it to my local dealer", and then the dealer gets to put on a markup charge before they give it to you.

In this situation, aren't the dealerships just the "middleman" for acura to send a vehicle to your closest location so it's easier for you to pick up?

I can understand if they got an allocation that was on the lot and not reserved and the dealer puts their own add ons and ADM. Just doesn't sit right that when you reserve a spot, you never know if you will end up getting charged way more than expected when the car arrives until it happens.

Side note: if X number of people manage to get a reservation in time and happen to have the same dealership, shouldn't acura just send the cars there rather than having this pre-allocation?

Good

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Avalon TRD, 2018 CTR (sold), 2007 S2000
Scrolling back a few pages several people mention submitting deposits. Several mention they were told no deposits and online reservation system only.

I was also told dealership taking deposits are just going to try and reserve the cars for the customers…

I just listened to that all things Acura podcast and they mention online reservation system.

just not enough solid info out there…as Usual. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Scrolling back a few pages several people mention submitting deposits. Several mention they were told no deposits and online reservation system only.

I was also told dealership taking deposits are just going to try and reserve the cars for the customers…

I just listened to that all things Acura podcast and they mention online reservation system.

just not enough solid info out there…as Usual. 🤷🏻‍♂️
My dealer did not take a deposit but said that I would need to reserve it through the online reservation process when it goes live in May.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
This was posted on the civicxi forum
I believe it's the dealer launch event

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
I don’t care about having the first car but want mine in July so I can have some time to enjoy it during the summer

VtecBuddy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
Welp here we go. Local dealer says they will mark it up 15k.
As excited as this forum is, folks on this forum don’t seem as willing to pay a markup as the FL5 folks did before the FL5 launched. That dealer is just gonna have to let that car sit for like a month before they decide to lower the markup lol.

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
As excited as this forum is, folks on this forum don’t seem as willing to pay a markup as the FL5 folks did before the FL5 launched. That dealer is just gonna have to let that car sit for like a month before they decide to lower the markup lol.
acura has been starving for a hit product so long, I don’t think they know what ADM even is. Both nsx and tlx type s were sales duds and sold with discounts. I remember nsx was cut up to 30 to 40k cause they were just sitting.

Last edited:

VtecBuddy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
acura has been starving for sales so long, I don’t think they know what ADM even is. Both nsx and tlx type s were sales duds and sold with discounts. I remember nsx was cut up to 30 to 40k cause they were just sitting.
Markups would also be weird because the TLX Type S exists. Like “you can have this front wheel drive, 4 cylinder 4 seater sedan for 70k, orrrr here’s an AWD, V6 twin turbo 5 seater sedan for 55k!”

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
I think we should all take dealer info with grain of salt until reservations actually drop.
absolutely - HOWEVER - it's interesting to see that a few dealerships are repeating similar things ... May orders, June deliveries, 200 units at launch ... may not be 100% but should mean we are at least very close to the car hitting lots! the rest, we'll see.

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
Markups would also be weird because the TLX Type S exists. Like “you can have this front wheel drive, 4 cylinder 4 seater sedan for 70k, orrrr here’s an AWD, V6 twin turbo 5 seater sedan for 55k!”
I think this car has a specific niche buyer. It sure isn’t going pull anyone looking for awd twin clutch competitors. I would assume most buyers are hardcore Honda fans and car enthusiast, looking for the driving experience. There will be quite a few FL5 spill over like me and few others here that refuse to pay markups.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I wasn't in the market when the reservation system happened for the Integra release, so I didn't get to participate last time this happened.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't understand how we can go on Acura's site, put down a $1k (or whatever your local dealer claims it is) deposit saying "I want a car send it to my local dealer", and then the dealer gets to put on a markup charge before they give it to you.

In this situation, aren't the dealerships just the "middleman" for acura to send a vehicle to your closest location so it's easier for you to pick up?

I can understand if they got an allocation that was on the lot and not reserved and the dealer puts their own add ons and ADM. Just doesn't sit right that when you reserve a spot, you never know if you will end up getting charged way more than expected when the car arrives until it happens.

Side note: if X number of people manage to get a reservation in time and happen to have the same dealership, shouldn't acura just send the cars there rather than having this pre-allocation?
I think it helps to think of the reservation system this way: It’s just a means for Acura to connect their dealerships with potential customers—you’re not ordering a vehicle from Acura which they’ll then deliver to your chosen dealership for pickup, you're putting in a reservation so you can get first right of refusal on a car once it gets to the dealership.

When the system opens, you’ll put your information into the reservation system along with your zip code (or the zip code for your preferred dealership), select the dealership, input your credit card info, then your deposit goes to the dealership. This is intended to help the dealership queue up potential buyers for whatever allocations Acura is already sending to the dealership. If you choose a dealership that gets more reservations than allocations, or if Acura doesn’t allocate your preferred color combination, then the dealership can request your preferred combo from Acura. The reservation system isn’t an ordering system, each dealership is still at Acura’s mercy for what combos they manufacture and what they send them to sell. Similarly, customers are at the mercy of the dealerships for pricing (markups, packages, accessories, etc).

If the fine print of this round of reserving is the same as the last, it'll make it clear that it doesn't obligate Acura to build any particular car to fulfill an order, and it's not an agreement between a customer and dealership for a particular price. You'll have to work with your preferred dealership to work out pricing, and that's something you can (probably should) do long before the reservation system goes live.