• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

dadcab

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Acura RDX PMC, 2017 Acura MDX Advance
I love my local Acura dealer. Amazing service department and I've never felt "taken" there. My wife feels like she can trust them too.

The local Genesis dealer appears to be a bit of a sh*t show so I am avoiding them for now.

Also, this car is bugging me a bit. The lack of amenities is just too big. I can deal without the sunroof but not having rear vents, heated wheel, memory seats, power passenger seat, etc is a problem.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I love my local Acura dealer. Amazing service department and I've never felt "taken" there. My wife feels like she can trust them too.

The local Genesis dealer appears to be a bit of a sh*t show so I am avoiding them for now.

Also, this car is bugging me a bit. The lack of amenities is just too big. I can deal without the sunroof but not having rear vents, heated wheel, memory seats, power passenger seat, etc is a problem.
Same with my Acura dealership. Took the car in for the oil change and warranty work. Each visit was great and they gave me a free loaner car.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
911 targa, Model Y, Civic SI
Damn man, which Midwest city are you around? I’m in the Midwest & working with 2 dealerships, one of which has committed to no markup from MSRP.

You should be able to find another dealer that should receive more allocated vehicles to go through. Depending on location may have to travel a bit though.
This was Jay Wolfe in Kansas City. I will say that the saleswoman I spoke to seemed utterly clueless about this car and very well may have given me bad information as this was all over the phone/on the spot.

VtecBuddy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
With all these random features being deleted, maybe I’ll wait till the 2025 model year and see if anything gets added back in.

js4square

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic lx 2016 MT
Don’t know if you saw these on the civicxi forums from user JDM_DOHC_SiR. Pretty interesting that the rear fender flares are integrated in the rear bumper for a part, and stick on for the rear quarter and door parts. Still like the look but thought it was worth mentionning.
121DE167-CDCB-4B98-A342-16B1219957C8.jpeg
70D73039-0F53-4E4C-97D8-95FC94C54560.jpeg
805B4951-CBE2-4317-856C-F1C6D2EF6582.jpeg

Last edited:

chenc544

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 17 Q60 RS, 07 997TT, 94 300ZX TT
Don’t know if you saw these on the civicxi forums from user JDM_DOHC_SiR. Pretty interesting that the rear fender flares are integrated in the rear bumper for a part, and stick on for the rear quarter and door parts. Still like the look but thought it was worth mentionning.
121DE167-CDCB-4B98-A342-16B1219957C8.jpeg
70D73039-0F53-4E4C-97D8-95FC94C54560.jpeg
805B4951-CBE2-4317-856C-F1C6D2EF6582.jpeg

View attachment 225974
I saw that on another post with the white one. My guess is plastic vs metal moulding cost difference. Another cost cutting move. I'm OK for all these cost cutting decisions as long as MSRP is reflective of that. As I said, above, differentiation between Type-R and ITS is getting pretty small. If ITS helps bring the CTR pricing down then I might go with that instead.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Acura Columbus is expecting 9 ITS' through the end of 2023--no word on the color combinations on the way, but they're taking a $1,000 refundable deposit a color combination preferences for the earliest on their list. They said they have a list of ~40.

I still don't care for Joe Raiti, but even a Joe Raiti walkthrough is better than nothing. Like some others, I'm a fan of the red that can be seen through the perforated seat centers + red stitching throughout (surprising with Honda, it's only stitching, but they're notorious for trimming details between the front and back seats). I wonder if it's the same on the Red and Orchid interiors since they have the same perforated black section? I can imagine it being nice with the Red interior, might look a little much with Orchid. I'm still waffling between color combos. The wife likes Platinum White Pearl, but I like the idea of Tiger Eye or Performance Red on white wheels. The Ebony interior is growing on me. It's clean, and might age the best.

Are we certain that this is faux leather again? No biggie, but the press photos definitely show an Orchid interior with two map holders--perhaps this was a Photoshop error on Honda's part? I'm not counting on USB ports in the back since they aren't listed on the press release. Same for rear vents. Might be worthwhile to start a running list of things the A-Spec + Tech has which are lost in the Type-S:

• Sunroof
  • Driver Seat Memory
  • Power Passenger Seat
  • Door Welcome Lights (willing to bet on it)
  • Rear USB's
  • Seating for 5
  • Fog Lights
  • Ambient Door Lights (wouldn't surprise me)
  • Auto-Dimming Rear/Sideview Mirrors (anyone know?)

Life is about trade-offs, but It's a bummer so much has been removed after months of speculating about how many features would be added.

Tony503

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Mazda3 Turbo, 13 FR-S, 03 RSX Type S
From Raiti's video, you can see a button under the frameless rearview mirror so I think auto-dimming rearview mirror is still there. A-Spec Tech doesn't have auto-dimming side mirrors so I doubt ITS would have it too.
Screenshot 2023-04-16 at 10.13.33 AM.png

Tony503

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Mazda3 Turbo, 13 FR-S, 03 RSX Type S
I've also been compiling a total list of confirmed changes so far of Type S changes over A-Spec Tech (deletions/downgrades in bold):
  • Type R powertrain (+5 rated hp with recommended 93 octane), Type S engine bay covers
  • Type R dual axis front suspension, Type S suspension tuning (assuming geometry is same as Type R)
  • Type R track width (3.5 in wider front, 1.9 in wider rear)
  • Type R brakes & tires, Type S wheels
  • Type S exhaust
  • Type S grille, bumpers, fenders, hood, sideskirts, rear diffuser
  • Type S badging
  • Perforated leather steering wheel
  • Firmer, perforated black insert Type S headrest embossed front seats
  • Ultrasuede shift boot, Type S shifter surround & red lettering shift knob
  • Sport & Sport+ drive modes replace Normal & Sport
  • Turbo boost psi, throttle position, braking pressure, G-force gauges, stopwatch, gear position, shift up/down indicator in instrument cluster
  • 146 lb heavier
  • 0.2 in longer, 2.8 in wider, 0.1 in lower
  • Available in Tiger Eye Pearl
  • No auto start/stop (likely a plus for most of us)
  • No fog lights
  • No moonroof
  • No driver’s memory seat
  • 2 rear seats
  • No rear seat USB
  • Manual front passenger seat
Sources: Acura press releases, 2024 owner’s manual, Raiti’s Rides

Door welcome lights & reverse gear tiltdown are still unconfirmed. Pre production models are subject to change, but I really doubt any will happen

VtecBuddy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
I'm curious to find out details about chassis torsional rigidity compared to the FL5. I'm not sure if the FL5 has been stiffened but from the base civic, but I remember Acura claiming the base Integra was 2 percent stiffer than the Civic sedan. If it turns out the Integra is a less rigid chassis than the FL5, that would be a major point of cost-cutting that I would be upset about. If they're going to cut all these features from the A-spec in the name of performance, I hope they at least make some upgrades in terms of chassis stiffness, suspension performance, etc.

VtecBuddy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
Pre production models are subject to change, but I really doubt any will happen
For what it's worth, when the GR Corolla launched, a ton of stuff changed from the prototype demo cars to the production cars. They didn't even have the same gauges or headlights. Of course the GRC had a longer wait after the launch and before cars were available for purchase, but it's still possible some of this stuff gets added back in. Rear USB and memory front seat are minor enough that it's possible.

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
I'm curious to find out details about chassis torsional rigidity compared to the FL5. I'm not sure if the FL5 has been stiffened but from the base civic, but I remember Acura claiming the base Integra was 2 percent stiffer than the Civic sedan. If it turns out the Integra is a less rigid chassis than the FL5, that would be a major point of cost-cutting that I would be upset about. If they're going to cut all these features from the A-spec in the name of performance, I hope they at least make some upgrades in terms of chassis stiffness, suspension performance, etc.
im going to guess it has the same amount of chassis adhesives as fl5. Chassis and powertrains are identical.

dadcab

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Acura RDX PMC, 2017 Acura MDX Advance
Anyone see anything about the garage door opener?