• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Speaking of Porsche, what's the popular forum for that again...Rennlist? I'm curious bc a few of the SUV's I was looking at are in the price range of the Macan GTS, so I've been considering that instead if my wife doesn't mind a slightly smaller but much better SUV.

Bzal1122

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
16 Tundra TRD Pro, 03 E46 M3, 23 gts4.0, 24 ITS
Speaking of Porsche, what's the popular forum for that again...Rennlist? I'm curious bc a few of the SUV's I was looking at are in the price range of the Macan GTS, so I've been considering that instead if my wife doesn't mind a slightly smaller but much better SUV.
It is rennlist. Porsche club of America also has some good articles and live blogs they do as well. The Macan is universally lived SUV , but a lot consider it more of a large hatchback than an CUV/SUV

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
It is rennlist. Porsche club of America also has some good articles and live blogs they do as well. The Macan is universally lived SUV , but a lot consider it more of a large hatchback than an CUV/SUV
Definitely doesn't appear as roomy.

TheRas900

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Macan S, '16 ES350 and hopefully a '23 Integra
Macanforum is another good website. BTW, we LOVE our 2018 Macan S. If you don't need the space, I'd highly recommend. The X3 M40 is the only thing even close in terms of overall package.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Rennlist or macanforum.com. I'd actually point you towards macanforum, a lot of activity there and rennlist can be... an interesting place. Lots of strong opinions, I guess that's a fair way to put it. But people are very helpful there's just a higher tendency for abrasiveness.

As for the Macan GTS, there's a pretty distinct difference between the current generation (95B.3, 2022+) and the earlier generations. Don't get me wrong, any Macan GTS is an amazing machine, but with the 2022 model year came a revision where the GTS took the place of the Turbo as the "top trim level" for the Macan, and it is quite simply a staggering feat of engineering. Exhaust, suspension, and engine/transmission tuning were all tweaked and it is just a BLAST to drive. Just watch a couple reviews on YouTube, it drives better than any sports sedan, to include the RS5, M5, you name it (maybe not the RS6/RS7 because of the engine and rear wheel steering but that's much more expensive). Sounds better for some reason too, even though it shares the engine with the RS5.

Also important to note- Nick Murray did a controversial video comparing the S to the GTS, and while I actually agree on most fronts that the S gives you almost as much hardware as the GTS at a much lower price point, he doesn't spend any time talking about the specific tuning elements that are specific to the GTS. The short answer is the S is a great car and no one will ever be disappointed buying one- as long as you don't spend any significant amount of time in the GTS.

I love mine (even though it's "the wife's car"...) and if I had to give up a car, it would actually be the Boxster. The Macan scratches the sports car itch, it's that good... if it was available in manual I wouldn't be looking at the Integra.

But it does have some minor compromises. The 95B.3 is still pretty expensive, probably tough to find one asking less than $100k. I'd also tend to agree that interior dimensions are going to resemble a hatchback more than a traditional SUV. In fact, the Integra probably has more room (better headroom for rear passengers in the Macan though... but not by much). There is a 5th seat, however...

The Porsche options game is also its own challenge to navigate. Just poke around in the configurator for a bit and you'll see what I'm talking about. There are just SO MANY OPTIONS, and for a car like the Macan they can completely change the experience of the car... for example the PTV (Porsche Torque Vectoring) in the Macan is AMAZING, completely changes the driving dynamics when driving "spiritedly"... but for 95% of the rest of the time you're driving it you'll never notice it.

Anyway, for an SUV you just simply cannot get a better option if you like driving.

Also in this picture the air suspension is height adjustable and at the highest setting. It was right after we got it and had the wrap done. It's the only picture I have on this computer but I usually leave it in the lower setting and it looks even better.

image000000 (1).JPG

Last edited:

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Rennlist or macanforum.com. I'd actually point you towards macanforum, a lot of activity there and rennlist can be... an interesting place. Lots of strong opinions, I guess that's a fair way to put it. But people are very helpful there's just a higher tendency for abrasiveness.

As for the Macan GTS, there's a pretty distinct difference between the current generation (95B.3, 2022+) and the earlier generations. Don't get me wrong, any Macan GTS is an amazing machine, but with the 2022 model year came a revision where the GTS took the place of the Turbo as the "top trim level" for the Macan, and it is quite simply a staggering feat of engineering. Exhaust, suspension, and engine/transmission tuning were all tweaked and it is just a BLAST to drive. Just watch a couple reviews on YouTube, it drives better than any sports sedan, to include the RS5, M5, you name it (maybe not the RS6/RS7 because of the engine and rear wheel steering but that's much more expensive). Sounds better for some reason too, even though it shares the engine with the RS5.

Also important to note- Nick Murray did a controversial video comparing the S to the GTS, and while I actually agree on most fronts that the S gives you almost as much hardware as the GTS at a much lower price point, he doesn't spend any time talking about the specific tuning elements that are specific to the GTS. The short answer is the S is a great car and no one will ever be disappointed buying one- as long as you don't spend any significant amount of time in the GTS.

I love mine (even though it's "the wife's car"...) and if I had to give up a car, it would actually be the Boxster. The Macan scratches the sports car itch, it's that good... if it was available in manual I wouldn't be looking at the Integra.

But it does have some minor compromises. The 95B.3 is still pretty expensive, probably tough to find one asking less than $100k. I'd also tend to agree that interior dimensions are going to resemble a hatchback more than a traditional SUV. In fact, the Integra probably has more room (better headroom for rear passengers in the Macan though... but not by much). There is a 5th seat, however...

The Porsche options game is also its own challenge to navigate. Just poke around in the configurator for a bit and you'll see what I'm talking about. There are just SO MANY OPTIONS, and for a car like the Macan they can completely change the experience of the car... for example the PTV (Porsche Torque Vectoring) in the Macan is AMAZING, completely changes the driving dynamics when driving "spiritedly"... but for 95% of the rest of the time you're driving it you'll never notice it.

Anyway, for an SUV you just simply cannot get a better option if you like driving.

Also in this picture the air suspension is height adjustable and at the highest setting. It was right after we got it and had the wrap done. It's the only picture I have on this computer but I usually leave it in the lower setting and it looks even better.

image000000 (1).JPG
Geez, thanks for the wealth of info! It sounds like quite a step up in the auto world. A few test drives will determine which way she prefers to go, but I'm in a similar boat. It's her car, but when we're all heading out I'm driving.

Pretty much all the full size SUV's I'm pondering are between 80-100k-ish now, which sparked this thought. The trade off being that these others are a little more roomy, tow worthy, & probably a slightly better fuel mileage - but we're maxing out our family at 4 & still have a nice truck for any towing/hauling needs. Plus none of them have any of the Porsche highlights - driving experience being the #1 for me, although comfort does now play a more vital role than I'd prefer. 😒

The closest I've been to Porsche so far in my life is that a few friends have owned them. An old friend/boss of mine is now a major car collector & it was a blast just riding full steam ahead in his 911 GT3. Out of all his different 'super car' options he has, he always touted the Shelby GT350 as the affordable/attainable one that is still at times more fun to drive than say his Lambo's/Ford GT even. So I started down that path initially, but if we're giving up one of our two trucks then I'd like the car I choose to be a manual with roomy interior still. We are thinking that when we're too old (or tired) of driving manuals anymore then we will reconsider both the GT350 & some other Porsche models - something that's more drag strip oriented that still handles nicely on the road & the kids are grown.

That is certainly a nice photo. Even the highest setting still looks sharp, but now I'd really like to see it with some drop as you described, so this will add to some of my Google searching later. 😎

Also, how in the heck are you able to articulate so well that early in the AM?

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Geez, thanks for the wealth of info! It sounds like quite a step up in the auto world. A few test drives will determine which way she prefers to go, but I'm in a similar boat. It's her car, but when we're all heading out I'm driving.

Pretty much all the full size SUV's I'm pondering are between 80-100k-ish now, which sparked this thought. The trade off being that these others are a little more roomy, tow worthy, & probably a slightly better fuel mileage - but we're maxing out our family at 4 & still have a nice truck for any towing/hauling needs. Plus none of them have any of the Porsche highlights - driving experience being the #1 for me, although comfort does now play a more vital role than I'd prefer. 😒

The closest I've been to Porsche so far in my life is that a few friends have owned them. An old friend/boss of mine is now a major car collector & it was a blast just riding full steam ahead in his 911 GT3. Out of all his different 'super car' options he has, he always touted the Shelby GT350 as the affordable/attainable one that is still at times more fun to drive than say his Lambo's/Ford GT even. So I started down that path initially, but if we're giving up one of our two trucks then I'd like the car I choose to be a manual with roomy interior still. We are thinking that when we're too old (or tired) of driving manuals anymore then we will reconsider both the GT350 & some other Porsche models - something that's more drag strip oriented that still handles nicely on the road & the kids are grown.

That is certainly a nice photo. Even the highest setting still looks sharp, but now I'd really like to see it with some drop as you described, so this will add to some of my Google searching later. 😎

Also, how in the heck are you able to articulate so well that early in the AM?
Caffeine, my friend. Pre-workout is a hell of a drug. My dog wakes me up at 5 pretty much every day...

I've always liked the GT350. I've told myself I'll have a GT3 someday, but they're really not necessary. There are tons of cars at much lower price points that are capable track cars, they just may not have the same pedigree and soundtrack.

Cars have definitely gotten more expensive, and Porsche was already expensive and has only gotten moreso... but honestly, you don't need to buy a brand new one. In fact, I'd recommend against it unless there's a specific option combination you have to have. Porsche's CPO program is pretty much the best in the business and people generally tend to take care of their Porsches quite well, and at least to my experience they're very reliable and meant to be driven. Even a base Macan will have a better driving experience than pretty much any other SUV out there, including the X3M which is considered the Macan GTS' top competitor. It's very fast in a straight line but is a nightmare when it comes to comfort, and not nearly as capable on a twisty road. Somehow Porsche pulls off both comfort and sportiness with the Macan. I'd definitely recommend getting in and driving one or several before any final decisions are made- but as good as the 22+ models are, a solid '18 or '19 CPO GTS at around $60k or so is a hell of a value proposition.

Here, go check this one out: https://finder.porsche.com/us/en-US/details/porsche-macan-gts-preowned-M9WZ0M?condition=porsche_approved&model=macan&position=St.+Louis,38.6270025,-90.19940419999999,500&order=closest

edit: actually, the price is great on that one but it's an '18- I forgot that the 95B.2 refresh happened in '19 so that one has the old 3.0 that I believe it shares with cars like the Audi S4. Still very nice, but the switch to the 2.9 is a big one, it's a MUCH better engine. I'd imagine prices would go up accordingly but it may be worth it... oh well, I noticed you're in STL and it might still be worth checking out for kicks.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Caffeine, my friend. Pre-workout is a hell of a drug. My dog wakes me up at 5 pretty much every day...

I've always liked the GT350. I've told myself I'll have a GT3 someday, but they're really not necessary. There are tons of cars at much lower price points that are capable track cars, they just may not have the same pedigree and soundtrack.

Cars have definitely gotten more expensive, and Porsche was already expensive and has only gotten moreso... but honestly, you don't need to buy a brand new one. In fact, I'd recommend against it unless there's a specific option combination you have to have. Porsche's CPO program is pretty much the best in the business and people generally tend to take care of their Porsches quite well, and at least to my experience they're very reliable and meant to be driven. Even a base Macan will have a better driving experience than pretty much any other SUV out there, including the X3M which is considered the Macan GTS' top competitor. It's very fast in a straight line but is a nightmare when it comes to comfort, and not nearly as capable on a twisty road. Somehow Porsche pulls off both comfort and sportiness with the Macan. I'd definitely recommend getting in and driving one or several before any final decisions are made- but as good as the 22+ models are, a solid '18 or '19 CPO GTS at around $60k or so is a hell of a value proposition.

Here, go check this one out: https://finder.porsche.com/us/en-US/details/porsche-macan-gts-preowned-M9WZ0M?condition=porsche_approved&model=macan&position=St.+Louis,38.6270025,-90.19940419999999,500&order=closest

edit: actually, the price is great on that one but it's an '18- I forgot that the 95B.2 refresh happened in '19 so that one has the old 3.0 that I believe it shares with cars like the Audi S4. Still very nice, but the switch to the 2.9 is a big one, it's a MUCH better engine. I'd imagine prices would go up accordingly but it may be worth it... oh well, I noticed you're in STL and it might still be worth checking out for kicks.
That's funny, bc I was looking at that same one & one other similar to it. It sounds like a CPO 19+ would be a really good deal for this vehicle!

jrodtypeS

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Civic type R
Does any one have the accessory pricing list. I remember seeing it but can't find it. Trying to find out the cost of the Alcantra steering wheel and mud guards ( if that's being offered)?

Last edited:

Gregg

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 TEP Teg Type S '87 & '88 CRX Si, '96 Civic EX

Bzal1122

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
16 Tundra TRD Pro, 03 E46 M3, 23 gts4.0, 24 ITS
Looks like Acura put up the Type S build and price function on the website.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!