• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Intro and Tire question

AlbrightCT

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Aston Martin DB7, 2008 RDX, (former) 2002 NSX
Hey everybody! Really like the new Integra so far, I've had some pretty cool cars in my life but never anything brand new and the Integra might be the first. I wouldn't pull the trigger until supply catches up and I can see a few different color combos in person but I'm thinking about how I'd outfit it.

One change I'd like to make day 1 is swap out the stock tires with something quieter. My first choice would be the Pirelli P7 Cinturato AS Plus II, but they only come in 235/45/18 and not the 235/40/18. There are other good tires out there but I'm guessing the 45 aspect would also improve ride comfort a bit.

Does anyone know the tire size of the 19 inch wheels? I'm not planning to get that option but I'm curious how the diameter would compare to the 18s with the 45 aspect.

Xcfool

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Liquid Carbon Tech 6spd
Stock 18" tires do not make the ride harsh even in Sport mode.

OP
OP

AlbrightCT

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stock 18" tires do not make the ride harsh even in Sport mode.
I'm not expecting the ride to be harsh, but I'd like the quietest ride possible and the top rated tires for that only come in the 45.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Yeah. This is the nicest ride I have been in. I have had plenty of rental cars,none were luxury. This thing is just so smooth over bumps, train tracks,etc in normal mode. Yet somehow it's stiff and responsive. I find it almost relaxing in the cabin between the sound system and seats it's plain amazing.
Also my first new car.

IntegraAgain

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5th Gen 2023 Integra A-Spec 6MT - PWP
Yeah. This is the nicest ride I have been in. I have had plenty of rental cars,none were luxury. This thing is just so smooth over bumps, train tracks,etc in normal mode. Yet somehow it's stiff and responsive. I find it almost relaxing in the cabin between the sound system and seats it's plain amazing.
Also my first new car.
I am 100% echoing these sentiments. Plenty of haters out there and I don't trend the other way like it is the greatest vehicle ever made or something, but this version of Integra was timed perfectly for release/reboot. It's got the right price tag, the right mix of awesome and practical, and a compelling enough history for people like you and me to buy this as our first ever brand new car. The 18's on stock rubber are more than adequate for me, and to me road noise is negligible at highway speeds and low speeds. Zero regrets.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
I find it very quiet. And surprisingly the tires aren’t that bad. Could they be way better? Sure. But for all seasons, I find them just fine for the stock power and handling.

OP
OP

AlbrightCT

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Well hey that's great feedback! I guess if it's not broke don't fix it!

Great to hear the car is making all the owners happy so far. I look forward to getting it!

Tork

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Civic ST, 22 Accord Sport Hybrid, 16 Mazda 6
I agree, it is too noisy. Otherwise love the car. So I had a 22 Civic Touring it had Goodyear eagles. Much noisier than my 19 Civic EX. Sold it to Carmax last November was shocked I made almost $4000. Got a new Civic Sport Touring Hatch. Sold it to Carmax in April.
Civic Hatch came with Continental tires same as the Integra. They did not do much to this 'premium' Acura over the Civic with respect to NVH. I think these Conti tires are better than most. I think Honda was desperate to NOT add weight to the Integra where 30 lbs of strategic acoustical tuning would have made a big improvement. Again not a hater, love the car, just giving my honest $.02

JohnV

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'13 Ford C-Max Energi '19 Acura RDX
This is my eighth new car. The best was probably the 2019 RDX Advance. Second probably 2002 Saab 9-5. Saab's longer wheelbase made for the best ride, and the RDX was the quietest. It has something called acoustic glass, and I hear a difference.
The Integra does everything well, but it's not the best that ever was.
Before I bought the Saab I told the Acura dealer to build a TL wagon and I would buy one. I would probably add quietness to the Integra and make it a wagon. But the added weight would impact the nimble performance of the 1.5T. So I'll leave it up the engineers and enjoy this great new car!

Tork

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Civic ST, 22 Accord Sport Hybrid, 16 Mazda 6
This is my eighth new car. The best was probably the 2019 RDX Advance. Second probably 2002 Saab 9-5. Saab's longer wheelbase made for the best ride, and the RDX was the quietest. It has something called acoustic glass, and I hear a difference.
Yes our 22 Accord has acoustic glass. I was optimistic the Integra would get it too as both cars come out of the Maryville Ohio plant. Not really a weight penalty I don't think there is much cost to it, This should have been included as it does help noticeably.