• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Nice we're there any accessories listed on that build page yesterday?
Also anyone confirm if the rear seats are leather or same synthetic material?

OP
OP

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Nice we're there any accessories listed on that build page yesterday?
No accessories yesterday.

As for seating materials, I believe Joe Raiti said the seats were leather and others have tossed it around as well, but Joe Raiti tends to insert nonsense... Jonathon Rivers didn't specifically say, and that tells me it's a synthetic from and rear. Had they shifted to genuine leather front, rear, or both, I imagine that's a horn they'd be tooting already. I can't imagine they have a synthetic back seat for Base-Tech and leather just for Type-S.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
No accessories yesterday.

As for seating materials, I believe Joe Raiti said the seats were leather and others have tossed it around as well, but Joe Raiti tends to insert nonsense... Jonathon Rivers didn't specifically say, and that tells me it's a synthetic from and rear. Had they shifted to genuine leather front, rear, or both, I imagine that's a horn they'd be tooting already. I can't imagine they have a synthetic back seat for Base-Tech and leather just for Type-S.
Yeah only thing I picked up on was suede inserts in the front. Nothing was mentioned on rears other than 2 passenger seating for reduced weight.. 😂
Just hope it's the same material so I can swap my rears and it won't be noticable

Ricochet48

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 RSX Type S
So the rear seats don't have the nicer material in the center... another cheap out move eh?

OP
OP

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Yeah only thing I picked up on was suede inserts in the front. Nothing was mentioned on rears other than 2 passenger seating for reduced weight.. 😂
Just hope it's the same material so I can swap my rears and it won't be noticable
Ya know... I didn't consider the reduced seating capacity and the in-seat cupholders. So the Type-S has its own seat base, not implausible for it to have its own material (ie genuine leather), but I'm not counting on it. As is, they could use the Base-Tech seatbacks and save on costs.

So the rear seats don't have the nicer material in the center... another cheap out move eh?
"Nicer material" is a matter of preference--they're not perforated, like the front seat, but tough to say what the perforated material is like and how it will age. I've found the leatherette material in the 6MT Integra to be very durable, and haven't disliked the microsuede as much as I expected.

Honda/Acura is notorious for cutting costs between the front and back of vehicles--seats, door cards, etc.. Look at the Si and CTR. In my opinion, the Integra is more cohesive from front to back, even if it's not a true match.

Ricochet48

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 RSX Type S
Ya know... I didn't consider the reduced seating capacity and the in-seat cupholders. So the Type-S has its own seat base, not implausible for it to have its own material (ie genuine leather), but I'm not counting on it. As is, they could use the Base-Tech seatbacks and save on costs.

"Nicer material" is a matter of preference--they're not perforated, like the front seat, but tough to say what the perforated material is like and how it will age. I've found the leatherette material in the 6MT Integra to be very durable, and haven't disliked the microsuede as much as I expected.

Honda/Acura is notorious for cutting costs between the front and back of vehicles--seats, door cards, etc.. Look at the Si and CTR. In my opinion, the Integra is more cohesive from front to back, even if it's not a true match.
The RSX back seats are the same material as the fronts... and that's from 20 years ago. I've taken care of my leather and don't really have an cracks aside from some light ones in the driver's bolster. Times have changed it seems.

I just would have wanted some contrast in the center of the two rear seats. For instance the black in the center of the Orchid looks solid (and would likely not show as much stains, etc.)

OP
OP

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
The RSX back seats are the same material as the fronts... and that's from 20 years ago. I've taken care of my leather and don't really have an cracks aside from some light ones in the driver's bolster. Times have changed it seems.

I just would have wanted some contrast in the center of the two rear seats. For instance the black in the center of the Orchid looks solid (and would likely not show as much stains, etc.)
You hit the nail on the head--times have changed. My '07 Si (sedate interior generation, for an Si) had red stitching front and back, contrast stitching doesn't even carry over from front to back today.

Ricochet48

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 RSX Type S
You hit the nail on the head--times have changed. My '07 Si (sedate interior generation, for an Si) had red stitching front and back, contrast stitching doesn't even carry over from front to back today.
To be clear, times have changed for Acura. BMW's seem to have the same material in the front and rear for instance.

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
While not a confirmation on the rears, the fronts are faux leather with the microsuede insert (has been confirmed on the various Acura presentation/slides floating around), and I have a hard time imagining that Acura would put fake leather in the two seats that would be used the most, and real leather in the rear.

Last edited:

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
Sharing for anyone interested--grabbed from yesterday's preorder system:

Screen Shot 2023-05-12 at 9.58.24 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-12 at 9.57.47 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-12 at 9.57.33 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-12 at 9.57.19 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-12 at 9.57.08 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-12 at 9.56.58 AM.png
I love the Orchid interior, Red is my second choice, I don't like the black at all.
I think it lacks the contrast you get with the others.

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
Seats look like the same cheap base model seats. Pffft for the price is a rip off.
They are the same seats, but with stiffer foam in the bolstering, and a different orientation/location of the microsuede and faux leather.

I think many were hoping for better seats, but it is what it is at this point.

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Red Honda Civic Type R
And you never know, a better foam quality may have been implemented. I’d be willing to do some custom foam upgrades if possible and redo the seats in fine black leather. I’d have to keep the seat based airbags in place and working as they are.