• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
I called the dealer I was going to use again just to see and they haven’t heard anything either lol

she also said I wasn’t the only one who has since called to be removed from their wait list since the leaks dropped
They were supposedly going to tell the dealerships, as in GM, about the trims and transmissions but idk if that got canceled

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
Really what I'm learning from all the leaks is that Acuras marketing is HORRIBLE at reading a room.

Show off only coupes in a video announcing a 4 door.
Add NFT's when the massive talk about NFT's is they are bad and a scam and hated.
Leave people in the dark for months about actual specs.

The problem is not the Integra, the problem is Acuras marketing team with knowing what people want and how to market to them.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
It is honestly pretty sad that most companies are terrible at setting and managing expectations. It's not just Acura or even the car industry. This is happening all over.
Fords killing it with the Mavrick, Ranger, Bronco and hopefully upcoming Everest.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
It is honestly pretty sad that most companies are terrible at setting and managing expectations. It's not just Acura or even the car industry. This is happening all over.
I think it’s the way Acura is handling this as a whole. I don’t understand the need to be this close to putting a deposit down on a car with no info. Leaks are leaks but having official concrete Info is better.

Another think I have to ask is would any of you all put a deposit down on a house you’ve never seen? In a way what I’m say is putting a deposit on the Integra with no info wouldn’t be the best thing ever.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)
Really what I'm learning from all the leaks is that Acuras marketing is HORRIBLE at reading a room.

Show off only coupes in a video announcing a 4 door.
Add NFT's when the massive talk about NFT's is they are bad and a scam and hated.
Leave people in the dark for months about actual specs.

The problem is not the Integra, the problem is Acuras marketing team with knowing what people want and how to market to them.
100% agree. NONE of the marketing tactics for the new Integra worked.
It almost seems like they're hyping things up to see disappointed people's reactions.
Maybe the marketing team really didn't want the Integra project? Who knows lol

OP
OP
CarGuyUsername

CarGuyUsername

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'07 CR-V LX
In a sense pre-ordering at all is putting a deposit down on a car that you cannot sit in nor drive.

I agree that info should be out and they are handling this poorly, but I also think too much weight is being put on the preorder info when 90%+ of people who will end up with an Integra are not going to be preordering.

To reiterate ACURA HURRY TF UP, but for those who aren't preordering this should be a non-issue besides just wanting more info on the car.

Litflynt912

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Civic EXL HB 2023 Integra A Spec Tech
Well I think to take it a step further. Putting $500 isn’t a big deal but it doesn’t “ensure” you’re getting one at a specified time. Acura is basically asking for $500 from prospective customers and using the data of trims and colors to establish a manufacturing process.
I would rather be wrong and someone tell me as we speak the Ohio plant is cranking out cars but somehow I doubt that.
I’ll reserve but again, not holding out hope on a smooth sales process

RandomHondafan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2000 Toyota Avalon XL
100% agree. NONE of the marketing tactics for the new Integra worked.
It almost seems like they're hyping things up to see disappointed people's reactions.
Maybe the marketing team really didn't want the Integra project? Who knows lol
From a different perspective you can argue that their marketing actually worked in a way. They did an excellent job of hyping this up. Showing the generations of manual Integras. Jon Ikeda's quotes. The anime series where the Integra was teased. If this was called an ILX would we still be here talking about it? Would all the articles and press have been there? But yea they definitely didn't do a good job of managing expectations and delivering. Alot of us were expecting more than what they gave us.

Reactions: HKF

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
From a different perspective you can argue that their marketing actually worked in a way. They did an excellent job of hyping this up. Showing the generations of manual Integras. Jon Ikeda's quotes. The anime series where the Integra was teased. If this was called an ILX would we still be here talking about it? Would all the articles and press have been there? But yea they definitely didn't do a good job of managing expectations and delivering. Alot of us were expecting more than what they gave us.
I'm tempted to think they have a team for each cars marketing or a team for S marketing and non-S as it seems to be specifically the Integra they had NO idea what to do with. but the Anime was about the type-S which was done well and feels like it was another team.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
I'm tempted to think they have a team for each cars marketing or a team for S marketing and non-S as it seems to be specifically the Integra they had NO idea what to do with. but the Anime was about the type-S which was done well and feels like it was another team.
I think the Anime thing was created about half way through last year. But I think in a way they literally should of teased the Type S of Integra in that that literally focuses on Type S.

OP
OP
CarGuyUsername

CarGuyUsername

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'07 CR-V LX
I think the Anime thing was created about half way through last year. But I think in a way they literally should of teased the Type S of Integra in that that literally focuses on Type S.
Agreed. If anything they squandered the anime by not really announcing anything with it.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
I guess I'm not super shocked Acura is flubbing the release of the integra... I mean... look back at what happened with the NSX... that thing had like 3 prototype/concept cars that spanned like 10 years of teasing, leaks, changes to powertrain, before the NSX was FINALLY released. I mean, doing this kind of slow trickle release seems to be Acura's MO for cars it sees as halo vehicles.

RandomHondafan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2000 Toyota Avalon XL
From these reddit post it seems that the sales reps still know little about the car.

OP
OP
CarGuyUsername

CarGuyUsername

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'07 CR-V LX
He did also say he's been with Acura 7 years and that this isn't the first time they've done this.

You'd think they were about to drop the next big thing in car technology or something with how hush they are lol