• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Integra quirks part 2 and Integra versus Integra

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
šŸ˜† Awesome email.

Am I understanding this correctly - that there is NO manual intermittent wiper setting as submitaweasel has described? If thereā€™s a switch, what does it do - just straight on to a low, constant setting?
The only intermittent option is when on the auto setting. Beyond that is the same low/high that my 2005 EP3 had, which was admittedly embarrassing even at that time.

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
Didn't hold too much back in that email did ya, Jack?

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
šŸ˜† Awesome email.

Am I understanding this correctly - that there is NO manual intermittent wiper setting as submitaweasel has described? If thereā€™s a switch, what does it do - just straight on to a low, constant setting?
The stalk looks like a standard intermittent wiper stalk. From top to bottom, the positions are:

Mist (push up)
Off
Auto (this is where INT would be)
Lo
Hi

Within the Auto position, you can turn the stalk for (I believe) 4 different settings. Those 4 settings apparently adjust the sensitivity of the rain sensor from lowest to highest. They do not set a time interval. If you are driving in a light rain that gets harder, the time between wiper sweeps will change based on the amount of rain and apparently on the amount of light. Depending on the change in either or both, the wipers can (and have for me) go from intermittent directly to as fast as they can go. Once they do that it seems to take forever for them to go back to intermittent. In fact, anytime the start going faster, they seem very reluctant to slow back down again.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Wow. I guess Iā€™ve never had a vehicle without an INT setting. Might take some getting used to unless thereā€™s an eventual mod for it or a software update setting as Jack mentioned. On my truck, I can go into the settings & turn off auto wipers completely & then use the different INT time settings manually.

Sometimes things engineers & R&D come up after testing is odd. I deal with this in my career daily (as an inspector in the commercial building field) & am always going back to architects & the like with - ā€œwhy the hell did you design it this way?ā€ Nearly 100% of the time itā€™s not for functionality & for looks. Drives me mad.

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Wow. I guess Iā€™ve never had a vehicle without an INT setting. Might take some getting used to unless thereā€™s an eventual mod for it or a software update setting as Jack mentioned. On my truck, I can go into the settings & turn off auto wipers completely & then use the different INT time settings manually.

Sometimes things engineers & R&D come up after testing is odd. I deal with this in my career daily (as an inspector in the commercial building field) & am always going back to architects & the like with - ā€œwhy the hell did you design it this way?ā€ Nearly 100% of the time itā€™s not for functionality & for looks. Drives me mad.
That's exactly how I think it should be.

JohnV

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'13 Ford C-Max Energi '19 Acura RDX
4 settings apparently adjust the sensitivity
Last week I got an Integra loaner and played with these settings. On the slowest dial setting, the auto did not react quickly enough. But I found mama bear middle settings were good during intermittent light rain. At one point I did feel it was best to push down to low, but shortly afterward I went back to auto with satisfactory results.
YMMV

Tork

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Civic ST, 22 Accord Sport Hybrid, 16 Mazda 6
Question Was one car a bit quieter than the other?

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Another wiper post, but this time I think it's a good one. This may have been mentioned before, but I don't remember seeing it and it definitely wasn't covered in my pre-delivery brief.

I have seen that people have noticed the wipers can flinch on power-up. I seem to remember it was mentioned by someone who also had the sticky steering problem. Yesterday, I confirmed why the wipers do that.

Turns out on power down the wipers are disconnected from their drive system. This is good, because it means with power off you can sweep the wipers up and put them into the maintenance position to clean your windshield or change the blades without powering-up the car and using the wiper stalk. Once you are done, you can put them back against the windshield anywhere. As soon as you power-up the car, they reconnect and return to their resting spot.

If this is common knowledge, forgive my late-to-the-partyness.

TheRas900

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Macan S, '16 ES350 and hopefully a '23 Integra
I just noticed this feature Monday. The wipers made a loud noise upon power up, due to ice on them and the windshield. I am hoping this quirk does not lead to problems with the wiper motor.

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
Another wiper post, but this time I think it's a good one. This may have been mentioned before, but I don't remember seeing it and it definitely wasn't covered in my pre-delivery brief.

I have seen that people have noticed the wipers can flinch on power-up. I seem to remember it was mentioned by someone who also had the sticky steering problem. Yesterday, I confirmed why the wipers do that.

Turns out on power down the wipers are disconnected from their drive system. This is good, because it means with power off you can sweep the wipers up and put them into the maintenance position to clean your windshield or change the blades without powering-up the car and using the wiper stalk. Once you are done, you can put them back against the windshield anywhere. As soon as you power-up the car, they reconnect and return to their resting spot.

If this is common knowledge, forgive my late-to-the-partyness.
I didnt know that. I knew that if you hold the washer mode after power down it will automatically place them in the maintenance position or something like that. I read the whole manual but I don't remember the specifics.

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
I just noticed this feature Monday. The wipers made a loud noise upon power up, due to ice on them and the windshield. I am hoping this quirk does not lead to problems with the wiper motor.
If it does, luckily, a motor is a quick swap. If it leads to programming issues...well...best of luck to all of us.

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I didnt know that. I knew that if you hold the washer mode after power down it will automatically place them in the maintenance position or something like that. I read the whole manual but I don't remember the specifics.
You push the stalk up and hold it until the wipers go straight up, so you can fold them away from the windshield. When you do it that way, I'm pretty sure that the stay there until you power-up and move the wiper stalk, so that's probably a better way to do it, if you're a little forgetful. If you pull them up and away manually and forget they are up there and jump the the car and hit the start button, the wipers are going to slam against the hood on their way back down.

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
You push the stalk up and hold it until the wipers go straight up, so you can fold them away from the windshield. When you do it that way, I'm pretty sure that the stay there until you power-up and move the wiper stalk, so that's probably a better way to do it, if you're a little forgetful. If you pull them up and away manually and forget they are up there and jump the the car and hit the start button, the wipers are going to slam against the hood on their way back down.
Sounds similar to what I read. I guess I'll find out in a couple years when they need replaced.

Wojo

First Name
Beef Cake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec CVT, 2015 TLX , 2002 TL Type S
the auto-wiper speed(s) blow big time, i'm sure it's some safety B.S. just give me
the old school " timed " wipers & that would be fine, one thing i do hate with modern
cars is all the " safety " garbage, i think it causes for time/problems then helps