• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Individual tire pressure readings!

Hondabob

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
What I'm saying is that the Mazda 3 shouldn't be considered premium just yet, especially with the torsion beam set up.
Basically my view is if you consider the Integra premium, the Mazda is definitely premium. Otherwise both are near premium to me and is why they compete despite the drivetrain differences.

The base turbo sedan at 31k comes with nearly everything including adaptive headlights but wireless CarPlay, leather and 360 cam. At 34k you get those features and it’s still looking to be cheaper than the Aspec tech Integra.

to stay on topic somewhat though, I absolutely hated that my civic Si did not have individual tire pressure sensors, and it’s a welcome change. Definitely looking forward to seeing what the Type S will bring.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
It’s for sure weird that the civic not only doesn’t have individual tpms but it sounds like doesn’t even have regular tpms. Just uses some sort of algorithm based on rotation speed? Every car I’ve seen over the last few years has had individual tpms which is why I thought it was standard now.

Ethan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 Mazda 3 GT 6 speed
What exactly about the Integra is premium? The Civic is a great base but let’s be honest its not very different in any way.

I’d argue with 250hp, a conventional automatic and AWD, the Mazda 3 is closer to being premium than the Integra will be. I have driven it, you don’t notice the torsion beam at all. Ride was smooth and it was very quiet.

At any rate, I was simply pointing out that a competitor also has a feature, wasn’t trying to discredit the Integra at all.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
The integra is very different than the civic. I scratch my head at people who say it’s barely different. Are we looking at the same car? Exterior is completely different and the interior is mostly different.

Acura although not considered at the same luxury level as Lexus, bmw, etc, is still widely considered even by regular people as luxury. Mazda is not.

That’s the test. Car people know that Mazda is coming up. But normal people think of Mazda just like they think of Ford.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)
Basically my view is if you consider the Integra premium, the Mazda is definitely premium. Otherwise both are near premium to me and is why they compete despite the drivetrain differences.

The base turbo sedan at 31k comes with nearly everything including adaptive headlights but wireless CarPlay, leather and 360 cam. At 34k you get those features and it’s still looking to be cheaper than the Aspec tech Integra.

to stay on topic somewhat though, I absolutely hated that my civic Si did not have individual tire pressure sensors, and it’s a welcome change. Definitely looking forward to seeing what the Type S will bring.
What exactly about the Integra is premium? The Civic is a great base but let’s be honest its not very different in any way.

I’d argue with 250hp, a conventional automatic and AWD, the Mazda 3 is closer to being premium than the Integra will be. I have driven it, you don’t notice the torsion beam at all. Ride was smooth and it was very quiet.

At any rate, I was simply pointing out that a competitor also has a feature, wasn’t trying to discredit the Integra at all.
Mazda is a mainstream brand. They have plans to evolve into a luxury brand, but that's not getting done anytime soon.
Most people here will probably agree that Acura's not premium enough to compete against real luxury brands. But it is still a luxury division of Honda.
That's what matters. That's why the Integra's "overpriced" for its specs. Look at VAG. A3 has less hp and less equipment than the GTI yet it costs more.
Do you think Mazda 3 is overpriced? I think it is very reasonably priced.
I'm not saying the two are not competitors. People will be cross shopping them for sure.
But they're not "direct" competitors, so it's not exactly going to be an apples to apples comparison.

Anyway, Mazda has plenty of time to work on the 3.
Torsion beam and everything else don't matter at all for now.

Ethan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 Mazda 3 GT 6 speed
The integra is very different than the civic. I scratch my head at people who say it’s barely different. Are we looking at the same car? Exterior is completely different and the interior is mostly different.

Acura although not considered at the same luxury level as Lexus, bmw, etc, is still widely considered even by regular people as luxury. Mazda is not.

That’s the test. Car people know that Mazda is coming up. But normal people think of Mazda just like they think of Ford.
The Integra is different but it is not very different. Exterior is different, but it shares its roofline and door handles with the Civic. Powertrain is the same, Interior is even more similar, different seats, slightly different vent design, but the same digital dash, infotainment, and even the same switchgear. The TLX, RDX and MDX are far more different than their Honda counterparts (Accord , CR-V, Pilot)

OP
OP

HKF

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Honda Accord
The Integra is different but it is not very different. Exterior is different, but it shares its roofline and door handles with the Civic. Powertrain is the same, Interior is even more similar, different seats, slightly different vent design, but the same digital dash, infotainment, and even the same switchgear. The TLX, RDX and MDX are far more different than their Honda counterparts (Accord , CR-V, Pilot)
People who don’t want to be convinced that the Integra is “very different” simply won’t be swayed -it doesn’t fit with their narrative.

Ethan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 Mazda 3 GT 6 speed
People who don’t want to be convinced that the Integra is “very different” simply won’t be swayed -it doesn’t fit with their narrative.
What narrative do you think I’m trying to push here? I am considering purchasing the A-spec Tech 6MT Integra myself… I’m no stranger to what it is... a Civic Hatchback Si with slightly nicer trim. This is basically what it’s being marketed as.

pomegranate

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Mazda 3 Hatch
What narrative do you think I’m trying to push here? I am considering purchasing the A-spec Tech 6MT Integra myself… I’m no stranger to what it is... a Civic Hatchback Si with slightly nicer trim. This is basically what it’s being marketed as.
Don't mind that guy he's a pretty ardent Acura/Integra defender. He has his own narrative.

I agree. People complaining the torsion beam makes the Mazda not luxury better have said the same thing about the CVT on the Integra. Personally, I see the Integra as more of an Si Hatchback than luxury vehicle. I really like the sporty exterior of the Integra + practicality and if I wanted luxury/comfort out of the two cars then I'd take the Mazda 3 hatchback simply because of the red interior.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
I mean Integra is Premium over the Civic, but to me Acura and Mazda are over lapping in that they are pushing more to be "premium" not necessarily "luxury". As that's not really a category makes them either seem like "upscale entry level"(mazda) or "low end luxury"(acura) based on who their closest historic competitors are.

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
I agree. People complaining the torsion beam makes the Mazda not luxury better have said the same thing about the CVT on the Integra. Personally, I see the Integra as more of an Si Hatchback than luxury vehicle. I really like the sporty exterior of the Integra + practicality and if I wanted luxury/comfort out of the two cars then I'd take the Mazda 3 hatchback simply because of the red interior.
“Luxury” imo is an overall feel a car gives. A torsion beam (or cvt) done well can pass on a luxury car… doesn’t matter as much as styling and materials.

The 3 feels like a luxury car on the inside but the exterior styling doesn’t (esp the hatch). The Integra exterior looks more like a luxury car but the interior is tbd. It’ll take seat time to get a proper feel… pics aren’t enough. Its easy to dismiss the Integra on specs if you want to jump to conclusions. Time in the car will tell if they put it all together and made it feel like a luxury car.

I wish they’d changed the wheel and console though… they look very Civic-like.

PS Did you know the Integra has a red interior too?