• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Having several issues with new integra

Integrablue77

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-spec
Hi, I bought a 2023 integra A-spec about a month ago. It currently has 1100 miles on it. I love the car but i’ve been having several issues with it.

The first problem i’m having is when I take the vents off recirculate, it gives a faint smell of gasoline/raw exhaust (similar to a motorcycle exhaust smell). This only happens when i’m idling like if im stopped at a light or if I have the car in park and the engine is running. I can’t remember if this happened when the car was brand new because I mostly kept it on recirculate. Since it only has 1100 miles i’m wondering if this smell will just burn off eventually.

Another issue im having with the vents is that the make a lot of noise when they are on high, as if something is stuck in them. The noise comes from the defroster vents near the windshield but if I close the vent closest to the drivers door, the sound almost completely goes away. It’s almost like a loud whistling noise when all the vents are open.

The 3rd issue im having is with the lane keep assist. It bounces between the lines, sometimes almost touching the line on one side. It never stays centered. This happens on roads with perfect paint, and the screen shows that it can see the lines well. It even shows the diagram of the car against the line on the screen. I’m wondering if there is some kind of update that could fix this.

Has anyone else experienced any of these problems?

Last edited:

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
Regarding the smell: NO THIS IS NOT NORMAL.

It sounds like a pre-catalyst exhaust leak or if it is fuel, a fuel leak. Get it to a dealer ASAP.

As far as the vent issues, I can't say I've experienced this.

Regarding lane keep assist, when I was 5 miles from the dealer driving through construction after I bought mine, the car jerked me almost out of my lane. I promptly turned it off and never looked back.

OP
OP

Integrablue77

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-spec
Regarding the smell: NO THIS IS NOT NORMAL.

It sounds like a pre-catalyst exhaust leak or if it is fuel, a fuel leak. Get it to a dealer ASAP.

As far as the vent issues, I can't say I've experienced this.

Regarding lane keep assist, when I was 5 miles from the dealer driving through construction after I bought mine, the car jerked me almost out of my lane. I promptly turned it off and never looked back.
Thanks. I’ll have to schedule an appointment.

It sucks that the lane assist is that bad because ive heard honda/acura has the best one. My brother has a kia and his works much better.

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
My lane keep assist seems to work just fine, although I've only tested it for short periods.

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
Don't take my word on lane keep assist. I drive cars instead of letting them drive me. I turn off every nanny I can in these newer cars.

KiloFTW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra M/T
I haven’t had trouble with mine though I only use it temorarily when I’m fiddling with the infotainment.

Leehro

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
I turned off the constant lane departure correction in the menus for those reasons, but I do activate the lane keep (button showing the steering wheel between two lanes) at cruising highway speeds. I think that works well and is easy to toggle.

OEMjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra, 99 Audi A4
The lane keep assist is a step up from the one on the honda accord. It takes the edge off of long drives and you can relax a bit. If you commute on fairly straight roads it's dope.
🧓

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The only time I ever anticipate using it is on longer drives, when it's time to put in a fresh dip of snuff. Or, I can do what I've always done and steer with my knee.

OP
OP

Integrablue77

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-spec
The only time I ever anticipate using it is on longer drives, when it's time to put in a fresh dip of snuff. Or, I can do what I've always done and steer with my knee.
😅 Glad i’m not the only one who drives an acura and dips.

The lane keep assist is a step up from the one on the honda accord. It takes the edge off of long drives and you can relax a bit. If you commute on fairly straight roads it's dope.
🧓
Have you noticed it getting close to the lines? I agree it’s good on straight roads, even roads with curves, as long as nobody else is around.

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
I do the ol knee steer almost daily. You're telling me there's a way around that?

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I do the ol knee steer almost daily. You're telling me there's a way around that?
It should be as easy as activating the lane keep assist with the button on the right side of the steering wheel.

edlchiang62

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura A-spec
Hi, I bought a 2023 integra A-spec about a month ago. It currently has 1100 miles on it. I love the car but i’ve been having several issues with it.

The first problem i’m having is when I take the vents off recirculate, it gives a faint smell of gasoline/raw exhaust (similar to a motorcycle exhaust smell). This only happens when i’m idling like if im stopped at a light or if I have the car in park and the engine is running. I can’t remember if this happened when the car was brand new because I mostly kept it on recirculate. Since it only has 1100 miles i’m wondering if this smell will just burn off eventually.

Another issue im having with the vents is that the make a lot of noise when they are on high, as if something is stuck in them. The noise comes from the defroster vents near the windshield but if I close the vent closest to the drivers door, the sound almost completely goes away. It’s almost like a loud whistling noise when all the vents are open.

The 3rd issue im having is with the lane keep assist. It bounces between the lines, sometimes almost touching the line on one side. It never stays centered. This happens on roads with perfect paint, and the screen shows that it can see the lines well. It even shows the diagram of the car against the line on the screen. I’m wondering if there is some kind of update that could fix this.

Has anyone else experienced any of these problems?

This is a dumb question, but did you actually turn on the Lane Assist Feature? It does not automatically come on. You have to turn it on each time you drive. I thought I had the same problem as you described, but then I realize I forgot to turn it on!

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
This is a dumb question, but did you actually turn on the Lane Assist Feature? It does not automatically come on. You have to turn it on each time you drive. I thought I had the same problem as you described, but then I realize I forgot to turn it on!
There are no dumb questions.

OEMjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra, 99 Audi A4
Have you noticed it getting close to the lines? I agree it’s good on straight roads, even roads with curves, as long as nobody else is around.
Yeah it won't keep you perfectly centered on its own. Which is why it is defined as an "assist". This car doesn't have enough computing power to do all the micro adjustments like a Tesla. It's enough for me though, especially coming home after a long shift.