• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Hatch Glass Rattle

stellarrock

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra Had: 2018 Civic Type R
On a mildly bumpy section on the highway commute to work today (first time driving it to work), I heard a persistent rattle coming from the back of the car. It sounded like the actual glass on the hatch rattling. I heard it before for a couple of seconds on the way home from the dealership and I unscrewed those rubber things on the underside of the hatch door that make contact with the body, about a quarter turn. Apparently that did nothing. On the drive to work it was much more consistent rattling and for a longer period of time.

I remember I had this same issue on my CTR but couldn't get rid of it. Anyone else experiencing this or have an idea on how to fix it?

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I have a similar rattle coming from back. I want to take down the sunscreen thing since the clips are plastic on plasticc to see if that helps. With the radio off it's very annoying since our roads are rough and we have bumps every few feet.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Same here. I’m 94% sure it’s the cargo cover.

OP
OP

stellarrock

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Same here. I’m 94% sure it’s the cargo cover.
Hmm to me the noise sounds like glass hitting something, not plastic to plastic noise. Maybe we have different rattles coming from the back of the car. I also have a rattle somewhere in the passenger area. I can't tell if it's the dash on that side or the passenger door. I should schedule an appointment at the dealership so they can check it out. Has anyone had any success in the dealer fixing a rattle/noise?

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
So cleaning my car today I wiped the rear camera and license plate lights... Those lights are super loose and rattle when gently touched. Wonder if were hearing that?

OP
OP

stellarrock

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So cleaning my car today I wiped the rear camera and license plate lights... Those lights are super loose and rattle when gently touched. Wonder if were hearing that?
I checked this morning and mine are loose as well. Have you tried removing the lights and putting some sort of insulating material? I could try it as well but I don't know how they pop out and I don't want to damage anything.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
I have an annoying buzz type rattle up front. Can’t find where it is.

OP
OP

stellarrock

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have an annoying buzz type rattle up front. Can’t find where it is.
Same here. I've identified occasional buzzing from both B pillars and also one around the dash/door area to the left of the steering wheel that I can't figure out. If I can't get the dealership to fix it (they've already ordered parts for a rattling in the passenger dash), then I might try to open the panels myself and stick some foam or insulation in there.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
So the rear rattle isn't the cargo cover.
A lso have the same rattle in the seat belt adjustment slide like the 22 civic does.
Rattles in dash area at times. This is making me go nutz over here.

OP
OP

stellarrock

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
This appears to be more common than it should be.
Tentative workaround: https://www.integratalk.com/threads/trunk-lid-noise.379/
Hmm ok so they’re saying it’s the latching mechanism for the trunk that could be causing the rattling. I remember checking to see if there’s any play when I push down on the hatch lid while closed and there wasn’t any. I also adjusted those rubber bumpers on the side. I’m willing to try the suggested temporary fix of electrical tape on the bottom metal U-shaped “catch”.

PJK3

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Liquid Carbon Metallic / Red A-Spec Tech
Hmm ok so they’re saying it’s the latching mechanism for the trunk that could be causing the rattling. I remember checking to see if there’s any play when I push down on the hatch lid while closed and there wasn’t any. I also adjusted those rubber bumpers on the side. I’m willing to try the suggested temporary fix of electrical tape on the bottom metal U-shaped “catch”.
I'm with you -- I didn't find any looseness in the hatch lid when closed. But the electrical tape provided a very notable improvement. I'm going to do some looking for any adjustments in the catch or the latch mechanism. Hopefully, I don't have to pull too much apart to get to it.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Can you take some pics of where to put the tape?

PJK3

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Liquid Carbon Metallic / Red A-Spec Tech
Having to use tape to solve a rattle didn't sit properly with me, so I took the Integra to the Acura dealer to have them resolve it. Naturally, I took my 3M 33 electrical tape off before bringing it there. They diagnosed the latch mechanism as the issue and told me they ordered a new one.

In the meantime, "The technician was able to temporarily resolve the rattling issue by using some tape around the hasp." Wonder where he got that idea? :p ROFL

If that tech from a Louisiana dealer is reading this -- dude, you're awesome as the foam tape you used completely got rid of the rattle. :cool: (vs the 3M 33 electrical tape which only reduced it.)

He applied the foam tape in the location below. Photo as requested
Tape.jpg