• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Has anyone seen any Clues drop?

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
FYI. Mercedes just discontinued the A Class. I know that was some what of a competitor but the CLA is staying around for the time being even though that one doesn’t sell as well either.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
FYI. Mercedes just discontinued the A Class. I know that was some what of a competitor but the CLA is staying around for the time being even though that one doesn’t sell as well either.
I actually like the A class, just feel like its just really under powered.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
I actually like the A class, just feel like its just really under powered.
Underpowered plus never offered highest performance here. It was also priced terribly. You can go all the way up in price to a C Class 43 AMG.

RandomHondafan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2000 Toyota Avalon XL
What's your take on the performance levels being Si-like? Two things stood out to me recently (caution - wild speculation ahead!): Hondata and others seeing more available HP than Honda is claiming with the Si's 1.5t; and I watched a vid review of the Si where there was a pieced-in segment from an older guy that talked about the LSD seeming to still have some significant limits added (almost like the traction control wasn't completely defeated). I'll look later and see if I can find that link again - it's not one that I usually follow. Just thinking there might be some performance jump that we can expect from the existing Si powertrain+LSD that will be tuned to boost the Integra above the Si's capabilities. Afterall, they DID also decontent the Si vs. the Canadian market to some degree, (more wild speculation) to make room for the Integra's pricing & features? I'm thinking Acura may have more up its sleeve than the apparent reskinning of a feature-loaded Si and adding an AT. Thoughts?
Are you referring to TFL's video comparing the Civic Si and the Sport Touring Hatch?

RandomHondafan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2000 Toyota Avalon XL
I think the A class is a pretty decent vehicle. Many people just want a Mercedes logo and the A class offered a decent way into the brand. It's underpowered but it's stylish and has a interior that is Mercedes like. If you need more power just get a CLA. According to the numbers I found the A class actually outsold the CLA in some cases so it's interesting that they cut the A class​

Attachments

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
I think the A class is a pretty decent vehicle. Many people just want a Mercedes logo and the A class offered a decent way into the brand. It's underpowered but it's stylish and has a interior that is Mercedes like. If you need more power just get a CLA. According to the numbers I found the A class actually outsold the CLA in some cases so it's interesting that they cut the A class​
40k total sales for US? That’s high for a model like that. I thought it was way lower.

RandomHondafan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2000 Toyota Avalon XL
40k total sales for US? That’s high for a model like that. I thought it was way lower.
Yea it's a pretty decent segment which is why Acura is trying to get a piece of the pie. The A3 seems to be lagging behind Mercedes as well

Attachments

Litflynt912

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Civic EXL HB 2023 Integra A Spec Tech
I had a 2022 A 220. It was fine as a daily driver. 188HP on a DCT. It was peppy in sport mode and I got 450 miles out of the 13 tank.
Definitely peppier than the 22 civic exl
I sold it in preparation for the integra. Glad I did. We know discontinued models don’t hold value.

when I bought it in December it was the only A class in Phoenix.
When I sold it a couple weeks ago it was the only ‘22 A class in a 300 mile range

RandomHondafan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2000 Toyota Avalon XL
For fun I compared the A class to the new Civic Si. According to Car and Driver, the A class is faster 0-60 and the quarter mile. On Mercedes official website it's rated for 7.1 0-60 which is more inline with the Si. I'm sure its just fine for daily commuting

Screenshot_20220210-164240.jpg

Screenshot_20220210-164141.jpg

Hondabob

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
For fun I compared the A class to the new Civic Si. According to Car and Driver, the A class is faster 0-60 and the quarter mile. On Mercedes official website it's rated for 7.1 0-60 which is more inline with the Si. I'm sure its just fine for daily commuting

Screenshot_20220210-164240.jpg

Screenshot_20220210-164141.jpg
Gotta remember 0-60 in the Si requires a shift to 3rd gear, I believe at literally 59mph . The synical part of me says they purposely did so, so that when they add the DCT and it goes down to 6.6-6.7 that hidden 20hp makes it seem like it’s doing something lol.

either way like you said should be perfectly fine for a daily.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
I'm surprised a 188hp car that heavy can do a 15.1.

Litflynt912

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Civic EXL HB 2023 Integra A Spec Tech
Here’s a clue…. In April the IMSA Acura Grand Prix of Long Beach is happening. Keep your eyes peeled.
But Acura said spring! Spring is in March!?! LOL