• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Has anyone seen any Clues drop?

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
If Type S announces that early it essentially means it will have the older CTR engine correct? Makes sense if Honda wants to keep it just under the new CTR.
Highly doubt it would be the CTR engine that’s going in the next gen CTR. I still feel it’ll be the TLX engine but rated higher and tuned differently with a larger turbo and some internal stuff to have at least 285-290 HP. Also still feel 10AT is the only option for transmission. It will be a beefed up 10 AT for Type S given how Acura wants all Type S to have a better transmission set up

Litflynt912

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Civic EXL HB 2023 Integra A Spec Tech
Just gonna assume it'll get the weakest of all options available so my expectations stay in check.
as most reviewers have said and as an owner I concur, the only thing stopping the civic from being a perfect car is the cvt

the integra (especially type s) has the potential to do something Acura hasn’t done since the nsx. Make the perfect daily refined car

we go over specs all the time and the other poster who created the trim spec sheet outlined it. A civic HB with a DCT around 200-220hp at the same weight would be perfect. The cherry on top is Acura throwing in creature comforts

I’m sitting here car-less. Desperately trying not to buy another touring civic LOL
There’s no other car I want more than the integra save a Taycan (which I plan to get off lease)

CarGuyUsername

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'07 CR-V LX
as most reviewers have said and as an owner I concur, the only thing stopping the civic from being a perfect car is the cvt

the integra (especially type s) has the potential to do something Acura hasn’t done since the nsx. Make the perfect daily refined car
Agreed. My initial want was a sportier version of the civic hatch. Everything past that is all sprinkles on top.

Litflynt912

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Civic EXL HB 2023 Integra A Spec Tech
Just gonna assume it'll get the weakest of all options available so my expectations stay in check.
and that’s why kid has the civic lol
I love being inside it. Comfy and great layout. Even with 180hp you push the gas and the cvt just cannot keep up

but she’s getting over 30+ MPG lol

RandomHondafan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2000 Toyota Avalon XL
Agreed. My initial want was a sportier version of the civic hatch. Everything past that is all sprinkles on top.
Personally I wanted something a bit quicker than an Si. I was initially disappointed that the new one only had 200hp. I was hoping that the Integra could find a gap between that and the type R. Something like 6.0-6.5 second 0-60 would be perfect imo. I'm not sure if they'll increase the power over the Si considering the ILX and the 9th gen had the same power

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Personally I wanted something a bit quicker than an Si. I was initially disappointed that the new one only had 200hp. I was hoping that the Integra could find a gap between that and the type R. Something like 6.0-6.5 second 0-60 would be perfect imo. I'm not sure if they'll increase the power over the Si considering the ILX and the 9th gen had the same power
I personally like honda/Acura products for the amazing handling they have around corners. I’m not to huge on 0-60 numbers but I can tell you autocross with a civic and other cars are way to fun to pass up and try.

RandomHondafan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2000 Toyota Avalon XL
I personally like honda/Acura products for the amazing handling they have around corners. I’m not to huge on 0-60 numbers but I can tell you autocross with a civic and other cars are way to fun to pass up and try.
I agree the Civics are great at handling. But with the extended length, NVH and features I feel like this will likely lose the lightness that an Si has. Honda did a good job with power and handling with the type r and they can for sure apply some of that engineering here and achieve an excellent balance.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
I agree the Civics are great at handling. But with the extended length, NVH and features I feel like this will likely lose the lightness that an Si has. Honda did a good job with power and handling with the type r and they can for sure apply some of that engineering here and achieve an excellent balance.
I doubt the extra 1-2" of length will effect things as much as the added weight from NVH like you mentioned. I think they could offset some of this and make the car more stable if they added a couple of inches of width to widen it's stance and give more corner stability and lower the ride height a touch, but I doubt they'll tweak the base platform like that unless they use the CTR modified platform which will have added width to accommodate the fender flares and a lowered ride height.

Hondabob

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
Acura just dropped part 4 of the anime on Twitter.. being optimistic and hoping for Integra next week vs MDX type S stuff lol

edit: looks like Acura and Honda are both not going to be at NYIAS in April, so Long Beach definitely sounds like that will be the international “reveal”

Last edited:

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Acura just dropped part 4 of the anime on Twitter.. being optimistic and hoping for Integra next week vs MDX type S stuff lol

edit: looks like Acura and Honda are both not going to be at NYIAS in April, so Long Beach definitely sounds like that will be the international “reveal”
Honda and Acura have pulled out of a lot of Auto Shows and it makes sense. It’s honestly expensive to be at auto shows. They weren’t even at the LA Auto Show, not at Chicago Auto Show either, NY might get cancelled again. It’s tough to say for sure but auto shows are a dying breed

DipTheoryA

First Name
Dip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hondas and Acuras
Someone on the Acura Reddit sub posted that a factory worker is claiming the commercials are being shot in March/April. So I guess logically it would make sense to see a “spring” reveal with deliveries starting late summer (September)

so just like the civic in essence
It was on the Facebook 2022+ Acura Integra Owners and Ethusiast Group page posting. A couple of Honda Mfg guys from Marysville were briefed on the new Integra being produced at their site. Employees are being asked to bring in their old Integras for a commercial shooting in late March/Early April. He goes on to say the TypeS is supposed to be revealed in that video as well.

Last edited:

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
It was on the Facebook 2022+ Acura Integra Owners and Ethusiast Group page posting. A couple of Honda Mfg guys from Marysville were briefed on the new Integra being produced at their site. Employees are being asked to bring in their old Integras for a commercial shooting in late March/Early April. He goes on to say the TypeS is supposed to be revealed in that video as well.
I’m apart of that group. Lot of cool people to talk to. Robb as well is.

CarGuyUsername

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'07 CR-V LX
Anyone mind just screenshotting the post over to here? Haven't seen it yet. Keep seeing it talked about here and reddit.

EDIT: No fb in the office....surprisingly can get to practically anything else lol.