• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

GTI

bnuttz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2002 Civic
I see there is already a Golf R topic, but what about a mid spec GTI vs the Integra? I think these are the two cars I have narrowed down my search to. I haven't been able to drive a Mk8 GTI because nobody has one on the lot anywhere near me and when they do have any coming in they are all presold. I've driven a Civic sport touring hatch, and liked it enough, but I could use a bit less road noise, comfier seats, and a better stereo. Has anyone driven the new GTI and new Si to give some thoughts?

usernameee1

First Name
Kolester
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
N/a
If performance is you priority, for the love of God get the GTI. Without knowing the price for the Integra, it is hard to justify the price over a comparable GTI. You will get way more power. The 22 Si is a hard sell considering it’s more powerful position. The integra makes a even tougher sell. The shifter in the new GTI fails in comparison, as does the physical controls. If that does not bug you, and you don’t care about Volkswagen reliability and costs, get the GTI. The Acura/civic with be way more reliable and cost less. If your planning on keeping it for a while go with a Honda product. If you want just a “luxury” civic, go for integra. But if you need more and can’t stand the GTI, wait for the civic type r, it will prolly hold it’s value better. Plus, if the integra is past 35k ish, not worth it over a type R. Especially considering most car enthusiasts hate the new integra. Drive em both, and if you don’t need a hatch try the Elantra N. Car and driver rated it better the Si and Jetta GLI.

Xcfool

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Liquid Carbon Tech 6spd
If performance is you priority, for the love of God get the GTI. Without knowing the price for the Integra, it is hard to justify the price over a comparable GTI. You will get way more power. The 22 Si is a hard sell considering it’s more powerful position. The integra makes a even tougher sell. The shifter in the new GTI fails in comparison, as does the physical controls. If that does not bug you, and you don’t care about Volkswagen reliability and costs, get the GTI. The Acura/civic with be way more reliable and cost less. If your planning on keeping it for a while go with a Honda product. If you want just a “luxury” civic, go for integra. But if you need more and can’t stand the GTI, wait for the civic type r, it will prolly hold it’s value better. Plus, if the integra is past 35k ish, not worth it over a type R. Especially considering most car enthusiasts hate the new integra. Drive em both, and if you don’t need a hatch try the Elantra N. Car and driver rated it better the Si and Jetta GLI.
Enthusiasts hate the Integra, a car they or journalists have never driven while loving the Civic SI?

Hand soap

First Name
Gg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Prelude
This is my thinking too. GTI or Integra. I go back and forth pretty much everyday. There was an auto GTI near me but I refused to drive it once I saw it wasn't stick. I sorta wish I had.

The weird black mustach on the GTIs front bumper bothers me more than the lack of buttons but getting the exterior in black would be ok.

The Integra looks great but has less power and I have always had Hondas so something different would be nice.

I'm completely torn.

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
This is my thinking too. GTI or Integra. I go back and forth pretty much everyday. There was an auto GTI near me but I refused to drive it once I saw it wasn't stick. I sorta wish I had.

The weird black mustach on the GTIs front bumper bothers me more than the lack of buttons but getting the exterior in black would be ok.

The Integra looks great but has less power and I have always had Hondas so something different would be nice.

I'm completely torn.
I’ve only owned Hondas too and have given the GTI serious thought.

I landed on slow is only a problem on rare occasions but you look at the car way more often. Ugly is forever.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Not sure why you would compare the two. The GTI is similar in size to a Corolla. The civic/Integra has a lot more interior space and wheel base is significantly longer

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
$30-35k sportyish driving hatchback? Sounds to me like they are in the same segment regardless of wheelbase differences.
Don't forget 4 door mini coopers.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
This article was obviously assembled by someone that doesn't really know anything about cars and was just reading from spec sheets. The basic info is more or less correct and their comparisons are fair, but they also claim the Si comes with an automatic available... and they act like the Integra is going to be super tall like a crossover or something compared to the Si (the integra has actually a .2" lower roof than the civic hatchback from what I could find with a quick google), which is also funny because I saw an article in passing the other day that called the new Integra a small crossover...

I will add most of their comparisons are also quite a bit more expensive starting than the integra, and are closer to the TLX in comparison. One that should definitely have been included is the Mazda3 Turbo hatch and sedan.

Last edited:

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
This article was obviously assembled by someone that doesn't really know anything about cars and was just reading from spec sheets. The basic info is more or less correct and their comparisons are fair, but they also claim the Si comes with an automatic available... and they act like the Integra is going to be super tall like a crossover or something compared to the Si (the integra has actually a .2" lower roof than the civic hatchback from what I could find with a quick google), which is also funny because I saw an article in passing the other day that called the new Integra a small crossover...

I will add most of their comparisons are also quite a bit more expensive starting than the integra, and are closer to the TLX in comparison. One that should definitely have been included is the Mazda3 Turbo hatch and sedan.
Yeah. Information was all over the place. Then throwing in the Stinger and IS which have a much higher base price. Just food for thought.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Yep. That article is a joke.

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM

The article was ok but didn’t really boil down why you would or would not chose each option.

For example, G70: you would buy this for the more luxurious interior and exterior, but you’d chose the Integra for price, rear seat space, lift back or available manual.

CarGuyUsername

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'07 CR-V LX
Yeah. Information was all over the place. Then throwing in the Stinger and IS which have a much higher base price. Just food for thought.
I'm sure I'll just have to do the leg work on this, but are there any articles comparing fully loaded trims instead of base MSRP?