• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

FL5 wheels on a DE5

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
Looking for a second set of wheels ... considering the FL5 set because I like OEM fit/finish. i've been looking at aftermarket options and i just haven't seen anything i like. the apex VS-5RS look good.. but of course they look like a carbon copy of the FL5 wheels and twice the price... i'm sure they're lighter but i don't need the weights savings.

anyone consider tihs? tried it? see any issues with it? i saw a CTR with ITS wheels on it which looked clean (but less sporty). i don't see any reason to have fitments issues but i could be overlooking something.

appreciate any input!

Car00071

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Looking for a second set of wheels ... considering the FL5 set because I like OEM fit/finish. i've been looking at aftermarket options and i just haven't seen anything i like. the apex VS-5RS look good.. but of course they look like a carbon copy of the FL5 wheels and twice the price... i'm sure they're lighter but i don't need the weights savings.

anyone consider tihs? tried it? see any issues with it? i saw a CTR with ITS wheels on it which looked clean (but less sporty). i don't see any reason to have fitments issues but i could be overlooking something.

appreciate any input!
I don’t think they will have fitment issues but just be mindful that CTR do not have a TPMS sensor from factory. I think you’ll be able to install one though.

CW FL5 CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FL5 CTR
Keep in mind the valve stem on the CTR wheels has a 90 degree bend.

OP
OP
evanescent03

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
noted on the TPMS and valve stems. saw a guy who put them on his white ASpec and it looks pretty decent .. our stock wheels look good so i may even just do another set in the same color or bronze to mix it up.

if the Conti DWS06+s do well enough on the street I may just stick with them and sell off the 4Ss ... having them installed right now so that should help me make my decision ...

ForeverCar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S and some others.
noted on the TPMS and valve stems. saw a guy who put them on his white ASpec and it looks pretty decent .. our stock wheels look good so i may even just do another set in the same color or bronze to mix it up.

if the Conti DWS06+s do well enough on the street I may just stick with them and sell off the 4Ss ... having them installed right now so that should help me make my decision ...
I run a set of DWS 06+ on another set of stock wheels and have been very impressed with how well they do in the PNW winter. When the weather is good, I may go straight to 200 TW tires. For now, I kept the stock wheels and PS4S.

wtam1100

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CTR
I have the fl5 wheels as my winter wheels. Everyone is right about the TPMS and valve stem. U can install TPMS sensors on fl5 wheels for they type s but u have to use a band on just strap it onto the inside middle of the rim. TPMS readings still work fine like that. This seems pretty normal from what discount tire guys said. I have no issues with them so far. I have a pic here if u want to take a look.

https://www.integraforums.com/forum/threads/type-s-winter-wheels-fitment-specs.51006/post-842809

OP
OP
evanescent03

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
I have the fl5 wheels as my winter wheels.
Thanks for chiming in, and I think they look great on your car! I read that winter wheels thread but somehow missed your post.

Good to know about the TPMS/valve stems.

where did you buy the wheels? Thanks!

wtam1100

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CTR
Thanks for chiming in, and I think they look great on your car! I read that winter wheels thread but somehow missed your post.

Good to know about the TPMS/valve stems.

where did you buy the wheels? Thanks!
Someone on the civicxi forums. The FL5 forged wheels are sick also but for just winter wheels its overkill IMO. If I could do it again i would prob use my stock Type S wheels in the winter and rock the FL5 Forged wheels in the summer.

Godofelru

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 TEP ITS
Someone on the civicxi forums. The FL5 forged wheels are sick also but for just winter wheels its overkill IMO. If I could do it again i would prob use my stock Type S wheels in the winter and rock the FL5 Forged wheels in the summer.
I'd love to see a picture of the FL5 forged wheels on a DE5. I love the look of them and remind me of the old ITR wheels.

I've never been more clueless on what wheel setup/color I want to run than I am with my ITS. TEP makes me not want to do anything gold/bronze. OEMs are dark gray borderline black so that feels out. I've think white will look bad. I'd love to see chromed wheel/bright racing silver options on the car, but a lot of the existing wheel options are too similar to OEM (split 5 spoke look).

It's a shame we don't have a more collated thread with just pictures and setup info like some of the other forums had.