• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

FL5 Civic Type R at VIR- bad wreck, car totaled

RamVA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Beat, Acty, Prelude, CBR1kRR, ITS, Motocompacto
Very sorry about the incident, and the implications for the owner. Glad he's OK.

OP
OP
StingertimeNC

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Really scary stuff. Seems like a great guy and he's shared so much good track and build content through his channel. Hope he comes back better than ever. Kudos to him for putting all out there so we could learn from him.

QUIKAG

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2022 CT5-V Blackwing 6M
Glad he's okay! That was a scary wreck. Cars can be replaced, people cannot.

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
93 EH with 97 JDM ITR swap, 2024 ABP/ orchid ITS
First, GLAD HE IS OKAY!
I follow PBP on YouTube and watched his video right after it was posted. I have seen his other VIR videos but I watched this video with intensity because of the title, I had the sound turned up as I like the sound of cars on track and I remember there was a corner over the rumble strips that had a hollow bump sound and I was like ah man rear tire is going to blow however he continued another lap or so before the wreck..
I am curious to go back and watch again. My initial impression is pressure loss in rear left.
He is a very skilled driver but at those speeds with tires screeching around every bend it's hard to tell if it is tire failure or just barely passed the point of no patrol.. I mean control.. EDIT: (I feel bad making pun on his 50K+ expense. Hope track ins honors claim)

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
I met him a couple weekends ago at VIR with Chin. Real nice guy. He was raving about the eventuri intake and driving the snot out of his car. I ran into his videos which showed him following me around for a while…. Then I saw his wreck and was blown away. Sounds like he’ll be aiming for another FL5 … definitely a testament to modern safety equipment and FL5/de5(?) strength/safety.

I definitely don’t go too hard at the top of the esses… I’ve seen some gnarly offs up there and I only possess very average skills lol

OP
OP
StingertimeNC

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Matt, what Kind of lap times do you do in the C8 on Full Course? Just curious how hard you're pushing.

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
Matt, what Kind of lap times do you do in the C8 on Full Course? Just curious how hard you're pushing.
not hard at all… I was babying it honestly. First day was wet and cold on north course. Second day a big chunk of my session(s) were red/black flagged. I didn’t get any good lap times bc I didn’t want to chase time and got so few clean laps I never really felt like I was nailing it.

Here’s a few videos to give you some idea. Out with my buddy Jesse was when I was probably pushing the hardest and everything was starting to come together .. I’m a very average driver,this was the fist time out this year and first time in the C8 so don’t be too hard on me lol.

OP
OP
StingertimeNC

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Looks good man. It's all about having fun, not being at the limit all the time. Traffic and conditions play a big part in it too. Gotta bring that car home safely. Z06 is a beast! Thanks for sharing.