• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Finally figured out why my side mirror is often slightly low

SteamedHams

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5G Integra 6MT
Ever since I’ve had the car I’ve noticed that the side mirror is often a bit lower than I remember setting it to. I figured it was related to the reverse auto-tilt feature, but couldn’t figure out why it wasn’t returning all the way back to the original position.

Today I figured it out: after taking the car out of reverse, if you turn off the car before the mirror fully tilts back up to the original position it’ll stop at whatever position it’s currently at. When you turn the car back on, it doesn’t continue tilting back up to the previous position.

tl;dr: if you have reverse auto-tilt turned on, after taking the car out of reverse you have to wait for the mirror to fully tilt back up before turning the car off.

I realized that I didn’t have an issue with this in the TLX because the mirror positions are tied to the memory seat position and key pairing, so when I come back to the car it will automatically return to the preset position eve if it didn’t finish tilting back up before the car is turned off. Unfortunately, the mirror position in the Integra is not tied to the memory position, so that doesn’t happen for the Integra.

Escobar929

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 BMW M2cs, 2023 Acura Integra
Ahh, I’ve noticed that too and it was driving me crazy. Makes perfect sense, going to pay attention to that

with all my previous cars, the mirror position was tied to the memory so I never had to pay attention to it

good catch!

DaNuKidd

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec tech
Ever since I’ve had the car I’ve noticed that the side mirror is often a bit lower than I remember setting it to. I figured it was related to the reverse auto-tilt feature, but couldn’t figure out why it wasn’t returning all the way back to the original position.

Today I figured it out: after taking the car out of reverse, if you turn off the car before the mirror fully tilts back up to the original position it’ll stop at whatever position it’s currently at. When you turn the car back on, it doesn’t continue tilting back up to the previous position.

tl;dr: if you have reverse auto-tilt turned on, after taking the car out of reverse you have to wait for the mirror to fully tilt back up before turning the car off.

I realized that I didn’t have an issue with this in the TLX because the mirror positions are tied to the memory seat position and key pairing, so when I come back to the car it will automatically return to the preset position eve if it didn’t finish tilting back up before the car is turned off. Unfortunately, the mirror position in the Integra is not tied to the memory position, so that doesn’t happen for the Integra.
This explains why I thought this damn issue was intermittent 🤦🏻‍♂️. Thanks for the info I’ll be sure to pay more attention now.

SharpAndy

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec 6spd

Wait, we have that feature? I have looked and haven't found it...would be super handy for backing up my super narrow driveway.

Edit:
Ahhh...well it would have helped if I actually read the manual. That is a handy feature...

Last edited:
OP
OP

SteamedHams

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5G Integra 6MT
Wait, we have that feature? I have looked and haven't found it...would be super handy for backing up my super narrow driveway.
I believe it's the same way to enable on for most Honda/Acuras: if you have the side mirror selector set to L or R, the corresponding side mirror will auto tilt down in reverse. If you keep it in the middle, it disables it.

imb1987

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec w/ Tech, 1989 Corvette
Dude you are a lifesaver! I noticed the same thing lol and narrowed it down to the auto tilt, but go as far as thinking that I wasnt waiting for the mirror to go back up after turning off the car in my driveway lol! Ill turn the auto tilt back on now 😅

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
If it has actual memory that is
It might not be a memory issue, It might be that the mirrors are not on a delayed circuit like the windows. That would be a "problem" with wiring.

enjay4553

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra, 2018 Mazda 3 GT, 1999 Dodge Ram 1500

Thank goodness I wasn't the only one. Thought I was going crazy for a while. After reversing, I now shift to first gear and wait for the mirror to return, then shut the vehicle off. I wish both mirrors had the tilt function like my previous Acura.

fullof5t

First Name
Orlando
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tahoe, Integra 2021
Definitely not a faulty mirror - 100% this is in the software. An update or upgrade at any dealer should fix that bug.

arod19863

First Name
Abram
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra 2023 Liquid Carbon
I have never noticed this feature is this on the 6MT or on cvt only how do you even turn it off or on?

LCM23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 A Spec Tech 6MT
I have never noticed this feature is this on the 6MT or on cvt only how do you even turn it off or on?
To turn it on, put it to the passenger side mirror. To turn off leave it in the middle or left for driver side mirror

arod19863

First Name
Abram
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra 2023 Liquid Carbon
To turn it on, put it to the passenger side mirror. To turn off leave it in the middle or left for driver side mirror
ohh okay I always have it in the middle so I don't accidently press the buttons and mess up my mirror lol