Sponsored


Electronic Parking Brake Issue after rear brake pad change

Pillak

New Member
First Name
Kachi
Joined
Oct 21, 2023
Threads
1
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
United states
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S
Hi

I changed the rear brake pads and rotors after putting the epb in maintanance mode and releasing it from maintanance mode after the job. I ensured that I listened to the parking brake motor wind out and back in the maintanance mode, which helped compressing the piston with minimal resistance. However the electric parking brake is showing the following error messages: "Electric parking brake system problem. Parking brake not available. See dealer". Tried recycling multiples times, but to no avail. I would hate to take it to the dealer, so please help!

Thanks in advance.

Acura Integra Electronic Parking Brake Issue after rear brake pad change IMG_4516
Sponsored

 

Victorofhavoc

Senior Member
First Name
Gordan
Joined
Jul 9, 2024
Threads
12
Messages
1,880
Reaction score
1,316
Location
Kansas City
Car(s)
Integra type s
When you took them out of maintenance, you did get the success notification right? And you cycled the parking brake a few times?

That error and codes are saying they don't see the brake caliper epb as serviceable and that happens when they're disconnected or still in maintenance.
 

DK 24LC ITS

Member
First Name
Doug
Joined
Apr 15, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
22
Reaction score
9
Location
NY
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I would make double sure the sensors are plugged in, then clear the codes and cycle the PB 3-4 times. I always do EPBs manually so I'm not familiar with maintenance mode issues.
 

ModJPB

Member
First Name
Jason
Joined
Oct 4, 2025
Threads
0
Messages
43
Reaction score
18
Location
New Jersey
Car(s)
22 Civic Sport Touring CVT
I did mine last year, putting it into maintenance mode, swapped pads and taking out of maintenance when done. All went effortlessly.

Do both epb motors make noise and loosen/tighten when engaging/disengaging the epb or enabling/disabling maintenance mode? Did you do anything with the brake fluid? Check fluid level?

Make sure the epb motor housing isn't cracked or damaged. Check wires for damaged insulation, cuts, or disconnected. I would go around and unplug and replug all the connectors. The rears connectors sometimes feel like they are plugged in but require extra force to get the clip to lock it in place.
Sponsored

 
 





Top