• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

easy fixes that are missing from the integra a/k/a how to take the teggy from 8.0 to 9.5

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Found another issue I hope the type s resolves.. adaptive Cruze control only works to 90 mph. Also lane keep cuts off at 93 or so and you can't engage it over 85.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Yitzz

First Name
Yitzz
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra A-spec Tech CVT
Found another issue I hope the type s resolves.. adaptive Cruze control only works to 90 mph. Also lane keep cuts off at 93 or so and you can't engage it over 85.
Where are you ACCing at 90+?
Not that there's anything wrong with it, but cc? Over 90? Thats a consistent speed? Daaaaammmmnnn..

Wojo

First Name
Beef Cake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec CVT, 2015 TLX , 2002 TL Type S

wow, wish i could cruise that fast, must be nice :)

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Where are you ACCing at 90+?
Not that there's anything wrong with it, but cc? Over 90? Thats a consistent speed? Daaaaammmmnnn..
Took a trip through Michigan with speed limit of 75. Was doing well above that . For the round trip of 1k miles and most speeds of over 80+ I still got 35 mpg.

WhiteAspec

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A Spec/Tech
No Power Folding Mirrors.... Unnecessary to do us dirty like that, Acura. someone please come out with a retrofit.

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
No Power Folding Mirrors.... Unnecessary to do us dirty like that, Acura. someone please come out with a retrofit.
If we were to do that they would NEED auto dimming. I'm so tired of having to move my head to one side at night because the truck behind me is blinding me at stops.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Yes, auto dimming for sure then power folding. Ventilated front seats.

That’s weird that the ACC stops at a certain point. I travel to areas with 75 & 80 mph speed limits. It’s nice to set the cruise to 85-95 during those long, boring stretches. I have a Ram Limited that governs out at 105 but the TRX guys set the ACC at their max speed of 117 for those long trips through TX. Speed limit is even higher there but can’t remember the max. I want to say 90 or 95.

I’d assume the LKA just can’t compute accurately when reaches a certain speed.

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
If we were to do that they would NEED auto dimming. I'm so tired of having to move my head to one side at night because the truck behind me is blinding me at stops.
If the vehicle directly behind you is blinding you through the wing mirrors, they aren't adjusted correctly.

6mtJak

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra Aspec 6mt
One more thing for this 6mt car (not an easy fix lol) is why did the engineers see fit to gear this thing to turn 3000 rpm at 75mph? It really feels like it needs a 7th gear! Probably left a few highway mpgs on the table no doubt.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
One more thing for this 6mt car (not an easy fix lol) is why did the engineers see fit to gear this thing to turn 3000 rpm at 75mph? It really feels like it needs a 7th gear! Probably left a few highway mpgs on the table no doubt.
I agree. I believe the typeS will be 300 or so rpm less at 75

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
If the vehicle directly behind you is blinding you through the wing mirrors, they aren't adjusted correctly.
Around here people seem ignore where the center of the lane is and sit with their left tires on the dividing lines.

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
This actually doesnt surprise me since the ep3 si i had turned 3500 at 70mph. Honda seems to prefer higher rpm.

Beyond my own questions of the rpm in that ep3 and the integra, no known issues have occured. Both of the aforementioned got bettter than advertised mpg.

Maybe someone knows something they arent telling us.

6mtJak

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I suppose it's possible, but I read somewhere that the 1.5 produces it's 192ft/lbs as low as 1800rpm - just makes me think turning 2500ish at 75mph would be fine, and one would think even more economical.

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
I suppose it's possible, but I read somewhere that the 1.5 produces it's 192ft/lbs as low as 1800rpm - just makes me think turning 2500ish at 75mph would be fine, and one would think even more economical.
It's possible. It could also decrease economy or longevity. You don't want to be in boost while cruising. Higher cylinder pressure and higher iats are both potential concerns. It would also increase heat & strain on the clutch, which i have had an unfortunate incident with another car in the past. Cruising through the WV mountains hitting 5-6psi uphill in 6th gear in an 06 MCS, the stock throwout bearing exploded sending shrapnel through the transmission case leaving at least 1 viewing window in its wake. Granted, that car was running 17psi through a positive displacement supercharger at full tilt.

The claimed 192 lb ft at 1800 rpm is asking a lot out of the internals of the engine, which, to be fair are made for economy not power/torque.. I would never try to make it match that, personally. I try to keep the car out of full boost below 3k, but I have messed around and hit it in the mid-2K rpm range in 2nd and 3rd.

6mtJak

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My Cruze Eco has 175k on it's 1.4l with only 148ft pounds, it pulls ok for a small motor, turns like 500rpm lower at 75 and gets better highway mpg than the Acura. Can't be sure why they geared the Integra the way they did, but I will say pretty much never have to shift on the interstate once it's in 6th!