• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Digital Gauge Cluster LENS Replacement Guide

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
Curious on how people are cleaning their lens on the cluster🤔. Have had my car over a year and wash it weekly (inside & out) and not a scratch or swirl on it. Nonetheless great write up

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech
Curious on how people are cleaning their lens on the cluster🤔. Have had my car over a year and wash it weekly (inside & out) and not a scratch or swirl on it. Nonetheless great write up
My car came as a first round of preorders in May22’ and came with gnarly scuffs in it from factory :( didn’t realize u til a few days later and never brought it up. Had my detail guy buff them out though but will be replacing and installing a screen protector shortly thereafter; likely when the weather warms up again

OP
OP

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
My car came as a first round of preorders in May22’ and came with gnarly scuffs in it from factory :( didn’t realize u til a few days later and never brought it up. Had my detail guy buff them out though but will be replacing and installing a screen protector shortly thereafter; likely when the weather warms up again
The best way to clean it is using an air canister and blow the dust out.

I thought I had a soft microfiber towel to wipe it down but even that left gnarly swirls. It became such a nuisance while driving that I had to replace it. Whether you're replacing or buffing it out; best to get a piece of PPF and throw it on there or ceramic coat. That way you can clean it for life without any worries

vexingv

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 ITS LCM/Red; '16 BMW M235-xdrive
great write up. my car was among the first production run i think (LCM/red) and sat in the showroom for a few weeks before i bought it in August. there were scratches when i picked it up and i probably put a few more in while trying to clean it. i tried a few different screen protectors from amazon, which didn't really work well. most were of a hard plastic sheet that didnt conform very well to curve of the cluster lens. finally, i got one from Screen ProTech: https://screenprotech.com/products/acura-integra-screen-protech-kit

it is a bit pricey for what it is, which is essentially a clear film material (like PPF) that is installed wet mounted. a bit challenging to get the film tucked under the cluster housing (i didnt wet the film enough at first and having dry spots makes adjusting position harder) and i managed to get some specks of dust here and there, but only by having a screen protector will solve it the issue that the cluster plastic lens is so soft and prone to scratches. the way the lens curves and sits also allows dust to lay on top of it, making it prone to scratching from frequent cleaning. after the install, the film does a good job of covering/hiding any existing scratches. i also installed it on the touchscreen too and was nicer than the Spigen hard glass protector that i had on before that.

bee-man

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra 6sp
Wow, that's a crazy good write up. Thank you so much for taking the time!

The lens scratches so easy, it's just wrong. What works for me is a very soft Clinique foundation brush while blowing with a Makita blower.