• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Dealer has my deposit

moneypal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S White
Hello all, I’m number 2 on Crown Acuras list for a Type S, and I paid a 1000 dollar “non-refundable” deposit. However in the mean time I had the opportunity to purchase a demo model type S. This 1000 dollar deposit is for a white over red car at 5k over MSRP which I was willing to pay to get one this year. However now that I have a car, in the state of Ohio does a dealer have the ability to actually take a non refundable deposit if no goods are received?

If I can’t get my moneyback would anyone want my spot for this car.
Unfortunately I asked this question on the integra type s owner Facebook group, and I got banned from the group. I’m assuming because it looked like I was trying to sell my allocation for some sort of a profit.

not trying to make a buck here. I paid a 1000 dollar deposit just trying to see if there’s anyway to recoup that cost. If anyone is interested or knows how I can get the dealer to refund me let me know thank you!

RamVA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Beat, Acty, Prelude, CBR1kRR, ITS, Motocompacto
Have you asked them for your money back? It's worth a try.

In Virginia I know they can't keep your deposit, but I can't say for Ohio (or Michigan).

OP
OP
moneypal

moneypal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yes I tried but have to call again he said he’d get back to me but nothing yet

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Do you have anything in writing stating that the deposit is/was non-refundable? If so, Ohio would say the non-refundable element of the contract is valid.

That said, you could always ask to have the money refunded, knowing they're not obligated to refund it, but you never know.

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
93 EH with 97 JDM ITR swap, 2024 ABP/ orchid ITS
Good luck with the dealer refund on your deposit...

Does Acura warranty the Demo cars the same?
Not trying to flame at all but my concerns with a demo car are Acura recommends 1k MILES break-in keeping it under 4k rpm and 500 mile easy brake period.
Some of the videos I saw these Demo units were put through the gauntlet and the limits tested. I am assuming that's why they were not full MSRP if you could get one.

A3REDT

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT, 2015 Chevrolet Camaro SS 6
I've gotten refunds on "non-refundable" deposits by giving a few reasons that I didn't like the vehicle, typically things that might have been mentioned in reviews but weren't something the manufacturer specified. "More road noise than I thought it would have, these panels don't line up as well as they should, I don't like the sound of the exhaust, the ride is rougher than I want" But the best way to ensure that happens is to view the vehicle in person and point out your issues with it. Then the dealership is more than happy to refund your deposit so they can move on to the next potential client as quickly as possible. Not gonna say you have no chance by telling them you already bought one; but if you've told them you already purchased I don't know what motivation they'd have to return your deposit.

Liquid ITS 24

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Honda Accord V6 6 Speed
I would exhaust all options about getting your deposit back (in a nice manner or lie about how a family event came up and you don't have the funds anymore) I don't think they can legally hold your money and if worst comes to worst call your bank/credit card and dispute it.

OP
OP
moneypal

moneypal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Good luck with the dealer refund on your deposit...

Does Acura warranty the Demo cars the same?
Not trying to flame at all but my concerns with a demo car are Acura recommends 1k MILES break-in keeping it under 4k rpm and 500 mile easy brake period.
Some of the videos I saw these Demo units were put through the gauntlet and the limits tested. I am assuming that's why they were not full MSRP if you could get one.
The car had 35 miles on it when I bought it so I wasn’t too concerned

OP
OP
moneypal

moneypal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yea I’m gonna call him again today, and I have already disputed the charge

2015FB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Civic Type R R-13973
I'm in Cleveland and would be interested in taking your spot but I'd need Crown to agree to what I'm looking for but it doesn't sound like they would be willing to agree to it. I'd be looking for their next silver, blue, red or tiger eye (all with the black interior) at MSRP. Refundable deposit. No forced accessories or packages. And I can turn a color down and wait for the next one if I decide to pass. I know this doesn't align with what you agreed to with them but I currently have an FK8 and am not in any hurry. Maybe they'll bite...